• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How's Napa doing, and UO in general?

V

Valerin

I closed my account 2 or so years ago but do like to check in and see how things are going in the UO world. Any major changes in the past few years? Is the game (and shard) still dying? I recall it getting pretty bad when I left; castles were being sold left and right, houses were falling to the point where placing a keep was quite easy. Is it still getting worse?

I wouldnt mind coming back to the game someday, but it'd have to be a promising return; not the way the game was when I left last. Hopefully UO can make a comeback or at the very least, sustain itself...

Hope everyone is doing well,

-Valerin, Rosh, Figueroa, Katarn, etc.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I closed my account 2 or so years ago but do like to check in and see how things are going in the UO world. Any major changes in the past few years? Is the game (and shard) still dying? I recall it getting pretty bad when I left; castles were being sold left and right, houses were falling to the point where placing a keep was quite easy. Is it still getting worse?

I wouldnt mind coming back to the game someday, but it'd have to be a promising return; not the way the game was when I left last. Hopefully UO can make a comeback or at the very least, sustain itself...

Hope everyone is doing well,

-Valerin, Rosh, Figueroa, Katarn, etc.
It is next to being over.

V

Valerin

That's sad, is luna bank a ghost town now? I remember that once the chat channels were added, people stopped hanging out at lunar... is the game dying off completely or just naps?

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's sad, is luna bank a ghost town now? I remember that once the chat channels were added, people stopped hanging out at lunar... is the game dying off completely or just naps?
I'm not sure about the other shards, I'm still a napa hood. That said the latest faction change made faction PvP not worth the effort and that was the one solid glue stick holding that scene up.

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with Napa and UO in general is there's no reason for old times like myself to come back. Not that I'd be welcome or anything :blushing:
The old RPers are gone as are their towns last time I looked. Big Blue is sleeping deep beneath the earth, maybe one day he'll emerge again. You never know...

V

Valerin

Considering introducing a friend to the game.. but not sure if it'd make sense to have them start on Napa or somewhere more active like Atlantic (my chars are still located on Napa if I do decide to start back up myself). Is Napa worth coming back to or should I just have them start up on Atlantic or somewhere else?

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It depends on what your doing. If you are looking for PVP then no napa is not were you want to start. PvM it is a good shard to play in my opinion.

As Picus pointed out the designers sure know how to screw up the game.