• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We've come a long way...

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't know how I came across this, but seems Stratics still has the very old home decorating designs that predated custom plots (I think this predated the decorating tool for that matter!)

This is a picture of a house I was very proud of (hey we didn't have much to work with back then!)

UO Stratics - Famous Houses of Britannia - The Spider's Dream

I did a little searching and found a couple of Razz's old designs as well. Anyone else on this board have a house on this list of "famous houses" from the past?

Attachments

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love looking at these old designs! In the Legends list is Jove's Playhouse and on the roof are homemade trees using bowls of potatoes for base... we didn't have dirt back then :)

Every year Jove would decorate for Halloween and Christmas (for some years now that house has been customizable) and it was always our first stop when the seasons rolled around. Very recently that house changed to a castle, but it is still called Jove's Playhouse :)

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**EDIT** after I posted the original post (below) I checked out the link you posted and looked through all the houses. I had no idea my houses were on the Famous Houses website! When you said you did a search on Razz I thought you were talking about stratics forums, heh. Funny they are the exact same pics too =) **EDIT*

After reading this I hit the hardrives to see if I could find some of my pre custom houses from long ago. It took about an hour and I almost gave up but I finally came across an old backup drive way back in the back of my closet.

I even found a pic of my first place I ever had in the game. I'm not counting the tent or small house because I didnt deco those. =)

This is all pre deco tool. I cant count the amount of bandages that decayed in the name of decoing back then.

My Small Tower. No real deco going on here.

Small sandstone. This is when I got bit by the deco bug. holy cow the amount of lockdowns the fishtank used to take up...

Villa. aaah dried flowers and fishnets. Man those were my favorite goto deco items.

Large Patio. I had been trying forever to get some of the potted plants and finally traded for some. Before this it was all about dyed wool, torches and dye tubs to make my potted plants. This is also when I started an idea of the dried flower hangers.

Large Tower: I cant tell you how many hours I spent getting those freakin dried flower to hang properly. But man I loved the roof when I was done.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, in a way I kind of miss the old days. Using the few items we had and trying to make them look like something else. When you had to work with the house you had, and couldn't get fancy with walls and stairs, etc. I'm kind of overwhelmed with all the stuff you can do these days, and no sooner do you finish then they come up with new deco items and new walls to make you go back and do it again. Guess that's what it's all about though.

A

Alyssa of ATL

I haven't actively played in quite some time, but I still keep accounts open.

Here's my "Rustic Log Cabin", on Atlantic.

UO Stratics - Famous Houses of Britannia - Aly's Rustic Log Cabin

I remember how excited I was to place it (after the reverts and tele-storming) when Trammel housing opened. Wow, so many memories!

I still have the Frenzied Ostard I'm riding in the pic, too... that guy traveled across 5 shards with me.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking back at RAZZ's pictures was a great nostalgic trip down memory lane to the pre custom housing days. I used to love my two storey villa. What a great looking house. And I'd forgotten how much fun my large tower was to decorate. Great to see those pics RAZZ ... thanks for posting. :ten:

Im off now to start building on the 18x18 plot i just got on my own private island in Tokuno:)

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember how excited I was to place it (after the reverts and tele-storming) when Trammel housing opened. Wow, so many memories!
Uggh, now you're bringing back bad memories. On the first try for house placing when Trammel opened, I placed a castle. I owned it for approximately 10 minutes, then the server crashed, and later they announced the revert. Next time around after all the telestorming the best I could do was a log cabin. *sighs*

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Small sandstone. This is when I got bit by the deco bug. holy cow the amount of lockdowns the fishtank used to take up...

Hey Razz,

I have to admit that I haven't run around looking at housing "customizations" for many years, but now having said that I want to say that your Fish Tank above is the best that I can remember seeing....
:)

I've always been quite fond of Fish Tanks here in Sosaria, and guess that's because I love them in RL.... Lived in Key Largo for a number of years, snorkling the reefs back in the '70's and had a couple of really nice salt-water tanks.... Living coral, lobsters, etc.

Anyway, I'm getting off the subject a bit... hey, it's late here in the Pac NW - give me some slack...

Would love for you guys to post your best Fish Tank pics here for us to marvel at... If you're reading this and don't know how to post pics, give me a PM and I'll be happy to step you thru it... Not hard at all...

Ok... cheers and goodnight all you latenight UO'rs...
rolleyes: