• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Customized House Question

E

el_sistema

In customizing my plot I noticed afterwards a few discrepancies I want to fix. I've already decor'd the place with lock downs and deed items.

If I want to fix the discrepancies, will I need to replace the deed items like forge, anvil, rugs etc. and the lock downs? Or will they remain in position after I commit the fixed changes?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That’s part of the fun of custom house design. :)

Yes, some things will go back into deed form, some items will also go into the moving crate... depending. It helps to test your design the best you can before decorating it, however some things are just unavoidable... like if your design uses ladders. Placing and replacing the ladders over and over again just becomes part of the game.

Best advice when you have your house decorated... use the “Print screen” button, at the top of the keyboard (above the arrow keys), then go to your paintbrush, and paste. This way you can save your work as a picture to up correct any issues that pop up in a small remodel.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In customizing my plot I noticed afterwards a few discrepancies I want to fix. I've already decor'd the place with lock downs and deed items.

If I want to fix the discrepancies, will I need to replace the deed items like forge, anvil, rugs etc. and the lock downs? Or will they remain in position after I commit the fixed changes?
If you're just moving some walls or changing floor tiles, etc you're generally okay, and everything will stay as it is. There are some exceptions. For example in one of my houses I carefully placed flowers, locked them down, raised them up, customized the house to put some low wall segments for making a flower window box, then committed that design, and lowered the flowers into position. Now if I go into customize mode, those flowers will end up in the moving crate cause the walls now interfere with the flowers (basically two things can't exist in the same spot). So if you're taking walls away or moving them to a spot where a deco item is currently sitting, then it could bump it into your moving crate. In the case of my flower example, I have to remember to raise the flowers up before I customize. This is also a great little trick for floating items like placing a banner deed on the outside of your 3rd story house.

As well many of the elven deeded container items have to be removed before it will even let you into customize mode.