• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Runic Re-Forging

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im sure you can get DCi reforged onto a woodland piece but enhancing with heartwood wont give DCI. Heartwood gives a chance at 5 hci. i think if you can reforge with slaughter that might give hci then it might stack, im gonna work on testin it out now.

update- made woodland arms, reforged with oak runic saw and chose Powerful Reforging with Grand Artifice and Inspired artifice. Chose Slaughter and was able to reforge the arms with 5 hci. made a few of these so far reforged with just 5 hci added. Ive enhanced a few with heartwood and a few only got the resists added, but i just did one and the enhanced HCI was stacked with the reforged HCI. So yes as it stands there is the possibility of 10 hci woodland armors now

Attachments

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
now that IS interesting So I am going to assume DI also can be done this way?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I always mess up dci and hci with the woodland armor. But wow Xalan thanks for that info. Those arms are nice! It looks like I'll be redoing some suits. :danceb:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Latest re-forging changes.
120 smith/tailor/imbue at queen forge.
Made 20 leather gloves.
Spined kit
Powerful+Grand+Inspired+of Fortune
4 runic charges each try

result:
1x 120 luck
4x 110 luck
15x 100 luck

Bad luck?

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Latest re-forging changes.
120 smith/tailor/imbue at queen forge.
Made 20 leather gloves.
Spined kit
Powerful+Grand+Inspired+of Fortune
4 runic charges each try

result:
1x 120 luck
4x 110 luck
15x 100 luck

Bad luck?
Use a Horned Kit WITHOUT Powerful Reforging

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a side note, I'm pretty happy with the results from the runic sewing kits, they are well balanced and all useful if you know what you are doing, but I'm having a lot of issues with the runic hammers: From DC to Valorite, I haven't found any good combination so far. I think the capital/number of properties ratio is too low, and the weapon packages are not convenient at all: to be of any use most weapons require either properties from 3 different packages, or properties which aren't in any packages, so basically you don't really benefit from Artifices and with so many useless mods it's nearly impossible to get the right combination purely randomly.

S

scifibob67

Just tested out reforging on TC. Noticed if you use a runic (either reforge or just regular crafting) you only get 25% Damage Increase at 100 Armslore instead of 40%. When I crafted Exceptional Leather cap using a runic I got 26 resist total instead of 35 resist total with 100 Armslore.

Also when I used a Spined kit to reforge with only Grand Artifice selected on a bunch of Leather caps I got several with Vampiric Prefix and NO extra mods at all. 2 charges spent for a title I assume this is a bug.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tested out reforging on TC. Noticed if you use a runic (either reforge or just regular crafting) you only get 25% Damage Increase at 100 Armslore instead of 40%. When I crafted Exceptional Leather cap using a runic I got 26 resist total instead of 35 resist total with 100 Armslore.
I haven't this problem. Remember you don't get the bonus only from armslore but also from the craftskill. I bet you were not using 120 smithing/tailoring/whatever.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll repeat what I said in the other thread because this one is more appropriate:

I spent A LOT of time on TC1 and the runic sewing kits are perfectly fine. You can get what you want if you know what you are doing. For instance you get the 150 luck items with a horned runic WITHOUT Powerful reforging (otherwise the Fortune package is not available). The balance is close to perfect and all 3 runic sewing kits are useful.

Now, the weapons with the runic hammers is another story. The balance is very bad and I haven't succeeeded getting anything of any use with ANY of the hammers. Several issues there: first the capital/#properties ratio is too low, meaning it's close to impossible to use any low or middle end hammer to get some mods at higher than normal intensity and imbue the rest (this is true even for armor). If you start from the bottom with a DC runic and you go up progressively (DC without Powerful, then DC with Powerful, then Shadow without Powerful, etc) you will see that as soon as you reach normal intensities the next step adds more properties instead of getting higher-than-normal intensities.

Then if you use a high end hammer there is no way you can get a useful combination of mods through artifice because some mods are pretty unavoidables: the Slaughter package isn't available over agapite, the SSI is lost in a huge Haste package while it is a mod that is required in at least half the weapons. Same goes for HML which needed in most the PvM weapons, and Spell Chan in most the mage weapons. The only way is to get the right mods with a high end hammer is to craft completely randomly (using no Artifices), but there are so many useless properties (resists on weapons, etc...) that it is next to impossible: I have burned well over 800 charges of Valorite runics (that's over 50 hammers) without getting any usable weapon.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I spent A LOT of time on TC1 and the runic sewing kits are perfectly fine.
1. Does Re-forging change item resists?
If i crafted an item with 7/7/7/7/7 resists will it have the same resists after re-ferging?

2. How much hci or dci can I put to an armor?
What is the best way to get an armor item with 5 hci and without other mods?

3. Can I re-forge tinker-made items?
(ring, garg neckplace, hatchet, etc)

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree for BRSK and HRSK. But spined kit?
Spined kit allows to add a single non imbuable mod or intensity (Casting Focus, MR3, HPR3, LRC25, etc...) as a starting base for a piece to further imbue.

I have also find a use so far for ONE runic hammer, and ONE runic saw, I prefer to let you guess which ones for now :) but that's about it...

The weapons in general have huge packages issues which make them impractical to reforge. And I'm not only talking about SSI beeing buried in the middle of other mods, but also about SpellChan or HLD which are way too random to obtain, etc. Unlike armors, the major issue with weapons has always been the extremely high intensity of the mods which makes them very hard to balance, so adding so much randomness without really pushing the overall cap hard is not helping at all.

Also ML Magical Craftables (not arties) should be reforgeable and their special property not accounted for (much like the except resists/DI or the mage armor from the Samurai platemails), otherwise they are completely pointless.

Overall, I am for sure going to work only on armors when reforging comes live on prod shards.

Oh, and btw I confirm there is a slight bug: from time to time (but very rarely), reforging just doesn't do anything (the item is clearly flagged as reforged, as you can't reforge it another time, but no properties of any kind are added at all). No big deal though.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Does Re-forging change item resists?
If i crafted an item with 7/7/7/7/7 resists will it have the same resists after re-ferging?
Yes, you keep the free resists from except crafting, although if a reforged property falls on a resist (when you use the Defense package for example), then the weight of the free original resist is accounted in the final weight, so watch out what you are doing when planning to further imbue.

2. How much hci or dci can I put to an armor?
5 HCI and 5 DCI from reforging. You can also stack heartwood HCI if you use a runic saw on woodland, but that's going to be pretty costly to get right (and overall not necessarily better than Bloodwood enhancement)

What is the best way to get an armor item with 5 hci and without other mods?
Using low-end runics.

3. Can I re-forge tinker-made items?
(ring, garg neckplace, hatchet, etc)
No. But that's a good thing since that leaves same interest to looted items.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not seen 25 LRC even using BRSK. Any specific options combo to get this?
Using BRSK with Powerful Reforging ON + Wizardry package : I had no problem getting LRC25 as one of the properties but it is not very common because not only is it one step over normal, but also the Wizardry package contains many other mods.

Using SPRK with Powerful Reforging ON, Artifices OFF : Got LRC25 + SR1, but only once. I assume it is not common, but possible. I think one way to test (but my patience has limits) would be to use the Wizardry package and reforge 1000 times, see how many times you get LRC25. Then try the Defense package and see if you can obtain even rarely a resist+20. Intensitywise that should give us an idea of the absolute max of the SPRK.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
which makes me think of something I noticed: It think (but a confirmation would be needed) that all runic reforging has a final rare roll for an additional property which has a lower-than-normal intensity but no impact on the other properties. For example a DC runic normally has 1 property at 100 intensity, but can rarely have another property with less than 100 intensity, without affecting the first, or a barbed runic normaly has 5 properties (or less if many high intensities) but can also have a "free" 6th property with under-normal intensity.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I consider that I'm done with testing now. So here are my final conclusions:

1) Low-midrange runics are useful to get non-imbuable mods/intensities and further imbue, and highest level runics are useful to get artifact-level items.

2) High-midrange runic hammers are not useful, because getting multiple high intensities mods will always be too random, and not desirable anyway since the overall weight limits further imbuing. I don't think anything can be done about this, as unlike the sewing kits there are just too many levels of hammers to have a use for each of them if they just follow a curve.

3) There are still some issues:
- The property packages are not well suited for weapons, so while getting a single non-imbuable mod/intensity will be useful, Valorite Hammer reforging is not going to play well. That leaves very little use for most (but not all) hammers.
- The runic saws, fletching and stonecrating tools are way too hard to get to be of any use considering the number of charges reforging takes. Regarding stonecrafting anyway I think something should be done to give an incentive (like giving better material properties from enhancing, like woodland), but this is another story.
- There is a confirmed small bug where reforging (rarely) doesn't do anything. I think (but I'm not sure) that it happens only when you leave the reforging menu open for too long without doing anything, or something along those lines.

None of those issues are a reason to not push the publish to all shards though, they can be dealt with later as they are not game-breaking.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
after a few tests...

Smithy:
Absence of splintering weapon when reforging weapons, so as for PVMs and petits fillous like PJ dont you worry, Shame will survive as Luck will have more influence on the power of items created by the New Loot Generator. Verite/Valorite hammers becoming less usefull, exept for shields. You might look for a battle loss, reactive para, mana drain, or fatigue in mid range runic hammers, which i havent tested yet

Tailoring:
2- HRSK are much better than BRSK, they have double charges, choose an option and wait for plain 150luck, or 10stamina with hpr4, or 10lmc 4mr at least u have a free mod for imbuing. i wouldnt spend any 6 charges in order to get 4ep, SI, or 2 casting focus with 4/5/3/2/2 resists on an un-imbuable armor peice (since the system is very random) or use spined runic kits and try to get ur damage eater/fire eater/etc on each part, POF, Imbue, then enhance.

3- Carpentry:
Heartwood Dovetail Saw will be the best thing u might ever get, out of 20 wooden shields, i was able to produce 3 or 4 super elite shields,
Ex: 20 soulcharge 4hpr, 2mi, 7si, damage eater 15, reactive paralyse, sc-1
So according to the wooden shields already collected from shame... it was a waist of time

Havent tested the wooden armor reforging yet

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CONFIRMED BUG

Just reforged item (crafted leather gloves) on TC1 with zero effect. No mods added or changed, no reforged tag, but can't be reforged anymore.

Two items from 10 total.

BRSK. Re-forge options was:
powerful
grand
inspired
exalted
sublime
fortified/of defence
arcane/of wizardry

No delay more than 2 secs, re-forged 10 items in a row.

EDIT: switched to EC to click "submit a bug" and all bugged gloves got their mods. So its bug with updating item properties.