• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imaginative use of vendors and barkeeps?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure many people use them more imaginatively than I, but I guess I'll start the ball rolling and we can share some ideas? The idea to make this thread came from a thread on UHall on Art.
Here's a re-creation of an artist and model I set up some time ago

On the floor below I have Miriam the gypsy

Because she's actually a barkeep you can get a 'reading' from her. Cross her palm with a few gp (well drop them on her head) and she will thank you and ask you to choose would you like a reading from the ball or cards. Tell her 'ball' or 'cards' to hear your fortune.
You'll find her in the Angry Mongbat Tavern on Europa if you'd like to try it.
UO Stratics *New* | UO’s Oldest Houses – D & E

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish I'd saved the coord's, but I didn't. This is on Pac shard and I thought it was one of the most ingenius ways to use a mannequin. I really wish somebody would tell me how they did this:

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, love the artist and model posing. That wins my vote. Guess you could do variations with a customer and a seamstress, or sculptor and model, etc etc. Maybe an executioner/guardsman and prisoners.

Personally I've only ever set Vendors up in unimaginative ways. Namely as guards at the doors, or put a monk robe on one of them and set them up in my library.

In the past I would name the vendors for a few past members of my guild and have them sitting around the old guild house. I'll probably do something like that again with mannequins - definitely cheaper and better looking than the statue makers.

O

olduofan

I wish I'd saved the coord's, but I didn't. This is on Pac shard and I thought it was one of the most ingenius ways to use a mannequin. I really wish somebody would tell me how they did this:

Thats my friends house and there are few people on pac with this (my house is Anther and one in luna) All you need is a ladder you most tbe the owner and it takes some time to place him forward out to steeps but is easy to place on post with a ladder and goza with a stool...

Steelhead

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the house in luna.......sw inside corner......

My maniquinn is actually a day dreamer with bubbles showing the dream which is a floating island...

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the house in luna.......sw inside corner......

My maniquinn is actually a day dreamer with bubbles showing the dream which is a floating island...
Sounds cool... Image pls?

Steelhead

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks...I tried to make it a bit different than the normal boxed house full of vendors.