• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Attention Active Catskillians!

D

Digitali

I've been thinking/talking about doing events (with prizes) on our shard for the community for the last couple of weeks. I am ready to push forward a bit more...but I want to make sure I have your attention before I start listing more details/information. So...do I have your attention? Or do I need to start dropping books/runes around Luna bank and posting in general chat? :p

D

Digitali

PvM, PvP and RP. My events will be one or the other or a mix of the three...depending on the event in question. Goal is to provide events for each of the different playstyles so hopefully regularly there will be something for all to enjoy. Mostly evenings to late nights for the events - it will probably be a different day each week due to my real life schedule. It will also change once winter comes! :)

D

Digitali

Each event will be outlined so you'll know what to expect before hand. I'll include each label that applies, include the prizes/rewards, time-date, location and anything else that is important to know. I'll also give at least a week warning. I want to make sure I don't have any schedule conflicts with something any EM might be doing or another guild for that matter. Unless, well mine is listed first then I probably won't be pulling it if people are expecting it to happen then. I want to bring back some of the old school events I remember from the 90s when I first started to UO. You see this sort of thing has always been my passion and joy when it came to UOing...the stories/memories I could share. :) I know this is going to be a lot of work/time but I think it will be worth it and I'm willing to do it. I'm not entering into this blindly at all. I've actually been talking about on general chat for weeks now and in pms with a couple of friends. I just decided it was time to push ahead a bit more and try to see where people check and what sort of interest I would get on the forums. :)

Dayton

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
You can send me the details and times and I can post it on the front page news for more exposure. Time permitting I can lend a hand if needed as well.

D

Digitali

Dayton...I remember that name from way back when I used to be a trader on Catskills. Do you remember a trade for a knitting from idoc about 10 years ago?

I have a contest (graphic design) for siggy/av/group image on uoforums. I'm not sure if it's ok to link that contest here or not but I think it'd be too much confusion having two threads for that. A link would be the best option. As for the events - I will be starting the in game ones after June 18th when the contest ends. The contest winner can be from any shard. Do you think it'd be ok to post a link to that thread so anybody could join in on it? I'm going to be dropping books on my shard of Catskills but if I could post here it might get more exposures to other shards. The guild is called Eventageous. I'm the only one in it but I thought I could ally with people to offer more communication on shard. I also have a keep where the old VvV castle mall used to be pre-tram if you remember that. I'm still in the process of decorating it for events but some of the deco will be changed event to event. I'll probably also change for holidays and to keep it "fresh."

As for the help, I'll welcome any help...please add me to icq 486 988 171. I am rebuilding my contact list. For some reason I don't have anybody on it but I guess a decade of being gone would do that? lol.

Dayton

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Dayton...I remember that name from way back when I used to be a trader on Catskills. Do you remember a trade for a knitting from idoc about 10 years ago?

I have a contest (graphic design) for siggy/av/group image on uoforums. I'm not sure if it's ok to link that contest here or not but I think it'd be too much confusion having two threads for that. A link would be the best option. As for the events - I will be starting the in game ones after June 18th when the contest ends. The contest winner can be from any shard. Do you think it'd be ok to post a link to that thread so anybody could join in on it? I'm going to be dropping books on my shard of Catskills but if I could post here it might get more exposures to other shards. The guild is called Eventageous. I'm the only one in it but I thought I could ally with people to offer more communication on shard. I also have a keep where the old VvV castle mall used to be pre-tram if you remember that. I'm still in the process of decorating it for events but some of the deco will be changed event to event. I'll probably also change for holidays and to keep it "fresh."

As for the help, I'll welcome any help...please add me to icq 486 988 171. I am rebuilding my contact list. For some reason I don't have anybody on it but I guess a decade of being gone would do that? lol.
I do remember that, sorta anyways. I brokered so many rare deals back then I can't keep em all straight.
I do remember the vendor mall that was there. Man, bringing back some good memories here.
I had to take a couple years off due to some surgeries, came back to a full icq list with no one on it anymore. So I deleted the list and started over. I'll add yours tomorrow when I get back home.

D

Digitali

Yeah you were heavy into trading. I took a decade off and just recently returned. I have a new icq 486 988 171.