• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Placing a house teleporter under a castle sign possible?

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to place a house-teleporter (reward item) under a castle house-sign so it is accessible from outside?
All i managed so far is to let it float like 2 tiles above....I saw bod books lying on the ground underneath the sign but can't replicate it....tried everything boxes ladders goza's to no avail they all float at the same position....Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you try the house deco tool, to lower the item to the ground? Since it it part of the house i doubt it will load the item without you actually stepping on the stairs first.

*edit* Just tested it. Can't lower the teleporter tile any further. Humm ...

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you try the house deco tool, to lower the item to the ground? Since it it part of the house i doubt it will load the item without you actually stepping on the stairs first.

*edit* Just tested it. Can't lower the teleporter tile any further. Humm ...
I don't have a teleporter tile to try it with, but can the Trash Barrel trick work. What happens if you place a Trash Barrell there and then target it to place the tile?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have a teleporter tile to try it with, but can the Trash Barrel trick work. What happens if you place a Trash Barrell there and then target it to place the tile?
Don't think you can place a trash barrel there as you would need to stand there, then you would be outside your house. You may be able to put the tile in a crate, place the crate and then chop it to see if the tile falls on the ground and you are then able to lock it down. I don't have a tile to test with either. If it is two high can't you 'stand' on it anyways?

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) I tested it with all that.....thing is it always lands z +5 which equals to the height of the 1st floor....i.e. the top step of your house stairs...I can place things underneath but you can't lock them down because that part is NOT part of your house...
Additionally for house-teleporters to work they need z+1 of your present location, meaning placing a teleporter on a carpet render's it unfunctional because carpet counts as z+1, which would make the teleporter z+2 thus you get the nice sound and graphic but wont teleport you anywhere

Looked at your decoration post MissEcho concerning house-signs and noted that your "flower-pot" stands at exact the same position as my teleporter lands, which is z+5 :(

The only possible solution IMO is to size or re-size the entire castle,thus forcing the locked items to fall to the ground (or z+0), but I wont risk that for a teleporter :) If anybody else has figured out a way to circumvent please let me know....
As for now I placed the teleporter on the stairs and covered it with some flowers.....looks ok and does it's job but prevents me of placing other things there....like medusa statues and such....

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) I tested it with all that.....thing is it always lands z +5 which equals to the height of the 1st floor....i.e. the top step of your house stairs...I can place things underneath but you can't lock them down because that part is NOT part of your house...
Additionally for house-teleporters to work they need z+1 of your present location, meaning placing a teleporter on a carpet render's it unfunctional because carpet counts as z+1, which would make the teleporter z+2 thus you get the nice sound and graphic but wont teleport you anywhere

Looked at your decoration post MissEcho concerning house-signs and noted that your "flower-pot" stands at exact the same position as my teleporter lands, which is z+5 :(

The only possible solution IMO is to size or re-size the entire castle,thus forcing the locked items to fall to the ground (or z+0), but I wont risk that for a teleporter :) If anybody else has figured out a way to circumvent please let me know....
As for now I placed the teleporter on the stairs and covered it with some flowers.....looks ok and does it's job but prevents me of placing other things there....like medusa statues and such....
This is a fascinating thread.... I bet if we could somehow export it to UOHall a ton more peeps would see it and we'd get an answer...

Just sayin....
;)