• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Defeating Cora

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just went to Cora for the first time. Apparently mages are completely worthless thanks to the mana drain.

So what have you guys found is the best template/tactic to beat her?

P.S. This is my first experience with the Covetous revamp as it's not my job to test their software so I don't use TC.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've heard just a standard, non sampire dexer works. I'm also interested in hearing which temps people try.

Illumina Zero

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ran in there and never found her, where she at? (NM, found here on lvl 4) doesnt seem a sampi would do any good, only hitting for 15 dmg with EoO and a Ornate axe.
I'm gonna guess this is a tamer or archer boss... maybe even mystic summoner
Since she hits for 50

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm also interested in hearing which temps people try.
Well I didnt have much time, but I tried a Mystic Mage. Doesn't work well. My RC was gone within 15 seconds, so I don't think any summons are going to work well. The whole mana drain is going to make it hard for any char that needs mana to do damage/survive. Admittedly my char does not have Resist Spells, so I don't know if that lessens the mana drain effect. And for anyone who doesn't know she doesn't just take some of your mana, she takes it all, repeatedly.

Later I'll try a Sampire. If you can leech life, I'd assume it would work ok. Also have a Bard/Tamer I will try. Not sure if she's immune to pets or takes half damage (such as the UEV's).

Illumina Zero

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully not one of those stupid bosses that takes 80 people with pitchforks to take it down... thought she was in a "weakened state" anyhow?
I've never been bonked on the head by boomstick that hard my life.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just went to Cora for the first time. Apparently mages are completely worthless thanks to the mana drain.

So what have you guys found is the best template/tactic to beat her?

P.S. This is my first experience with the Covetous revamp as it's not my job to test their software so I don't use TC.
Do you have Resisting Spells? That skill should negate the mana drain.

Illumina Zero

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She flame struck me for 40 at 70 resist... and somehow did a double slap that both did 60.
I tried to see if she was by chance a repond, I didn't get far either way, but when I took the trinket off, her staff only did about 20ish.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone mentioned what it took on TC and my only thought was "That's more people than most servers can field these days."

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
.....really? I killed her with 2 people lol

Hint: Avoid the blue stuff on the ground (That is what will drain your mana). Also, this boss DOES work off the new looting system IE you can sit back and heal and get looting rights.

For example:

I was a dexxer hitting her + My friend on a mystic sat back out of Cora's range and healed me. When she died, SHE got an artifact, I actually got nothing.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.....really? I killed her with 2 people lol

Hint: Avoid the blue stuff on the ground (That is what will drain your mana). Also, this boss DOES work off the new looting system IE you can sit back and heal and get looting rights.

For example:

I was a dexxer hitting her + My friend on a mystic sat back out of Cora's range and healed me. When she died, SHE got an artifact, I actually got nothing.
That must of took ages without disco

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's sounding like this is a 'classic' everquest/wow raid mob, where you have tank and the healers stand out of range of the bosses range healing the tank.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That must of took ages without disco
My other account discoed her :p

Ranged can still hit her, but if you need mana, you HAVE to avoid the blue lightning on the ground.

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Missing Cora on Drachenfels on Trammel and Felucca. According to uoguide.com she is downstairs in the lake area. But...no. Is there anything you have to do to bring her in? Killing Spawn or else?

Edit: Right after i wrote this, i relogged and she appeared after like a minute. Strange. Was she hidden? Or does a kind of initialization occured?

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
.....really? I killed her with 2 people lol. I was a dexxer hitting her + My friend on a mystic sat back out of Cora's range and healed me.
My other account discoed her :p
Umm that's 3 chars not 2. I love it when people bend the truth and then follow it with an idiotic lol.

So I guess if I'm running 20 accounts and kill a Harrower I can tell everyone that I solo Harrowers and lol why are you to stupid to solo them to?

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey Driven, notice I said 2 PEOPLE, not characters. The healer was a separate PERSON than myself. And yes, I forgot I had my discoer there.

Whats the big deal? The discoer did nothing but sit in a corner and disco. You can easily make a mystic discoer (Friend was a mystic), hence you can kill her with two people.

Maybe if you spent time using your brain instead of complaining on a forum, it wouldn't be so hard for you.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Have we figured out whether she has a slayer vulnerability yet? What is her lowest resist?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am thinking about setting up a coordinated run in the morning on Atlantic on her. I'll be taking my 4x120 Bard, my wife will be on her sampire, which we'll probably take necro off of and add healing. With the bard songs, plus healing, so the tank doesn't require mana and the bard can heal maintain the songs.

Just thoughts....

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've killed it 4 times so far, only once dropped an artifact, gargoyle only Hephaestus, took about 40 mins to kill with 1 disco mage healing & 2 sampires.

I have not tried a "Mage Slayer" talisman but Repond doesn't work. so if the talisman doesn't do it it's probably safe to assume she has no slayer vulnerabilities.

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"[...] and somehow did a double slap that both did 60.
I tried to see if she was by chance a repond, I didn't get far either way, but when I took the trinket off, her staff only did about 20ish.[...]
Sounds like bonus damage received in the first two hits due to wearing the opposite slayer? I would try Undead (and Mage) next...

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"[...] and somehow did a double slap that both did 60.
I tried to see if she was by chance a repond, I didn't get far either way, but when I took the trinket off, her staff only did about 20ish.[...]
Sounds like bonus damage received in the first two hits due to wearing the opposite slayer? I would try Undead (and Mage) next...
I went down there looking for people and she aggrod on me, most damage she did in a hit was about 20-25, I may have stayed to try to finish her off out of curiosity but there was a orange stealther down there i was hunting and cora kept teleporting me to her and paralyzing...so i kinda had to get out of that floor.

Why yet ANOTHER monster that teleports you to them though....that's the most unbelievably annoying ability in the game...up there with auto-dispell. I would guess though from my short stay down there that a melee bush warrior would solo her very easily

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went down there looking for people and she aggrod on me, most damage she did in a hit was about 20-25, I may have stayed to try to finish her off out of curiosity but there was a orange stealther down there i was hunting and cora kept teleporting me to her and paralyzing...so i kinda had to get out of that floor.

Why yet ANOTHER monster that teleports you to them though....that's the most unbelievably annoying ability in the game...up there with auto-dispell. I would guess though from my short stay down there that a melee bush warrior would solo her very easily
Not the case, but its close.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I am thinking about setting up a coordinated run in the morning on Atlantic on her. I'll be taking my 4x120 Bard, my wife will be on her sampire, which we'll probably take necro off of and add healing. With the bard songs, plus healing, so the tank doesn't require mana and the bard can heal maintain the songs.

Just thoughts....
Pretty much my plan as well.

So far it sounds like Cora isn't soloable (is that a word?). So I'll just grab the wifey and get er done that way.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Pretty much my plan as well.

So far it sounds like Cora isn't soloable (is that a word?). So I'll just grab the wifey and get er done that way.
I believe to follow "propah" english it would have to be hyphinated.. solo-able. But, one of the foundations of english is that it doesn't have to make sense to get the points across :D

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I believe to follow "propah" english it would have to be hyphinated.. solo-able. But, one of the foundations of english is that it doesn't have to make sense to get the points across :D
its called the Queens English ya savage!
we of the colony's are much more civilized sort.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
pinkies up people!

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
not-soloable that i saw, but 2-peopleable if done smart. If not done smart, you need 3+(dexer/discoer/healers)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone gotten any "Real" artifacts from Cora yet? all the ones I get seem to be gargoyle only =[

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have to wonder why every time I go down to Cora in either Tram or Fel, no one is there. I've been down there for hours and not seen another person.

Seems rather odd since usually whenever a new boss with new artis is introduced it's very crowded.

Are the artis useless or is she just to damn hard .... or both?

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...So far it sounds like Cora isn't soloable (is that a word?)...
If it wasn't, then it IS now! Congratulations DI - you have my nomination for Excellent Word Invents of the Year award!

Just sayin......
;)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, she doesn't like tamers. The constant summoning is really annoying.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to wonder why every time I go down to Cora in either Tram or Fel, no one is there. I've been down there for hours and not seen another person.

Seems rather odd since usually whenever a new boss with new artis is introduced it's very crowded.

Are the artis useless or is she just to damn hard .... or both?
I think everyone is focused on the void pool right now.
Give it time.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, that didn't go well. Every time she did a breath attack it killed all 3 characters.

Tried having the bard as far out as possible so the bard songs could affect the people, but she died as well. Brought a pet, all she did was summon the tamer and kill him, with the breath weapon as well. The tank never could get going either.

All in all, a bad experience.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If there is more than one person hitting her, she does multiple fireballs (For example, youll get hit with 2 60 dmge fireballs instead). Btw when I say this, I mean more than one person in RANGE. If you are far enough back healing, only one fireball will go off

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
solid two man team, cora down in 7minutes ish.
You're just "assuming" we'll get it to 7 minutes from our 9+ if you fix your template/weapon. That's a lot of faith in yourself that you'll step up to match my dedicated awesomeness in the tag team!

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there is more than one person hitting her, she does multiple fireballs (For example, youll get hit with 2 60 dmge fireballs instead). Btw when I say this, I mean more than one person in RANGE. If you are far enough back healing, only one fireball will go off
her fireballs were only doing 20 to me, maybe it's something you're using causing it to amplify?

Illumina Zero

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay I've got some additional info. Her breath attack is like a dragon, the more HP the more damage. Also for everyone in range, you get another fireball (Which someone already said) My healer did not receive any looting rights. She has reactive paralyze on her staff and seems to block about 15-20% of my attacks. Her weakest resist is NOT physical damage. A weapon with mana drain is really nice on her because at some point she loses her spells and cant regen fast enough to cast anything too wicked. I'd say she took about 9 mins or so. With my parox swampie her fireballs did 52, but you can hear the breath coming and just use feint to cut that in half. She probibly has about 20k HP rough guess. No arty drop, but it looks like this boss is NOT made for a party, but more like a duo.

PS I asked her to marry me, she said no.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're just "assuming" we'll get it to 7 minutes from our 9+ if you fix your template/weapon. That's a lot of faith in yourself that you'll step up to match my dedicated awesomeness in the tag team!
oh it will happen, and it will be glorious!

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:rant2: 7 minuts,:confused: 9 minutes sorry but:sad3: WTF are you using I was there for almost 2 hours yesturday watching two different dexer hit her.

I did get looting rights by healing but DAMN?