• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Piece of a Mysterious Control Panel (10) on origin... AMAZING item

The Shamrock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm looking to sell this item that I got as a drop on origin the other night. If you prefer to be kept anonymous please either pm me or icq me with your offer; thank you. Located on origin right now but I will try to catch a ride off within the next few days. item is black with speckles and makes a smoke cloud when you double click it (speckled colors are: light green and redish/pink color with white along the border) icq = 626 994 256.. i'll leave this up until the weekend and sell by saturday or sunday depending on my schedule.

CURRENT OFFER: 430m via icq

edit: added better screenshot

http://i44.***********/2n9cnn.jpg

http://i44.***********/ejvnty.jpg

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
you seriously got offered 285 mil for that? o_O Didn't think it would be worth that much...guess I'll hang on to mine :) Though I did kid around with our EM that it totally didn't match the decor of my castle :) It's interesting to see the prices on these items...can you or someone explain to me why it's worth that much? *still a newbie when it comes to *rares** (sorry for semi-derailing your thread but it's always good to be educated!)

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well i would think the void color would have something to do with pricing, also the amount given out and if the item itself was used as other event items. Sorry if that didnt make sence, im kind of on the tired side lol. Hope this helped, maybe someone on here can explain it better than I.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The psychology behind what someone is willing to pay is very interesting. There is no one formula for judging prices except to take multiple possible reasons into consideration:

1. Quality/Quantity

2. The "must have" buyers. These are usually very wealthy players that don't want to play the auction or the waiting game and buys what they like as soon as it comes up for sale by offering over what it's worth. There are a dozen or so players who basically obtain 60-80% of all the rares each week. While some of them are strictly in it for the sale aspect and some of them collect and sell so you will almost always see new items for sale as soon as the event ends for that shard each week. It is because of that reason, these sellers basically dictates the initial pricing because the "must-have" crowds will continue to over pay for the item. I myself falls into the overpay category from time to time :D (I know, its an addiction).

3. Shard pride. Larger shards with more collectors will compete more for items coming from their own shards which will in itself drive up the price. However, the larger the shard the drop quantity goes up as well. Study the event item list I created and you'll begin to see a pattern.

4. Timing, as I stated earlier, the "initial-hype" of the item usually is the result of the "must-have" crowd bidding. Prices usualy dips a bit then finds a steady level and is kept at that.

5. Overall inflation, as price of gold keeps dropping, naturally price of items keep rising. But don't let this fool you because this is a tactic practiced commonly by sellers to jack up the price while the natural inflation of the UO economy is not as fast as you may think.

So what is the true worth of this item? I always tell people whatever the highest that someone is willing to pay at any given time.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah Manti you have a sickness when it comes to rares ;) But I always value your input.

Thank you for the explanation!

And Alex I was thinking it was the color and animation that made it worth more but I wasn't sure, you both are awesome, thank you! :)

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speckled items always sell for allot more, throw the void in and that adds to value as well, plus it has a second rarity where when dbl clicked it does the smoke puff. One last thing, it is a new graphic that has not been used in a rare before to my knowledge. Those 4 things add up to a high end rare.

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool name? Check
Cool color? Check
Cool Graphic? Check
Animation effect when clicked? Extreme bonus check.

People need to stop trying to put items within a price range. An item is worth what someone will pay for it. The above factors add to the desirability of the item. Great item btw :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sorry if I seem a bit uneducated Cyanide, the price offered surprised me because when I first looked at the item in my packpack when I got it I thought..*Oh god that's ugly...and BIG..where am I going to put that?* I guess I'm not all that interested in black sparkly things that don't fit into the decor of my home. I have since decided to dedicate a small room in my castle to my newly acquired EM Event items...including a green slime-covered bouy that I fished out of the Vesper canal. I'm so about esthetics I suppose that I don't look at the rare's persons view of a particular item, which is why I asked the question that I did.

I know I will never part with mine because it's value to me isn't monitary.

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if I seem a bit uneducated Cyanide, the price offered surprised me because when I first looked at the item in my packpack when I got it I thought..*Oh god that's ugly...and BIG..where am I going to put that?* I guess I'm not all that interested in black sparkly things that don't fit into the decor of my home. I have since decided to dedicate a small room in my castle to my newly acquired EM Event items...including a green slime-covered bouy that I fished out of the Vesper canal. I'm so about esthetics I suppose that I don't look at the rare's persons view of a particular item, which is why I asked the question that I did.

I know I will never part with mine because it's value to me isn't monitary.

No worries at all and it wasn't an attack directed at you in any way :) Its just normally you will get a group of people who chime in on posts with the *No way that's worth that.* or *Thats way over priced*. I always believed an item is worth what someone will pay for it and figured i'd bring up that point again :) Once again my apologizes, was not trying to attack you :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah that's why I asked I was like 285mil?????!!??!?! LOL I wouldn't say it was overpriced at all, it IS an interesting item....and very few dropped I guess so it's rare..and very sparkly!

Each time I browse the rares forum I learn more and more, I've always wanted to get into the rares business but I'm still so clueless so every little bit of information helps.

Everyone here is pretty cool :)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
75 mil bid

I like visible bids and most people on this forum bid in the thread. So lets see the real bids here

The Shamrock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
this isn't an auction, i'm accepting offers within a timeframe that i deem suitable (a week in this case). and offer denied as i have an offer of 430m.... some people prefer anonymity when dealing with high quantities and that's totally reasonable in my opinion.