• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tiller man not taking instructions?

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got myself a spiffy new Britannian ship and my tiller woman won't take direction. She simply does not respond to anything I say. I appreciate her telling me stories that are hilarious and nice to hear while all alone at sea, but it she isn't listening to commands. The uoguide says to just saying whatever where she can hear it and she'll do it. So I say Slow forward, forward, stop, drop anchor - doesn't matter. She doesn't do it.

So is there a change that's not mentioned anywhere?

T

Tazar

There are several different ways to control a ship now.

1.) Tiller Verbal Commands (old system)
2.) Macros
3.) Direct Mouse Control (Just like you are walking)

If you double click the ship's wheel, this toggles you in and out of the direct mouse control system. While in mouse-control, the tillerman does not accept verbal commands. I am guessing that you may have accidentally activated the direct mouse control.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are several different ways to control a ship now.

1.) Tiller Verbal Commands (old system)
2.) Macros
3.) Direct Mouse Control (Just like you are walking)

If you double click the ship's wheel, this toggles you in and out of the direct mouse control system. While in mouse-control, the tillerman does not accept verbal commands. I am guessing that you may have accidentally activated the direct mouse control.
I knew about the new ship controls (I love the mouse control to get where I wanna go fast). I think the problem was I wasn't close enough to the tiller woman. I stood right behind her and tried the commands and she replied with "yes sir". Why in the WORLD didn't they change that to be "yes captain". There ARE women captains you know! *grrrrrr* *tries to lop off the tiller woman's head*

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...she replied with "yes sir". Why in the WORLD didn't they change that to be "yes captain". There ARE women captains you know! *grrrrrr* *tries to lop off the tiller woman's head*
I agree, Rhiannon.... I'd be miff'd too and they should make that simple change!

:mad: