• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO 15th Anniversary Brainstorm Thread

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm looking for any and all input from current and former members of the Atlantic Shard.

Let's start discussion on what ideas or events that we could have to celebrate the 15th Anniversary on Atlantic.

Should we do a parade through the towns?
A Tour of the old sites like Leiah's?
Should we have a block party?
Should we have a ball?

What do you think?

Sono

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm looking for any and all input from current and former members of the Atlantic Shard.

Let's start discussion on what ideas or events that we could have to celebrate the 15th Anniversary on Atlantic.

Should we have a ball?

What do you think?

I love the ideas.

- A tour though the famous places on Atlantic
- A tour through the famous player towns and places on Atlantic
- A footrace through Illsenar (for those that don't have SA)
- A footrace through the SA (for those that do) = first one who makes it through alive wins
- Parade through Britain
- Vendor/Street fair (someone on another shard did this and it seems to have turned out well)
- Block party would be fun
- Introduce the Guilds
- Acknowledge those who gave a lot of to UO (like Goodmans', etc.)
- Maybe a Cheese race or event
- We could put out tables and decorate the area.
- Boat race
- original boat race (for those without high seas)
- boat races with categories (for those with high seas)
- Chicken/animal herding race
- Battle chickens?
Contests
- First one to get to Exodus from Britain moongate and get a golem part wins
- Other contests that I can't think of right now...

The ball might be difficult to carry off. Could be a costume party.

Lord Clay Of Aquinas

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's revisit the towns that have made this world what it is... I'm sure most if not all of you remember hanging out at town banks other than Luna. Dragging ore from Minoc's mountains to the closest forgery. Some might remember the Meditation mishap years ago in Skara where no matter what you would cast, your meditation would shoot up (back when it was a challenge to gain). Or Britain's East bank being populated versus yet another ghost building with the occasional straggler looking for rioters. Moonglow was once filled with mages, casting, and conversing. MTC was founded from those friendships made at the bank. Or how about the Cove people that would make daring trips to the Orc fort just South of the town to gain combat skills. Trinsic and the graveyard battles.

Some may remember the time when traveling meant running from town to town, avoiding or heading straight into those Undead Tent Spawns. Players use to know the world around them. Now it's a recall from location to location for most avoiding most time spent in any city other than Luna. There are other great cities in the world other than Luna. Let's not forget the places we started. The cities that aided us. The crowds of people at the bank in ANY city, some heading to hunt, some teaching others, some just sitting trying to sell their wares.

These cities were here, and are still here for you. Let's honor the cities and the world with our presence. Let's populate Atlantic's world and not just seclude ourselves to one city.

Sorry, if this goes a bit far and seems a little out there.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No events that give of any kind of reward w havr too much crap that only a few players are getting, and NOOOOO Grinding.

Foot Races, naked dungeons runs, hot coal run, boat race, archery, skree fights, carvnival ball (costume Party)

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about all the GMs, EMs and what have ya... visit the shard for a day... I remember when I started playing the game many years ago and seeing a GM walking the shard was almost like seeing a Deity... would love to meet and greet with all the ones that make it happen behind the screen... and yeah no gifts... just spend some time with us... hehehe.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We can problay get Britain decerated up, and just make it the main town again. Set up vendor stalls, have smiths at the shops repairing or trading bods. Tailors aswell, and then branch off from that location with other events.

Lord Clay Of Aquinas

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's great to see that some of the community actually does not desire any item be made or given out. It's becoming standard practice to reward everyone for every little thing in the game to keep players happy. Most of these items get traded, sold, and eventually stowed away in personal collections. I'm not a huge fan of "decorating up" or making current cities stocked with player vendors. Heck, I really don't like what was done with our current Britain bank.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talking about one area in the City, like East Britain, Then have a event book placed there if there is other events for people to come and see what is currently going on and what is the time frame for the next. Player vendors, is players behind tables, selling, trading, or just buying stuff. It is moslty for people to come together and celebrate the 15th year ann. together in whichever way they enjoy doing. The actual ann. I have a very busy weekend though so problay will miss it regardless what is going on.

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think Lord British conservatory of music need a full music box and a harpsichord

Maybe bennu can lock down an empty one and we can fill it together (if possible)

or we donate a complete one

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Lord British conservatory of music need a full music box and a harpsichord

Maybe bennu can lock down an empty one and we can fill it together (if possible)

or we donate a complete one
Both of those are possible.

Bennu has a mail box at the EM Reward hall :)

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...you sleep and dream, but is it a dream...

An image of a man in a crimson robe comes through a dark fog. His face is covered by a white beard, and the eyes are familiar. A smile you remember. Can it be Lord Raven of Minoc?

A dream of an old friend. What happened to Raven? Your thoughts swirl and a jagged mountain comes into focus. A dark land, only made visible by explosive bursts of lightning. It is a horrific storm that consumes all light... where did Raven go? He was smiling before... but you can not see him and your ears are filled with thunder and the pounding of the rain.

Lightning strikes nearby and you see something clawing up the rocks towards you. Is it human? Is it Raven?

Another loud crash, but this time it is just the sound of a blacksmith's cart overturning in the street below. Old armor and rusty swords headed to the forge clatter across the stone street disturbing your sleep.

...And then you realize it was not a dream, it was a vision.

#UO15

Last edited:

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
* yawns and rubs the sleep from her eyes*

I had the strangest dream....

*peers at the figure in the party hat skulking in the corner*

Inu?!? Is that you?

" Maybe...."....*hops*

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Should we have a ball?

