• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for ideas to design a Keep styled home!

Althalus -VKR-

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail all,

For ages now I've dreamt of designing a Keep for my felucca abode, but unfortunately I've had difficulty with ideas. In my mind I can picture an English style keep, though its hard putting that into design with the limited design styles suited to castles and keeps in game.

If anyone would like to to share some pictures of Keep designs, old or current, Id be greatly appreciative.

thank you
Althalus

Althalus -VKR-

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are a couple of designs I was playing around with today, both are not complete, just need a few additions. Like spiral stairs, more detailed flooring, etc.

I've included thumbnails of all the other levels, now I need to decide which design I like best, and to improve on.. edging towards the larger keep, as it looks to have more character.

Would still be great to see some other designs, if anyone is keen to show them.

cheers

4.jpg 8.jpg

Attachments

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, my house kind of looks like a keep i guess.. very simple design. Did a little with the tiles so it kinda looks worn or damaged. Then I brought back all of the rubble to Mag since I couldnt save it when it got invaded =).

Located N1 New Magincia Pacific/Tram if you wanna check it out in more detail.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, my house kind of looks like a keep i guess.. very simple design. Did a little with the tiles so it kinda looks worn or damaged. Then I brought back all of the rubble to Mag since I couldnt save it when it got invaded =).

Located N1 New Magincia Pacific/Tram if you wanna check it out in more detail.
Very creative.... Love the "jungle" look.
;)

R

Rusko

Nice Cannons on your Ships!! :pirate::gee:
(GM deleted them while trying to delete the floating cannons near my house [Tram N2] and then told me that they could'nt prove Dimitri or myself had cannons to begin with at all...)
He claims it to be my fault for paging the GM, considering he is blocking with 2 ships... lol I had to make room to squeeze my Brit ship in hehe...

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice Cannons on your Ships!! :pirate::gee:
(GM deleted them while trying to delete the floating cannons near my house [Tram N2] and then told me that they could'nt prove Dimitri or myself had cannons to begin with at all...)
He claims it to be my fault for paging the GM, considering he is blocking with 2 ships... lol I had to make room to squeeze my Brit ship in hehe...
^^^^^ ???? ^^^^

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also have been screwing around with the lighting.. still hoping for sandstone foundations.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My old brit gate house is a simple and classic type of "keep" build , it's been modified since this shot (I gave it to a guildmate) so unfortunately I don't have complete screenshots of it, that hut to the side had a straw roof and the keep opened into it via secret passage to where the peasants lived. Worked fairly well for not having a lot of room to build in.