• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] "Marble" Wooden benches crafted by Lord Derium *Read*

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A while ago when I was setting up the Mage Tower on LS I created MANY of these items. Someone was able via an exploit to obtain a few of these (for now I will not state how many are out there). I was on the hunt for them for a long time, and I just now saw one sold for 200mil.

These ARE currently considered an exploited item by me. As cool as it would be to have a 200mil+ "rare" out there personally crafted by me, I must tell you these benches were obtained with an exploit. Maybe Mesanna will consider them okay to own, and if she does I will tell you exactly how many are out there.

But please be careful until she officially states if you can own them or not. In the meantime I'm looking for ANY information as to who has them, and if we can figure out who started selling them in the first place. I personally would like to see them removed from players hands. They were never intended to be as such.

Thank you,
Derium

Attachments

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WOW... i take it.. there are 100 or so of these benches just by looking at that picture and such. Such a nice item tho.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well... its a nice item and it would go great in front of my harp in my Sacred Jungle lol. Sad that they might be illegal tho. :(

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sold the wood bench, and.. i got it from your own idoc house. There was only one and I was alone on the idoc. As far as I know, you were the owner of the Mage Tower on LS for some time until mesanna took the ownership. My guess is, that someone (i suppose to not name anyone here but.. lets say the previous owner of the LS mage tower) built the rune library on the Mage Tower and "that guy" locked down the wooden benches, then Mesanna came and dyed them with Marble color. Then that guy said "i wish to release this" and grab the nicely colored wood bench. Anyway, just a guess.

I personally would like to see them removed from players hands. They were never intended to be as such.
Then, next time, dont store the wood bench inside your house. Thats not the proper way to remove it from "player hands".

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now I'm perplexed. My main house is still standing and the only houses that I lost didn't have any of those in them. IF that is the case, then there is only one and that makes it MUCH easier for me to locate it. Is there any way I can find out who bought it?

As for me "storing" them, I could have taken all of them had I cared to, but I wasn't about to violate the trust that had been handed to me. Had I wished to keep some I wouldn't have turned in all the ones I decided to not keep there ;)

Either way, there was an entire row of benches and runebooks that were locked down in the corner of the Tower, the entire row vanished and I reported that to the EMs and Mesanna so we could learn as to if they deleted themselves, or if we were looking at another "bushel" thing taking place (there was initial issues with placement).

thanks,
-Derium

P.S. I ever owned the Mage Tower, It's always been in the hands Mesanna and the EMs

Apetul

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now I'm perplexed. My main house is still standing and the only houses that I lost didn't have any of those in them. IF that is the case, then there is only one and that makes it MUCH easier for me to locate it. Is there any way I can find out who bought it?
I'm talking about the house you had at 1 screen of your main house. That house had 1 wood bench. The person's name who bought it will remain private unless he wants to contact you or post here. Anyway, I dont see why that item could be illegal. Its just another item dyed from an EM or Mesanna that got unlocked. Sometimes when an EM do some deco on a public place, they forget to lock items and ppl grabs them. I know a few items obtained that way on LS like a horse dung, several others server births and a piece of a Big Yew Tree that I believe is owned by manticore because I know the guy who originally got it.

As for me "storing" them, I could have taken all of them had I cared to, but I wasn't about to violate the trust that had been handed to me. Had I wished to keep some I wouldn't have turned in all the ones I decided to not keep there ;)
You dont need to hold 10 or 20 benches to violate the trust that were given to you by the EMs or Mesanna. 1 is enough to do that.

Either way, there was an entire row of benches and runebooks that were locked down in the corner of the Tower, the entire row vanished and I reported that to the EMs and Mesanna so we could learn as to if they deleted themselves, or if we were looking at another "bushel" thing taking place (there was initial issues with placement).
Well, the one bench you had inside your house didnt vanished nor was deleted by EMs or Mesanna so my guess is the others are still stored somewhere else. Did you reported to the EMs or Mesanna that you had one of the supposedly vanished benches on your house? hehe

BTW, I dont believe there is an exploit to magically "unlock" stuff from a Tower.