What do you think?
I personally love the idea of a ball. There are some of us, ok - maybe only myself - who don't do risky things in Britannia because we are no good at it. We prefer rather to enjoy the more quiet activities like sail (before I lost my Britannian ship), grow plants, attend special events like feeding the hungry in Yew, etc. So to me, a ball where everyone is dressed in their finest and being able to visit with old and new friends sounds wonderful. I also love the idea of a tour of some special sites with a tour guide. There are so many special places like that memorial at the top of a waterfall (can't remember who it was for), the hedge maze, Lord British's castle, and player places like Goodman's and those like it. And the idea of a stroll through some of the old towns together as a group with a tour leader, with all of us dressed in our finest sounds so grand and fitting for such a major milestone in Britannia's history.

But maybe that's just me...

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, now I'll weigh in OC. :)

I like the ideas about a tour of some kind as I want to take advantage of the Anniversary to get a lot of new screen shotsfor the Digital Memories of Ultima Online Gallery. So I would be into that. I don't have my full rune library anymore but there are tons of folks that have cool runes. I would be happy to volunteer some time marking runes or buying books if we wanted to make a book for folks.

My plans include an Internet scavenger hunt and I will post details about that soon on my blog. I have also started using #UO15 as a hashtag for all my tweets, and will have a #UO15 channel open in UO when I'm on so we can discuss 15th Anniversary events. I am planning on writing a 9 chapter story as part of the contest I'm planning. If others want to get in on the fun for that, shoot me a message here or keep an eye on the blog and I'll have more info and a contact form.

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Both of those are possible.

Bennu has a mail box at the EM Reward hall :)
I waited awhile to see if there was any interest in filling a box and harpsichord together (there was non)

But if it is enough that only I think this is a good idea i can donate a full box and harpsichord so you can lock down

Last edited:

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Herman, no problem. Donate it if you want and Ill put it in the music hall in Britain.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EM Bennu,

Perhaps you could let us know whether or not you will be holding any events during the time period say September 21st to September 30th for the 15th Anniversary?

Then we can plan player events that will not conflict? That would be most helpful.

Thank you

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been talking to various people about having a day or two full of events probably over the week of the 28th.

I did really want to do a writing contest but Mesanna has done one with a prize we can't possibly compete with.

Our focus is on 2 Invasions, a Scavenger Hunt, a Tour & a Ball.

I have a location for the Invasion & the Scavenger Hunt. Looking for suggestions for the Tour and the Ball.

Anyone that would like to work on these please contact me.

Perhaps you & you friends are working on something already.

I'd love to hear about it so that we do not overlap events or could possibly help each other.

Lord Raven has started his online Contest already and it can be found here. Lord Raven of Minoc

Thanks!

Last edited:

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am probably going to try to do the Tour Saturday afternoon. I cannot do the Scavenger Hunt or Ball with no support.

If you or your town or organization would like to be a stop in the tour, please see me BEFORE Saturday.

There will be a few Felucca stops in the Tour and it will be based out of the GRL Portal.

Happy Birthday Ultima Online!

p.s. If either EM Bennu or EM Tiberies would like to attend any of these events this weekend and support them, that would be great.

Last edited:

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Blackthorns castle is huge and could fit Atlantics numbers. If someone picks a date I am sure a gate could be made from Luna to it by the EM to hold our Ball

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Blackthorns castle is huge and could fit Atlantics numbers. If someone picks a date I am sure a gate could be made from Luna to it by the EM to hold our Ball
Saturday Night September 29th!
7, 8 or 9 pm EST?

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm thinking, 9 pm is probable the best for every time zone. Do you want to do the tour from there? Do the tour first? Do we wear costumes? I will email Tibs for a gate from Luna (EM Bennu is more than likely going to have his full this weekend)
Please add Toad Town to your tour (the Township Banners are linked, plus there is a tele from Goodmans hub) We will put together party favors

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
9:00 pm sounds just fine. Tiberies is having an event at noon est on Saturday so my thought was to have the tour mid afternoon say 3 or 4 o'clock est. That way people have little blocks of time to get rl things in if they have to.

Costumes could be fun but not required? Some will want to wear fancy clothes. Formal wear? Would you like to write up the invite to the Ball? We can truck in food and beverages after the Tour. Blackthorn's new castle looks great and will be a great spot to party.

The Tour will start and end at the GRL portal house and to be in the tour you must have a spot there. I will not be using the Luna portal as it does not connect to my town.

Toad Town is in! Would you like to say a few words to the tour when we get there? Or send me what you would like me to say about Toad Town. I'll hopefully be getting something from others as well.

No costumes required for the Tour. I'll be posting the Tour details tonight.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will make an announcement soon on the trivia contest I'm sponsoring. It is not shard-specific and you don't have to be in-game to play. So its at your leisure... so you can fit it in around all the other fantastic stuff going on this weekend.The contest deadline will be announced this weekend in a post on Stratics and my blog and there will be plenty of time for folks to participate without trying to jam one more thing in this wonderful weekend.

I want to thank EM Tiberies, Lady Andrasta, Lady Rachel and the Ultima Online folks in Faifax VA for organizing an entire weekend of cool stuff for us to enjoy. I've scheduled reminder Tweets about what's going on on my Twitter feed @ravenofminoc using the #UO15 hashtag.

Have a great weekend!

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thanks to EM Tiberies we have a gate to Blackthorns Castle for the ball- I will be dropping advertisements tonight and tomorrow-Can someone get a post on the atlantic thread?

Toad Town made up lil favor bags and we have a greeter for the tour-let me know what time the tour is?

Sounds like a fun weekend

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After speaking about this at the event tonight, its been decided to postpone the Tour for another day when there are not so many other things going on but we will be helping with the Ball. Ask Petra to post something on the Main Page for you.