• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Rare Pets

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
h e l l o everyone.
i've just had a spark of curiosity and was just interested in​
how many rare (no longer spawning or event) pets are in game & what they are.​
i created this thread to let the owners post a picture and maybe some information​
just to show others that these great creatures exist!​
examples: purple bunny, medusa hued pets, snow ridgeback, red mare, clan ribbon plague rat, etc.​

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The only one I can think of that you have not listed are the Ratman that have been tamed.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theirs 2 Ethereal Hiryu's and Reptalons, Dread Mares dont spawn anymore, the ratmen mentioned above both seen as Wyrms, Nightmares, and Dragons I believe. Theirs the Light Red Nightmare Shu has.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there is a dragon hued like a dark purple somewhere,not sure if it was tamed or a given out

Rare Collector

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there is a dragon hued like a dark purple somewhere,not sure if it was tamed or a given out
Thats an old bug where Medusa would freeze people's pets and they would stay that color permanently.

Also what about that white ridgeback thats been on Atlantic at Luna Bank lately.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
............:(
Your mean, you know that?!?!

LOL, i love this color on the dragons, maybe EM's should spawn these and make them part of some type of event? hehe

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
I remember seeing the purple dragon a while ago, I think it was handed out. I remember it had a name made from characters or something!

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember seeing the purple dragon a while ago, I think it was handed out. I remember it had a name made from characters or something!
I don't know if there is really a purple dragon or not, but those two there were definitly the dog changlings. I know because I also have a screenshot of one of them as a naked purple elf ;)

They were stealing the colour from my bunny :D

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
I don't know if there is really a purple dragon or not, but those two there were definitly the dog changlings. I know because I also have a screenshot of one of them as a naked purple elf ;)

They were stealing the colour from my bunny :D
it wasn't that kind of purple, it was like a dark bluish color if that even makes sense (indigo! there we go).

p.s. i admire your banner as always!

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
I also THINK I might have a rare pet. I haven't seen any other like it.​
I bought it at the Chesapeake Rares Fest.​
It is a normal horse but it is charcoal (same color as a dreadmare or bane dragon).​
It is not the same as a regular black horse (old faction horse).​
I've heard two possible origins about it:​
It's an old guard horse​
&​
It was spawned as compensation from an event where a monster ate everyone's pets.​
I don't know which is the right one.
http://i47.***********/kdlvm8.jpg​

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
Thats an old bug where Medusa would freeze people's pets and they would stay that color permanently.

Also what about that white ridgeback thats been on Atlantic at Luna Bank lately.
that's the snow ridgeback, it was auctioned in the Rares Collector thread not too long ago actually.
the owner passed up an offer of 3 billion for it.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from what I remember medusa dyed pets are a maroon color, not white... According to Slickjack the snow ridgeback came from catskills fairgrounds a few years back.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the reason I haven't been sitting in luna lately is cause i'm moving irl... I should have internet again by tonight after I finish moving at the old place. I'm actually just surfing the net here at work.

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
the reason I haven't been sitting in luna lately is cause i'm moving irl... I should have internet again by tonight after I finish moving at the old place. I'm actually just surfing the net here at work.
Are you Honor?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to buy it back Slickjack you can... Something has come up as far as my fundage and I need to sell the snow ridgeback and savage scout leader outfit. I would like to sell it all together though or atleast the suit before the ridgeback. Anyway, if interested my ICQ is 103 086 263. I really wish I could keep everything but there's something I need to take care. I mean if I can't get what I paid for the ridgebacka nd savage outfit then i'll just keep it all. Not looking to profit, just looking to get what I paid. I'm not at home atm so I can't check ICQ since i'm at work but i'll be home after 5:30pm eastern.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mind you, my knowledge might be a bit rusty, as I've had a few years hiatus.

There are some rare pets out there. The first one that comes to mind is the green SL faction horse (different hue than the ones available now - or more recently if they have changed it again). The red imps were quite common about 8 years ago if I recall correctly.
There are also some less than legal pets out there, like the infamous silver steed. They have always been ban/delete on sight. The last time I've seen one of those though, Trammel was still new.
Also aren't there a few pets with rare names out there? I think you still can't added spaces to a pet's name.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Great Thread!

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
Mind you, my knowledge might be a bit rusty, as I've had a few years hiatus.

There are some rare pets out there. The first one that comes to mind is the green SL faction horse (different hue than the ones available now - or more recently if they have changed it again). The red imps were quite common about 8 years ago if I recall correctly.
There are also some less than legal pets out there, like the infamous silver steed. They have always been ban/delete on sight. The last time I've seen one of those though, Trammel was still new.
Also aren't there a few pets with rare names out there? I think you still can't added spaces to a pet's name.
Using some form (I have forgotten which) of the Enhanced Client, you can still specially name pets with spaces/characters.