• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for a functional Castle layout

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not looking for deco but a nice functional layout. My needs are pretty simple. Soul forge, anvil, forge, woodworker bench, and storage. I'd like these things close together. I'd need enough chests in the same general area to max out storage. I'm sure some will winder why I want a castle if I'm going to cram everything in one room. I like castles and the storage is nice as well. My last castle I had things spread out just to use the space and I found I was constantly running all over for whatever reason. Thanks for the help.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May I take just a moment to laugh so hard I can't breathe and then fall out of the chair at the idea of an “functional” way of using a castle? lol :lol:

I mean... no offence, they always look the same... no matter what. I have never seen a single one that impressed me with using the space so well.

So, basically, you are forced to use the small rooms for your work areas, no real ability to have privacy AND keep the place public to show off your rares. The little rooms you have to block off and end up using a house to house teleporter to get in and out of... so the public can't. And that soul forge? What a joke... 3x3... you are out of luck. You have to either use a roof and ladder... or the big rooms.

Best advice is to just have fun with it and do your own thing.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear ya about the castles, I don't really "entertain" so access is not an issue. If anyone has any single room layouts they like I'd love to see a screenshot.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you simply want it to be functional, i.e. have a good work/crafting area then choose a corner and stack up 3 or 4 rows of chests.

I craft everything from here. You can reach everything except the gold strongbox and the large crate from the spot marked with the red x.

That's pretty much been my setup in my house for years. Everywhere else in the house is deco.

BTW, my soulforge is on the floor above. It's a little trickier in a castle but you could easily use one of the corners for such a room.

It really may not help a lot, just trying to give you an idea of what can be done in a small area. The castle really is a very poorly designed house and is in desperate need of a more modern update.

C

Conrad99

Here is what I have. Very basic and simple in 1 corner. It's my main crafting area.

Then the rest of the castle is open for more storage or deco.

Attachments

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhh I didn't know you could have the soul forge above you, that will help for sure. With reforging I guess you want the soul forge out of reach when you are doing regular crafting right?

C

Conrad99

Yes it works with it above you and since it is such a big clumsy piece, it fills that spot with some rugs around it. Leaves room for storage. Helps moving in a tight area.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhh I didn't know you could have the soul forge above you, that will help for sure. With reforging I guess you want the soul forge out of reach when you are doing regular crafting right?
I don't like the way they implemented runic reforging and combining runics. I've not got around to moving stuff yet. PITA.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice, I didn't know I could stack chests on the soul forge. I finally settled on a layout that works for me. When I get home tonight I'll post a screenie.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice, I didn't know I could stack chests on the soul forge. I finally settled on a layout that works for me. When I get home tonight I'll post a screenie.
Actually you can't stack chests on soulforges. I figured out accidently how to do it. I placed the soulforge over a brown bag that was on the floor.
secure the bags raise them place the soulforge put three metal chests in bag unlock the bag ax it secure metal chests raise it as high as it will go. same with 2nd one and 3rd one. Heres my other soulforge.

Attachments

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Corners and roofs for castle layout

I turned each corner area in to different locals

Bottom right is a alchemy / scribe corner with a library along the east wall

bottom left is a tailoring area with displays of robe and suit sets on the west wall

and so on and so forth of course I have bastardized it a bit with the use of Gozas and such. If you an ATL id be happy to show you my honmes, ALOT of clutter but still functional areas

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: Corners and roofs for castle layout

Give me a castle any day, they are the BEST buildings and can be as functional as you like with some well though out planning. This is an early pic of my central ground floor castle space (found it when I was looking for older pics for another thread :thumbup:.

To the left of the central walk to the staircase 4 cupboards (500 storage), the hearth (functions as a cooker and forge), in the corner under the plant is an anvil, next to that another 8 chests (1000 storage), pretty much all crafting supplies in them, from inscription, to fletching, carpentry, gems, mining stuff, box for recycling, looms and spinning wheels in deed form so could just put up when needed and put away when not in use etc, all within easy reach. The tall basket next to the chests (125 storage) the tables held all dye tubs for when working, the small baskets on the table tops (x 4) added another 500 bits of storage. The purple flat box on the tray eventually was topped by another 4 flat boxes for additional storage. Followed by the sacrificial alter that acts as a permanent bin. This frees up your normal trashcan for other uses. So in the main 'work area' a total of 2625 possible storage. Although you could add more flat boxes to greatly increase this again if you wanted.

As you first walk in the door, 5 flat baskets act as a 'catch all ' after hunting so you can just dump loot boxes in them and go again until you find the time to sort your loot.

The right hand side had a spellweaving circle for my main char, and each of my chars were allocated one Chest and one Gold Box each to hold their individual character needs. So eg my Archers gold box had consumable such as arrows, bolts, quivers, aids and jewelry suitable to class, and the bottom chest held various bows and xbows, slayer bows etc. Similar for my Palladin, Mage, Fisher, Tamer etc.

We then had our personal rune library of all the major places my chars went.

This was taken before soul forges/imbuing came in, however all I did was rearranged the dye tubs a bit and moved a table and realigned the alter to fit it in behind. Sorry didn't get a pic of it. When I did end up doing a revamp I think, from memory, I mirror reversed the areas so the work room was on the right and the character store was on the left, think it gave a bit more room for the soul forge, but was pretty much similar in operation.

I could LIVE out of this room, so the rest of the castle was purely for social and deco. I did have a major armor storage in one corner wing, as I used to make suits up for new players so had a range of chests sorted into lrc hats, gloves etc etc but this was basically a 'dressing' room for when suit building and needing to really shuffle armor around to get best fit. It worked really well.

Anyone can deco an 18 x 18. Making a castle functional and beautiful is what I find to be the best challenge as it all comes down to deco skill, you can't just whack out a wall to make things work.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey MissEcho - excellent layout, thx for sharing it. I have a couple of questions incorporated into the pic below:

:thumbup1:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes it does extend to the second floor, but the second floor shown here (scroll down a bit):

http://community.stratics.com/index.php?threads/placing-off-porch.261420/

shows that various cupboards can hide anything that sticks through. In the case above it was plain cabinets? can't remember the name off hand, but footlockers and lots of other things will disguise any protrusion.

As for the pedestals, from memory I used gold chaos shields at the bottom, 2 timber thrones (different directions), another chaos shield, another 2 timber thrones, a metal shield, a plate then the flower with vase. All the shields/plate were made with gold ingots.