• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any Boat Builders Out There?

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm reposting as the original got lost in the revert. If you responded I didn't see it soooooo......

I'm trying to figure out how to build a boat using the customizing tool and ingame items. I want it to look like a partially built boat. I don't have any rubble so that's not an option.

Anyone have any experience with this or have any ideas?

Also I want the overall size to be about 10 tiles long by 5 tiles wide.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

AW

C

Conrad

Logs can be laid end to end to create a keel and you can then lay Barrel Staves (fished up from MIBs as pre-chest loot) along each side for the spars. Boards can then be arranged around a crate placed where the bow of the ship is supposed to be, giving the appearance of the "hold" already being in place (and functional!). You might even experiment with using one of the long tables as the "floor" of the ship, and doing everything already mentioned around the table (then raised up) to give the appearance that the ship is up on "blocks" during construction.

One thing I noticed when doing something similar--items that stack and have a "double" image when the stack contains more then one item do NOT appear different in the EC like they do in the CC. Stackable items appear the same as ONE item, and thus if you include two items in a stack to take advantage of the different graphics, it will look different in the EC.:sad4:

Test your results in both clients.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Logs can be laid end to end to create a keel and you can then lay Barrel Staves (fished up from MIBs as pre-chest loot) along each side for the spars. Boards can then be arranged around a crate placed where the bow of the ship is supposed to be, giving the appearance of the "hold" already being in place (and functional!). You might even experiment with using one of the long tables as the "floor" of the ship, and doing everything already mentioned around the table (then raised up) to give the appearance that the ship is up on "blocks" during construction.

One thing I noticed when doing something similar--items that stack and have a "double" image when the stack contains more then one item do NOT appear different in the EC like they do in the CC. Stackable items appear the same as ONE item, and thus if you include two items in a stack to take advantage of the different graphics, it will look different in the EC.:sad4:

Test your results in both clients.
*hugs*
Thank you!!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Let me know when you're done and ill come sink it :lol: