• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can I stack these?

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you please look at the pic and tell me if this type of chest (Finished Wooden Chest) can "stack"? I'd like to be able to stack them 2 high to save some floor space.

If they can be stacked, could someone tell me how to do it pls?

Thx

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember that trick I told you about with the pouches and axes?

Put both in... chop the pouch... secure and raise one, then secure the other.

If the item wont go up... lock and raise the pouch, unlock, axe.

Works great with the elf ones that look much better too... and the old school crates. Just about anything, really.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just keep in mind there is a height restriction in this game which you probably won't be able to get around with a static house design like the castle. So objects as tall as those won't perfectly stack. The top of the graphic on the bottom chest will probably be obscured or vice versa with the axe and pouch method but you will be able to access them both for storage, but this could make for an interesting look in and of itself. As well a bit of the graphic will probably seep through into the second floor - but with a bit of creativity you can often find a way to hide these ugly graphical glitches with a plant pot or something. With custom plots you can pull a trick of putting one object on one floor of your house, then the same object on the floor below. Then go into custom mode, remove the floor tile separating the two floors. Then use the decorating tool to lower one on top of the other.

Hey speaking of height restrictions. I was wondering. With things like goza mats can you actually make a two storey house into a third storey house? Or are you still stuck with the max height of 16 tiles above the tallest storey? So get Goza mats 16 high, then use a ladder to walk around on your "3rd floor castle". I'm too lazy to go to test centre and try it out.

T

Tazar

3, 4, 5, 6, etc. It is all possible. A word of caution though. If the additional goza floors cause difficulties for another player, then they can be removed. If it blocks the vendors and/or house sign of the house behind you, or if you are in a high-lag area like Luna and the additional floors are creating additional lag, then a GM can remove it.

If you would like to see some examples, feel free to PM me and I can show you some on Atlantic.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember that trick I told you about with the pouches and axes?

Put both in... chop the pouch... secure and raise one, then secure the other.

If the item wont go up... lock and raise the pouch, unlock, axe.

Works great with the elf ones that look much better too... and the old school crates. Just about anything, really.
Hi EPW... After reading ^^^ I looked at the Ornate Elven Chests (I assume that they're the ones you're referring to above) and they can't be "put into pouches"... What "elf ones" are you talking about?

:eek:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like using the cube looking ones... forget the name off the top of my head, but they look good and stack good.... plus you can dye them so they have a nice range of colors. Like 1 shade up from the next. Gives a nice effect. I'm not a big fan of the Asian decor stuff and find it too clunkly to work with. 2 spaces wide for one item? Why? hehe

Hi EPW... After reading ^^^ I looked at the Ornate Elven Chests (I assume that they're the ones you're referring to above) and they can't be "put into pouches"... What "elf ones" are you talking about?

:eek: