• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] In dire need of some help....

viergedarkmoon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello fellow rares collectors and UO players,
I had a very unfortunate thing happen to me yesterday. I was trying to move my museum and had a couple pack horses in Moonglow on the Atlantic shard. I logged out with the intention of logging back in later to unload them. Real life prevented me from being able to do so and I lost a large portion of my museum. I believe the pack horses went wild and dropped the items. If you were one of the people to find the items I would really love to get the items back. I am willing to pay if need be. I have been collecting these for nearly 8 years so it would mean a lot ot me. Please contact me Via ICQ 111881853.
P.S. This post by Mr Toki is some of what was lost. If you purchased items from this list please contact me as i would like to buy them back if possible. Selling A Few Rares! | Stratics Forums

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aye, i didnt loot anything but i know who did. Unfortunatly i didnt have enough gold or i would have bought every bit of it because he was selling for dirt cheap. Literally. What i could afford is what i bought, i bought a wig, and Paws Journal Healing book. I only paid 30mil for the both of them. If these are your item, i will gladly.. 100% return them to you free of charge. I knew when he told me he looted them from a packy, i knew they belonged to someone that was moving from the rares fest. If these are truely your items, lemme know. If i could have afford it, i would have bought the rest he had including:

Orcish Voodoo Doll
The Paws Bracelet
Server Birth Book
Mercinary Dagger
2 Chains (forgot name)
plus many more.

I am deeply sorry for your loss of items and i wish you the most of luck on getting them back, i know a couple of people who bought some items and i will talk to them, contact me if these are your items.

viergedarkmoon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes, all of those were some of the items I lost. All in all I lost aproximately 7.6 Billion worth of items. I doubt I will be able to recover most of them since I found out many of them have been sold already. I hope to recover as much as possible...

O

Ozzmandias

Damn, sorry for to hear that you lost your items.

I also feel a little guilty since I think I unwittingly assisted, I helped price check the items that Alexander quoted and I also had a vendor set up in the same house.

I know a few items sold to various people, but I think the Orcish voodoo doll and the stack/pile of ingots and a big chunk of other stuff went to one buyer at the end who cleared the vendor in a bulk deal. I think the other items posted by Toki weren't sold by the guy I was talking to. From memory:

Mercenary Dagger x
Myrra or something gold ingots
stack/pile of freshly smelted? val coloured ingots x
Orcish voodoo doll x
Paws Patient no *unreadable* x
Open book server
Blood soaked chains - Khaldun
Crude- corroded? manacles
Demonic Zombie bone helm
Dungeon master sash
Some kind of spy / investigator orc gloves x
Sack of coal x
drunken paddy night hat

Alex, PM me the guy you are thinking of, I can't for the life of me remember the name now but maybe we are thinking of the same person. The items with the x were the ones I think went to the bulk buyer.

Hope you manage to re-acquainted with your items.

Cheers

Oz

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sorry to hear of the loss also. I am feeling like an idiot now though. I had a battle with insomnia last night and logged on around 4am range. There was a person in Luna selling some of the rares listed for really cheap prices. I assumed they had been duped or that he was trying to run a scam. So I did not bother even offering at any of them. Had I known about this I would have done my best to save what I could have. I too wish you luck in regaining them all. Hopefully decent people like Alex will have made the purchases and you will have no problems in getting the bulk of them back.

viergedarkmoon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Alex for returning to me that which you had bought from him. If anyone else has any knowledge of who bought the items please pass my contact onto them so I can try to buy back what I can. Thank you all for your help!

viergedarkmoon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if this will help but here is a list of the items I lost. If you know where I could find them please let me know.

- Bloodied Tunic Of The Knights Of The Crux Ansata
- Bloody Halloween Mask
- Bloody Water SB
- Bones Gnawed By A Vampire Hell Hound
- Bronzed Anchor From Poseidon's Fury
- Brother Pemenards Rope of Binding
- Brown Bananas
- Christmas Clock
- Commander Cotumes Blood Soaked Bindings
- Daemonic Crisis Vanquisher
- Daemonic Zombie Skull
- Dragon Bone Earrings (White)
- Enchanted Flask Filled With Vampire Blood
- Flesh Stripped Pile of Bones
- High Explosive Gun Powder Keg Etched With Ver Lor Reg's City Stamp
- Human Blood
- Infectuous Dagger
- Ladder Made of Golden Woven Hair
- Marble Table 3pc SB (Located but asking too much)...
- 2 Story Talking Statue SB
- Minotaur Colony Hay
- Oars From A Pirate Lifeboat
- Olmecian Katana Of Infernos
- Orcish Voodoo Doll
- Serrated Iron Blade Stained With Fey Blood
- Standard Issue Mercenary Dagger
- Tooth From A Rabid Animal
- Wall Carving (Center) Khaldun SB
- Wall Carving Set (Lich Spawn Version)
- Year of The Tiger Moon Bag
- Zombie Splitter

viergedarkmoon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
*SOLD* I would like to sell my Castle on GL to recoup some gold to help buy my items back (pics below). It is located in the forest west of minoc. MOA auction house is not a far walk which is also the same location as the bucs den portal. Thank you all *SOLD*

Attachments

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear about your major loss of items, that must have been a sinking feeling in your gut when you logged in with no packies. Items can be replaced over time though, try and keep that in your mind. It may take awhile but I am sure you will make up for your loss one way or the other. I can sum Atlantic up in this well known saying. "You Will Never Find A More Wretched Hive Of Scum And Villainy ..."

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Sorry to hear about your loss. Unfortunately I don't know anything about who could have bought/picked anything up. :(

I'd help you out if I could, but I'm still beyond broke from the rares fest... lol

Ouch. That... kinda stung.
But... it's so true.. but out of bad comes good.. and there are a ton of good honest people on atl..

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And sorry for your loss... that really sucks... I hope the UO gods work their magic for you vierge

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Double ouch. From my experience, Atlantic actually has a great community. Don't judge the shard based on the actions of some. I don't consider myself scum nor a villain.

Sorry for your loss, Viergedarkmoon and I hope are able to buy back some of your items. Hopefully others will learn to never log out with packies with stuff in them. Seen too many people lose gold and items this way.

viergedarkmoon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you to the BANKS guild on GL! Sale of castle went smoothly, sad to see it go but hopefully it helps to get some items back.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know it's no where near what you lost, but I lost three packies with 124 checks of gold this morning on gl.. As soon as I got them all packed with checks I was about to transfer but drunk kid who just got out of prom managed to turn off three neighborhoods power hitting those electric poles took 13 hours for those guys to get it back going again, logged in packies gone :(

O

Ozzmandias

PM'd you about the Khaldun chains, a guildie showed me the stuff they bought from our Fest / ATL trip - And these were one of their items. When I found out what they paid for them I knew they must have come from this guy.

I will keep them safe for you, however long you need, they will not go anywhere.

Cheers

Oz

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Double ouch. From my experience, Atlantic actually has a great community. Don't judge the shard based on the actions of some. I don't consider myself scum nor a villain.

Sorry for your loss, Viergedarkmoon and I hope are able to buy back some of your items. Hopefully others will learn to never log out with packies with stuff in them. Seen too many people lose gold and items this way.
I am sure Mos Eisley had some good people too.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am sure Mos Eisley had some good people too.
Well i agree and disagree with you, there are mostly butt holes on atlantic, but then there are some of us who are good and like to help people... but sad to say... those bad people DID give Atlantic a bad rep and im sorry for that.

viergedarkmoon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Here are a few more items I have missing. If you have them please contact me.

- Blood Covered Map Fragments (Top/Bottom)
- 6 Various rare blood tiles
- Light against the abyss

Also, If anyone has gold on Atlantic they would be willing to trade for gold on Great Lakes this would help me out.

G

Galad911

I have some items from a guy who said he looted some packies problem is I don't know what I paid for what message me well try to trade some stuff back

G

Galad911

I bought items not listed as well so not sure where these came from but you might be interested

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have some crude corroded manacles ill donate to your loss, that is only item I own on your list. They are on PAcific though if thats ok

viergedarkmoon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have some crude corroded manacles ill donate to your loss, that is only item I own on your list. They are on PAcific though if thats ok
Thanks lineman, every little bit helps! You have a great collection btw, If I had the resources I would buy it as a lot =)

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks lineman, every little bit helps! You have a great collection btw, If I had the resources I would buy it as a lot =)
Icq me tonight if you can around 10pm est and ill get them to you on PAc 459-176-283

viergedarkmoon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just a heads up to everyone, there is someone posing as me running around trying to buy my items cheap. The best way to know its me is to use ICQ. I also wear a uniqely named robe called 'A Worn and Bloody Robe'. If the person is not wearing this robe from now on it is not me.