• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New guy...

C

CoopDizzle

So i am back after about a 10 year absence, and only played for a short time then, so i am "truly" new. i am very interested in RP and wondered what was out there as far as RP guilds or just folks that do a fair amount of in game RP and would be willing to deal with my many forthcoming noob mistakes

C

CoopDizzle

Yes i am doing well, everyone so far is so helpful and friendly. Much has changed, most notably the two facets (trammel, feluuca) which is a great help. getting killed everytime i moongated or walked out of town was what I left for the first time, so its nice to be able to get some training in before being subjected to murderers:) I was surprised to see as many folks as there are still playing, and the level of involvement in the evolution of the game. I am looking very forward to meeting everyone and continuing my adventures in Sosaria

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interestingly, I had 4 dear friends who left Britannia in early 1998 for that very reason, CoopDizzle. Adult players who could only play nights and weekends, worked their butts off only to be PKed constantly, stuff stolen from bank boxes, our guild house keys stolen and house emptied out - twice. It was just too frustrating for them to continue. It just wasn't what they expected from a game called "Ultima".

I know a lot of people were annoyed when they split into Tram and Fel, but I was extremely grateful for it. It gave both types of citizens the option to exist the way they wanted to. I prefer to limit my danger to receiving regular dirtnaps from the creatures who walk the land.

N

Nitewalkr

Yes i am doing well, everyone so far is so helpful and friendly. Much has changed, most notably the two facets (trammel, feluuca) which is a great help. getting killed everytime i moongated or walked out of town was what I left for the first time, so its nice to be able to get some training in before being subjected to murderers:) I was surprised to see as many folks as there are still playing, and the level of involvement in the evolution of the game. I am looking very forward to meeting everyone and continuing my adventures in Sosaria
Very good to hear. I would love to meet up in game sometime.

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just returned as well, its a whole new world in some ways. We should meet up, did you get yourself a house yet?

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the 2 days I have been back I have bought a house and just been hanging out there trying to get all my ducks in a row.

N

Nitewalkr

Ahhh very nice. Do you use ICQ? If so feel free to add me and we can figure something out.

C

CoopDizzle

alas no, i havent drummed up nearly enough $ for a house yet, have spent most of my time in Despise fighting ettins and trolls

C

CoopDizzle

Interestingly, I had 4 dear friends who left Britannia in early 1998 for that very reason, CoopDizzle. Adult players who could only play nights and weekends, worked their butts off only to be PKed constantly, stuff stolen from bank boxes, our guild house keys stolen and house emptied out - twice. It was just too frustrating for them to continue. It just wasn't what they expected from a game called "Ultima".

I know a lot of people were annoyed when they split into Tram and Fel, but I was extremely grateful for it. It gave both types of citizens the option to exist the way they wanted to. I prefer to limit my danger to receiving regular dirtnaps from the creatures who walk the land.
Agreed, i think having more options is better in almost any situation

Hell's Ironworks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im closing one of my accounts, i have a small plot on ice island you can have if you want. Its not huge, 9x9 i think , but its sea side right by the mountain pass. Pm me before the 29th if you interested. Thats the last day i can trade, ill just demolish the house and leave an open space if i dont hear from you. S!

rock909

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump, I am returning myself from a very long hiatus. Any guilds or people offer some advice? Let me know your ICQ and we can link up.