• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SDI for Gargoyles?

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Why does there seem to be so few items that a gargoyle can equip or have altered that have SDI on them?

I have a mage/mystic gargoyle and have been trying, in vain, to add as much possible SDI onto him. But so far the only items I have found that have SDI are jewelry, PoM, Mantle of the Fallen and a void orb. If you're human or elf there's a ton of options in the hat spot and a couple of leggings with SDI.

Can anyone tell me some items I might have over looked to stack SDI on a gargoyle?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can alter Spell Woven Britches and use them on a gargoyle with 10 SDI. Also, Wardens Armor of Augmentation (or altered Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation) have 3 SDI too.

I agree, there should be more SDI armor pieces. There also need to be more Gargoyle armor with DCI. I know reforging helps with this issue, but it is only 5 DCI per piece and it takes one of 5 imbuing mods on an armor piece.

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep seeing this same question ingame and on forums. Gargoyle mage suits are actually super easy to make (probably easier than human suits) but people never seem to know all the options out there. So I guess it's time to spill my "secret" since I see so many of my fellow gargoyles walking around in crap suits.

Altered Wizard's Crystal Glasses
Mantle of the Fallen
Crafted or Reforged arms (imbued if you want high resists- which you probably will) - put LRC and Resists on them.
Summoner's Kilt
Altered Spell-Woven Britches (seems like nobody knows you can alter these?)
Crystalline Ring
Ornament of the Magician
Warden's Armor on wings or Altered Ranger's Cloak
Mystic's Guard shield
Altered Tangle

Neck you can either use Pendant of the Magi or an imbued necklace.
Note this setup gives 5 FCR, I have slayer scrapper's of every kind and/or super slayer books with FCR on them. If this isn't an option for you, you can always use a different ring, but I feel the bonuses on Crystalline Ring warrant having to get spellbooks with FCR 1 on them.

Hope this helps someone, make your fellow gargoyles proud.

edit: Forgot to mention, with Pendant of the Magi this suit gives 58% SDI before spellbook, and 50/60/60/60/67 resists, 14MR, 23 mana, capped (+25) Intelligence, etc. If you have the money, Conjurer's Garb and Guard Sash (altered) can make it even better. Have fun.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You can alter Spell Woven Britches and use them on a gargoyle with 10 SDI.
I've tried altering those and I get the "you may not alter that item" message?

Maybe because I've been trying to alter the Elf version and you can only alter human version?

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've tried altering those and I get the "you may not alter that item" message?

Maybe because I've been trying to alter the Elf version and you can only alter human version?
Try a newer pair of them. I believe older crafted ones can't be altered.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What renowns drop the Mantle of the Fallen and the Summoner's Kilt? There are usually 2 renown mobs that drop each item (except for the singular drops from the 4 peerless/bosses).

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so after working on this for a few weeks here's what I managed.

Stats
115/115
34/34
150/172

57% SDI
2/6 casting
42% LMC
45% DCI

Resists 70,70,66,70,70

If anyone wants the specific details I will post them.

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so after working on this for a few weeks here's what I managed.

Stats
115/115
34/34
150/172

57% SDI
2/6 casting
42% LMC
45% DCI

Resists 70,70,66,70,70

If anyone wants the specific details I will post them.
I'm guessing this is using a scrapper's? I'd be interested in seeing the whole layout if you've got time.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm guessing this is using a scrapper's?
I did forget to mention that this is without a spellbook. Part of my goal was to still be able to use the appropriate Slayer spellbook, so I wasn't relying on a spellbook for any SDI.

Night Eyes
Pendant of Magi
Mantle of Fallen
Summoner's Kilt
Spell Woven Britches
Imbued Arms with 20/15/22/13/12 Resists. 15%Lrc, 5HPI, 8MI.

Shroud of Condemned
Spell Focusing Sash
Elder Detective of Royal Guard Boots (+3 Int)
Quiver of Infinity
Tangle
Mana Phasing Orb - 5% DCI, 6%LMC, 5% SDI

Hephaestus Shield

Bracelet - 15% SDI, 1/3 casting, 15 Fire Resist (Looted this in Shame and it was originally just 15% SDI and 15 Fire Resist with no other mods on it... awesome find!)
Ring - 12% SDI, 20% LRC, 13 Physical Resist, 13 Poison Resist, 15 Energy Resist.

I'd like to find a ring with higher SDI that can be enhanced with what I need. It wouldn't be a huge bump in SDI, but if I run across something I'll definately add it into the suit and see if I can get to 60% SDI or more.

The other thing I've been doing is making spellbooks in hopes of getting some good slayers that also have some SDI on them and turning in most of the garbage to the mage community collection dude. So far nothing though, so I'm not sure what the odds are on getting slayers with SDI. I have 100 scribe and 120 magery and eval.

Hopefully I got all that info right, kinda tired :)

Last edited:

Botak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Driven,

Quiver of Infinity can be altered? I was reading your other post that it might disappear (older post)
How about staff of the magi ?

Thanks

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Driven,

Quiver of Infinity can be altered? I was reading your other post that it might disappear (older post)
How about staff of the magi ?

Thanks
Quiver of Infinity can be altered. I recall that the devs fixed a bug with the disappearing quiver

The Staff of the Magi cannot be altered.

Henzy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I know the thread is two and a half years old but nontheless:
SDI for gargoyles: 20% crystaline ring, 18% bracelet, 15% wizard's reading glasses, 10% spell woven britches (altered), 5% mantle of the fallen, 5% summoner's kilt, 5% pendant of the magi, 5% mana phasing orb gives a total of 83% before scapper's compendium with another 25%. It's 108%. (The elf has a maximum of 124%) I don't see the SDI on a quiver of infinity, so maybe someone can explain it to a newby like me....
Furthermore town loyalty (to Magincia if I remember correctly) also boosts SDI....
Up The Irons,
Henzy
Lord of The Ruskin Arms of Drachenfels

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get get the garg version of the 3 sdi robe with 75 minax arties. Also the new cloak from the rooftop encounter can be converted to wing armor( it has 5 sdi instead of 3).

Henzy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You can get get the garg version of the 3 sdi robe with 75 minax arties. Also the new cloak from the rooftop encounter can be converted to wing armor( it has 5 sdi instead of 3).
@StealYourFace - Thank you for your contribution, but alas I understand very little of what you are saying.... 75 minax arties?? rooftop encounter??? You see: you post one phrase which gives me again 2 questions. And still no clue what the quiver of infinity has to do with SDI....
Up The Irons
Henzy

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The minax artis come from blackthorns dungeon. The entrance is in blackthorns castle. It basically works like treasures of tokuno , as you kill things the minax arties drop in your pack. There is a guy outside the entrance of the dungeon you turn them in for rewards.

The rooftop encounter is part of the new expansion. You get a group of people and clear some rooms then go to the rooftop and kill 4 bosses. If your lucky you get a drop. You can read about it on uo.com or sift through the last few weeks of posts here. It takes a few hours to do the whole thing but it does save your progress as you clear each room.

As for the quiver of infinity it don't have any sdi at all.

Henzy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@StealYourFace THANKS A LOT for the info!!!
One more way to increase SDI: Reaperform (spellweaving ability)
Up The Irons
Henzy

Last edited: