• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disappearing "Rubble" map

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I'm trying to "dress-up" my new Keep (that I'm not that excited about, but that's another story)...

I place my "Rubble" map on the wall and watch it "disappear" as soon as I turn Transparancy OFF...

What the heck???

:wall:

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
U have placed the painting on the other side of the wall next to the soul forge it happens sometimes when u place things with transparancy on

have transparancy off when u place it then it should not go true wall like that u might not be able to get it back from thats side
If so re deed the soul forge and pick it up form the other side

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeppers! The item is on the other side of the wall.

These 2 spaced wall decorations can do that to you. You’ll have to use the old leather pouch and an axe to place it properly. It happens all the time. Nothing to panic about. If you can't retrieve it... you may have to ask a GM for help. I would try standing inside, unlocking it, and trying to pick it up yourself first.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeppers! The item is on the other side of the wall.

These 2 spaced wall decorations can do that to you. You’ll have to use the old leather pouch and an axe to place it properly. It happens all the time. Nothing to panic about. If you can't retrieve it... you may have to ask a GM for help. I would try standing inside, unlocking it, and trying to pick it up yourself first.
On the other side of the wall... now just how silly is that....

So what's the "old leather pouch and axe" trick?
:eek:

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the other side of the wall... now just how silly is that....

Never done it with a leather pouch, but I'm guessing they're referring to a method of placement where you put the object you want to place in a box or pouch, drop it on the floor tile , then whack the container with an axe. The item pops out, you can then use the decorator tool to raise or lower as needed. Don't forget to lock it down :)

This works for placing items in any difficult to place spot. I used it to place items under arches. I just didn't know you could axe a pouch, so I always used boxes.

Now for the old timers, who remembers the old death robe trick/newbie gold coin trick? Ahh those were the fun days ;P

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very simple... they are sold on any NPC provisioner. Get a few of those an an axe or hatchet. This can also be done with a wooden box or crate, but whatever works best for you. Put the item in the pouch... drop the pouch where you wish the item... hit the pouch with the axe. Item pops up where you want it, or near to it... and you have to try again.

Clever decorating really has to use a lot of try and try again... plus a few odd tricks now and then. Nothing that cheats or breaks any rules, it's a matter of just figuring it out.

We used to be able to do this with packies... but a staff change of the rules "fixed" that. The first fix was a good fix... so only friended or better people to the house could do the drop, but then included the friends and owners, breaking a very cool little decorating trick.

C

Conrad99

Great trick.

I never knew. It work for something I was trying to do.

Love these boards for learning new things.