PS: I have nothing against you, but talking about that the benches should be illegal to own then talking about not to violate the trust, while you had one in your own house.. well, contradictory is just the first word that comes to my mind.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand your "standoffishness" thinking it was my house that fell. Long story short I never said they ARE illegal, I said that I MYSELF feel they SHOULD be. And until Mesanna weighs in on it, the proper thing to do is give a fair warning to people before they spend 200mil on an item. If it turns out legit then cool, if not the seller owes the buyer. In all fairness I'm trying to save YOU 200mil. Yet you seem to be upset with me? Odd.

horse dung? uhhh, remember when people would unlock items and they were illegal for the longest time? Until a change of staff decided that they were okay to own (most of them, MANY are still illegal). And you're almost right, unlocking things from a NORMAL tower probably isn't possible (was the exploit to unlock things from the overhangs fixed I'm guessing?) but as I said, it would be the "bushel" trick. Think about where the Tower is and where you would unlock the baskets... You'll then see what I'm talking about

C

Clank

I'm talking about the house you had at 1 screen of your main house. That house had 1 wood bench. The person's name who bought it will remain private unless he wants to contact you or post here. Anyway, I dont see why that item could be illegal. Its just another item dyed from an EM or Mesanna that got unlocked. Sometimes when an EM do some deco on a public place, they forget to lock items and ppl grabs them. I know a few items obtained that way on LS like a horse dung, several others server births and a piece of a Big Yew Tree that I believe is owned by manticore because I know the guy who originally got it.

'yea i believe the burnt yew tree is still at the glowing orb museum

Apetul

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'yea i believe the burnt yew tree is still at the glowing orb museum
Yes but im talking about a piece of a big Yew tree, not burned. A couple years ago, there was some kind of design contest to decorate WBB. The design on Lake Superior has a big yew tree, so when the EM or mesanna (dunno who did it) did placed it seems they forgot to lock or turn inmovable one of the pieces of the big yew tree. One of the many ppl there got the piece.

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Just be happy there's a rare out there now with your name on it :)

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry about the spam. the only way i can talk on forums now is by editing a post. For some reason it wont let me type something below and then enter it. i now have to edit a post to say anything. Can anyone help me with this. It wont let me post or even send PM's. All i go by is editing a post and making it new. Some help will be greatly appreciated. :)

The reason why there was spam was because when i edited the post and pressed enter. it gave me this "unspesified error" and so i kept trying so it lead me to spam alot. Sorry again. I tried to notify a mod. but i can't PM and i also don't use ICQ.

Can anyone please help me?

If someone helps, i thank you ahead of time, i wont be able to post my thanks until i get this fixed.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry about the spam. the only way i can talk on forums now is by editing a post. For some reason it wont let me type something below and then enter it. i now have to edit a post to say anything. Can anyone help me with this. It wont let me post or even send PM's. All i go by is editing a post and making it new. Some help will be greatly appreciated. :)

The reason why there was spam was because when i edited the post and pressed enter. it gave me this "unspesified error" and so i kept trying so it lead me to spam alot. Sorry again. I tried to notify a mod. but i can't PM and i also don't use ICQ.

If someone helps, i thank you ahead of time, i wont be able to post my thanks until i get this fixed.

I sent a staff member the link. Might edit and put a method they can communicate directly with you since no pms.

(Nevermind, someone has already put you in touch with Syrus! Good luck with the funky issue)

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I had the same issue too from Internet Explorer, so when I used a different web browser like FireFox all went fine.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had the same issue too from Internet Explorer, so when I used a different web browser like FireFox all went fine.
Well i got bored when i couldn't sleep in the morning... and i started messing around with the system here on stratics. I can now post stuff and PM people when i changed the theme. I can't post anything on the normal themes, i had to switch to the Flexile Themes. Ill try and use a different browser and see if it works. Thanks Manti :)

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IT WORKED! Thanks so so so much Manticore and Syrus for your help. :)
Greatly Appreciated