• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So let's say there's a fisherwoman whose been gone awhile...

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Upon account reactivation after nearly 5 years, I discovered I have a fisherwoman. She an elf with 91 fishing skill, 85 catargraphy, 75 magery, 77 music, 88 peacemaking, 55 discordance, 92 lock picking, 83 meditation and a few points in miscellany skills. She's capped at 720.

And let's say this fisherwoman wants to get a boat to head out to sea. Let's say this fisherwoman doesn't want her earthly counterpart to dish out $12 for one of those pretty new ships.

My purpose for going on this adventure would be:

Catch some pretty fish for the empty aquarium.
Make some gold selling stuff I fish up.
Explore the new fishing stuff (since 2006).
Get one of those pretty ships!

Now for the questions:
Is it possible to actually attain 10 mil points to get a free ship? If so, how?
What skills might I need to add/subtract so I don't get killed every time I hit the seas? (I don't even remember what the music, peacemaking and discordance actually did)
Do I have to get the High Seas expansion now or can I wait until I get the points to get it?
Any other pointers I should know about before I go buy myself a little ship and head out of port?
Is the captain's bundle I see on the website the High Seas PLUS the pretty ship?

Sincerely,
Rienna Telemnar, Sister to Rhiannon of Atlantic

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do I have to get the High Seas expansion now or can I wait until I get the points to get it?
Well, I believe that you must have the High Seas Booster in order to get any Fishing Quests... I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here...

:)

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just upgraded to High Seas and was able to get quests. I also caved and dished out the cash for the Britannian boot. It was just too cool to wait for.
:(

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just upgraded to High Seas and was able to get quests. I also caved and dished out the cash for the Britannian boot. It was just too cool to wait for.
:(
I agree... Those boats are awesome and worth the $$...
What shard are you fishing on?

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree... Those boats are awesome and worth the $$...
What shard are you fishing on?

Atlantic. Such a majestic ship. I love it. I think next paycheck, I might add the captain's bundle and spiff her up a little.

Had a pretty good day of fishing today. Picked up two embudding items worth a good bit of gold!

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Atlantic. Such a majestic ship. I love it. I think next paycheck, I might add the captain's bundle and spiff her up a little.

Had a pretty good day of fishing today. Picked up two embudding items worth a good bit of gold!
Personally I am an Orc Ship person.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can see the lure of the Orc Ships. They look super nice. But as I was sailing by one yesterday, I noticed how SMALL they look compared to my big ol' magestic one.
:cool:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can see the lure of the Orc Ships. They look super nice. But as I was sailing by one yesterday, I noticed how SMALL they look compared to my big ol' magestic one.
:cool:
Yes indeed... ;)