• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cartography

Z

Zomeguy

How do you gain from 99.5 please?

Uoguide says the following: "99.5 - 100 - Level 3 and 4 Treasure Maps (best to GGS each point)."
Does that mean decoding? Done that with a dozen maps and no gain...

Than there is the option to create wall maps, but you need a completed L5 map, which you can only decode with cartography skill at 100.

So how can you GM that skill?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You SHOULD be able to, once every 30 hours or so, decode a level 3 or 4 T-map and get a skill gain automatically.

The making the wall map option is for people that accidentally lowered their skill (or had a soulstone mishap).

Another option for you would be to run into the Twisted Weald with a cart pen and a pile of blank scrolls or black maps, and use the Satyr disco method (get discoed by the Satyr without getting provoed on, run out the exit or invis, then run back in and onto the screen with that specific satyr to maintain the disco, and craft maps at the lower skill level).

Z

Zomeguy

You SHOULD be able to, once every 30 hours or so, decode a level 3 or 4 T-map and get a skill gain automatically.
I just decoded 10 L3 and 5 L4 maps and I did not gain :(. And I have not trained a skill in a week...

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I just decoded 10 L3 and 5 L4 maps and I did not gain :(. And I have not trained a skill in a week...
I am sure that you already checked but make sure that you have points to be able to gain with. Make sure that if you are at Max points, that you have a skill turned down and check to make sure that you didn't somehow turn your arrow down or lock it for Cartography. Everyone has done this at some time or another.

Z

Zomeguy

I am not at max skill and my arrow is not turned down. Actually I got the skill from another character using a soulstone, so I had to switch the arrow.

I will try the Satyr method this evening...

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting a skill by a soulstone usually should reset the ggs timer. Otherwise you could shift a skill around among your chars and get up to 7 ggs gains. And remember that the timer starts to count after a successfull use of that skill after a gain.

C

Cyric_SP

From what I remember it takes ALOT of scrolls to decode to get the gains.

The easiest way to get those last .5 points is to us a pink scroll. No decoding needed, just eat it and there ya go. Just make sure it has .5 or more gains on the scroll or you'll be looking for more then one.

Z

Zomeguy

After 3 hours and about 15 deaths I GMed cartography today using the Satyr method in Twisted Weald. Thanks all.

R

Ritournel

I was thinking about the satyr trick too, but how do you get rid of the maps you make in Twisted Herald ? I usually selll them, it's quicker than dropping one by one. So I don't see how it could work here in a fast way.

Z

Zomeguy

They will drop automatically to the ground if your bag is full during crafting.

Also take some cure poison potions with you as I got simultaneously poisoned and peaced a couple of times and so was not able to cast a cure and died.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I remember it takes ALOT of scrolls to decode to get the gains.

The easiest way to get those last .5 points is to us a pink scroll. No decoding needed, just eat it and there ya go. Just make sure it has .5 or more gains on the scroll or you'll be looking for more then one.
I have a .8 scroll waiting for me when i hit 99.2