• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Patch Server Problems

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have tried though UOA and without UOA and run as admin on both. Keep getting error message problem from patch server?? Anyone else?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still patching atm... been going for about 46 minutes..... and I have an 18mb connection.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was rolling along fast until halfway, then it slowed to a crawl. I could see the single digit change on the MB on top patch line. It got to 100% on both bars but stated patch error. Have not been able to get anywhere since then on it.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make sure if your patch folder is empty before trying again.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Make sure if your patch folder is empty
*stares blanky at the screen*

Ummmm it took me three dang days to figure out how to save journal as txt file, wonder how long this is gonna take my comtard arse to figure out. :dunce:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you check perform full file check on the patcher to see if it find any problems?

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patch has been working for over an hour now and was doing absolutely nothing at 63%. I thought it was stuck but - - as I typed this - -
It has moved a tiny wee bit but is ever so slow.

Whew .. it made it. 1 Hour 24 mins. 100% Bioware Patch

Now I am scared to log-in until others who have logged -in say :eyes: "all is working okay " - -

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah, did full file patcher and it still gave error. Restarted and nadda. Oh well, will try again in the morning. GL all

Althalus -VKR-

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im having the similar issue, "Patch client has stopped working" seems to be getting stuck on updating the artLegacyMUL.uop file. I even uninstalled UO, and reinstall the game via client download, and patcher. Same thing is happening with a fresh install... wtf is going on? can anyone help with this issue? cheers

Althalus -VKR-

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
after continual attempts at updating my client, from a fresh install, the patcher just totally shuts down with no warning/error message. Why does this allways seem to happen when a major publish is released.. not happy

Im a windows 7 user by the way. 32 bit home version

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My patch worked fine (Vista 32), but my game was very laggy last night for sure, I kept dropping connection.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine patched to 41% then suddenly read patch error. Now it is just trying my patience.

*remembers when we once could still PLAY even when a patch didn't work*, just we did not see any of the upgrades of patches yet we still COULD PLAY till patches patched. BLEH !
Getting tired of megapatches 2x a month now,
prohibiting us from logging in to play on our paid up accts. at all, most ANNOYING,
especially when we get *patch error* for whatever reasons,
when it all was patching just fine till unexplained *patch error* happening.

:(

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine patched to 41% then suddenly read patch error. Now it is just trying my patience.

*remembers when we once could still PLAY even when a patch didn't work*, just we did not see any of the upgrades of patches yet we still COULD PLAY till patches patched. BLEH !
Getting tired of megapatches 2x a month now,
prohibiting us from logging in to play on our paid up accts. at all, most ANNOYING,
especially when we get *patch error* for whatever reasons,
when it all was patching just fine till unexplained *patch error* happening.

:(
Can you please post your patcher logs?

Althalus -VKR-

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it took about 15 attempts, but eventually updated after I waited untill the morning, back in business.. lol

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it took about 15 attempts, but eventually updated after I waited untill the morning, back in business.. lol
I had the same problem as you, it would download about 1MB before crashing on that file. Hopefully with this new patcher system it won't happen in the future..

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you please post your patcher logs?
I shut down my computer, went to watch tv and ignored it all, restarted it later that evening, and after all these hours, it all patched without a hitch, just took hours.

I use 2 computers, the older win XP is on a slow dial up, so I am used to patches taking for forever on it,
but they have always worked. My other computer is a win 7 laptop, speedy as heck but I FIRST do UO patches on the older XP cuz well UO looks better on it for some reason. I do not use UO assist, got it yrs. go, but after a yr. of it, I opted to play UO without it. :) Heck I even sail the UO seas without any UO mapper or carto assistant, rather get lost at sea I guess. lol
I am very OLD SCHOOL.

I tried to jot down what the msg. all was, when it stopped functioning that first time around at 41 % but I do not even profess to fathom what it was even telling me. :( I just tried it all from the 0% it gave me next go round and it finally worked.

But it read something like this when it said patch failed at the 41 % :

.artLegacyMUL.uop from ...using a maximum install, either this file is not readable, your system needs to be rebooted, or the file does not exist, and you either need to uninstall/ reinstall, or switch to a maximum install. etc.

Since I was clueless what the msg. was even telling me, at my old age, and I was not about to UNINSTALL 14.5 yrs of my playin UO !!
:)
I just tried it all again that evening, and well today, after hours of watchin the bars and % of patching patch up without issues 2nd time around, I got TO LOG IN finally this morning ! So, something worked 2nd time around trying to patch it all, finally ! Maybe my old XP just had to cool off for a couple hours to have that mega patch patch all the way thru this last go round all over several hours ? So basically I went from Wed. to this Fri. morning patchin this patch, 0%- 41% and then finally 0%-100%, this 2nd go round. *that's a lotta hours*

*now off to try this same mega dwld. patch, also on my speedier, win 7 *

But I do remember once upon a time yrs. ago if a patch didn't patch we still could play,
just we might see once new *lost land ostards* as purple llamas till our patch worked, but we could still play !

:)