• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Treasure Map and SOS Loot: worth reviewing?

Z

Zolt

First, let me start off by saying I have recently returned to UO after being gone for about six years.

As a casual player, I find it very difficult to determine what is great loot. The shame style loot is going to help me a lot.

My question is this, with imbuing, reforging and more dungeons heading to the new shame style loot, is it even worth my time trying to comprehend what I should and should not unravel?

As somebody that does about 40-50 hunts/SOSs per week, I am finding it more of chore to sort through all the stuff versus unraveling it all.

I should also say, I am a minimalist. I do not enjoy storing a bunch of items in my house, where there is a good chance I will never touch it again.

If nothing else, maybe a few suggestions on properties on loot that I should look out for that would be worth keeping.

Thanks, any insight would be helpful.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While the loot has already been revisted on both in the last 2-3 years, it could be better.

For Imbuing and reforging, there are a few things to look for.

1. SOS: Some of the special chest loot is worth having, especially the kelp leggings. You can probably make better with reforging, but it will take a while.
2. SOS: The Ancient Wedding dress cloth still is popular, perhaps more so now that it can be used for reforged items (as long as you don't check the properties that make it brittle or cannot be repaired, as one or both of them make any cloth revert to default cloth color)
3. Both: Check the rings and bracelets - those are the items that are most likely to be useful for imbuing, to save relic fragments and special ingredients, and currently you can't reforge jewelry and other "tinker" skill items.
4. Both: DEFINITELY check any weapon that shows color. Items that have elemental damage but NO OTHER PROPERTIES can be reforged - then, after reforging, you can enhance to improve the elemental damage outlay, if there's physical remaining.
5. Both: The gems of course will be useful for imbuing. So will the the T-map chest special ingredients.
6. TMAP: some of the items from the level 6 bags are unravelable to relics. A few more (especially the candelabra of souls) are still highly desired deco.
7. TMAP: The SOTs(fel)/SOA(elsewhere), Forged Pardons, and Mana Phasing orbs are still highly desired, as are some of the Imbuing ingredients, recipes and level 6-7 maps from high-end chests.

8. Both: After going through everything on-site for several of them, and you accumulate a mass of junk you can barely carry, take the stuff that you don't want and unravel it with "unravel container" with your 0-imbuing fisher and/or T-hunter.
The way the skill works, at 0 you won't be able to unravel relic-level items (and most EE-level items - what ones will unravel will give residue) at all, so you'll get a bunch of residue, and some items to take a closer look at. That makes storage to unravel for EE & relics take up a lot less space.

D

Destiny<3

You can also trash a lot of the things for reward points, like the skulls etc "recovered from shipwreck" are all 100 points!

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I take the gold and the arti-leggings (which are very useful on siege) out and then use the small soul forge/ bin to get rid of the rest for either ingredients or cleanup points.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I've found this post useful, it really helped an old vet / but now casual gamer (I mean like 2 hours a month gamer). I've been hauling stuff away to collect points instead of just collecting it or unraveling it.

So I have a million points. Now what?

N

nightwolf

While the loot has already been revisted on both in the last 2-3 years, it could be better.

For Imbuing and reforging, there are a few things to look for.

1. SOS: Some of the special chest loot is worth having, especially the kelp leggings. You can probably make better with reforging, but it will take a while.
2. SOS: The Ancient Wedding dress cloth still is popular, perhaps more so now that it can be used for reforged items (as long as you don't check the properties that make it brittle or cannot be repaired, as one or both of them make any cloth revert to default cloth color)
3. Both: Check the rings and bracelets - those are the items that are most likely to be useful for imbuing, to save relic fragments and special ingredients, and currently you can't reforge jewelry and other "tinker" skill items.
4. Both: DEFINITELY check any weapon that shows color. Items that have elemental damage but NO OTHER PROPERTIES can be reforged - then, after reforging, you can enhance to improve the elemental damage outlay, if there's physical remaining.
5. Both: The gems of course will be useful for imbuing. So will the the T-map chest special ingredients.
6. TMAP: some of the items from the level 6 bags are unravelable to relics. A few more (especially the candelabra of souls) are still highly desired deco.
7. TMAP: The SOTs(fel)/SOA(elsewhere), Forged Pardons, and Mana Phasing orbs are still highly desired, as are some of the Imbuing ingredients, recipes and level 6-7 maps from high-end chests.

8. Both: After going through everything on-site for several of them, and you accumulate a mass of junk you can barely carry, take the stuff that you don't want and unravel it with "unravel container" with your 0-imbuing fisher and/or T-hunter.
The way the skill works, at 0 you won't be able to unravel relic-level items (and most EE-level items - what ones will unravel will give residue) at all, so you'll get a bunch of residue, and some items to take a closer look at. That makes storage to unravel for EE & relics take up a lot less space.
Whats an unravel container and where can I get one?

Thanks, nightwolf

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats an unravel container and where can I get one?

Thanks, nightwolf
Hi nightwolf.... "Unraveling" is done by an Imbuer who is standing by a SoulForge. ANY container (bag,pouch, etc.) may be used to "unravel" the items inside the container. "Unraveling" is an option on the Imbuing menu.

;)

N

nightwolf

Hi nightwolf.... "Unraveling" is done by an Imbuer who is standing by a SoulForge. ANY container (bag,pouch, etc.) may be used to "unravel" the items inside the container. "Unraveling" is an option on the Imbuing menu.

;)
Thanks Startle. now i just have to figure out how imbueing works :)