• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Sometimes things don't quite go to plan

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, surveying my treasure hunt collection I decided I better dig a few and get the numbers down.

first map - I open the chest and find there's another map in it.

second map - I open the chest and find there's another map in it.

third map - I kill the guardians and find one of them has, you guessed it, a treasure map

I open the chest and find......... yup, there's another map in it.

So after 3 chests I now have one more map than I started with.

Doh!

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happens to me too. If you're like me, someone who carefully scans each piece of loot, t-hunting becomes quite time consuming. I often end up with an even ammount of, or sometimes more, t-maps than when I started out at the beginning of one evening of t-hunting

I wish the devs would create a t-map book, similar to the Scrolls of Alacrity book they gave us for christmas this year. Atleast I'd be visually rid of the never ever diminishing stack of maps...

Also, whenever I am NOT t-hunting and go out for a bit of PvM fun, wherever that might be, I find I often am taking home new t-maps, so all in all those stacks just keep growing...

There are times when I open up t-chests and hope no new maps are inside...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to do that, but not these days. With the grid view in EC I can see what's in the chest. I go for maps, mibs, other special stuff and only take the magic items if I want to unravel them for magic residue or essence - there's a Magincia stall that buys those on Europa. If I don't want them I just do 'remove chest' and leave the stuff in it :(. Probably wrong, but it does let me get through them quite quickly - except when there's another map in the chest.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I should try the EC. There are times I wish I could do what you're describing, but the classic client chest is just a mess of items thrown together...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldn't get on with the client at first, but then I found it was a mis-match between the game's fps and my monitor refresh rate that caused the headaches, and funnily enough, a mismatch between footsteps sound and visual movement that caused the nausea. I've matched up the fps and turned off footsteps and not looked back.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used to do that, but not these days. With the grid view in EC I can see what's in the chest. I go for maps, mibs, other special stuff and only take the magic items if I want to unravel them for magic residue or essence - there's a Magincia stall that buys those on Europa. If I don't want them I just do 'remove chest' and leave the stuff in it :(. Probably wrong, but it does let me get through them quite quickly - except when there's another map in the chest.
Holy crap that is the best tip I have gotten in years :-O I use the EC but always hated the grid view but after reading that the chest is like that also :-O :-O LOL holy easy looting of a chest Batgirl, thanks :)

C

Cyric_SP

I seem to have that exact same issue. One chest I did spawned 7 guardians and 3 of them had maps on them and then the chest had one too .... UGH

Another thing I have noticed and it may just be coincidence, but if the chest doesn't have a map in it, it has an MiB in it. I have a nice collection of MiBs going now, guess I better get my fisher back up and running since I still have like 100 SOS I stock piled before I left back in 2007.

Between t-hunting and trying to work my imbuing up on my crafter I haven't had any time for pvm or pvp yet. Now with the great house fall last night I now have a nice 18x18 on the road outside of Zento on LS and more loot then I know what to do with. Just thinking of going through it all gives me a headache :confused:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to have that exact same issue. One chest I did spawned 7 guardians and 3 of them had maps on them and then the chest had one too .... UGH

I really think it is about time that also Treasure Maps get their "container book" to save up storage space and lockdowns......

We got it for Bulk Order Deeds, for seeds and now even for Scrolls of Transcendency (which already could be binded, by the way, and nonetheless time/resources were found to design, code and test SoT books....) and I do not see why we could not also get it for Treasure Maps so that we can more conveniently store them until we have time to dig them up.........

Z

Zannette

I really think it is about time that also Treasure Maps get their "container book" to save up storage space and lockdowns......

We got it for Bulk Order Deeds, for seeds and now even for Scrolls of Transcendency (which already could be binded, by the way, and nonetheless time/resources were found to design, code and test SoT books....) and I do not see why we could not also get it for Treasure Maps so that we can more conveniently store them until we have time to dig them up.........
Hi guys,
I suggested T-Map books last year but Basara pointed out a good point. Since they changed map coding to random location it would be hard to code a T-map book as every time you take them map out of the book it would reset the map. This could potentially be used as an exploit to constantly reset maps until they are all in the same area which would in my opinion take a trill out of going around treasure hunting.

I would still like to see the books that could store un decoded maps but I don't see it happening any time soon; Maybe for 17th anniversary. :wall:

Z

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys,
I suggested T-Map books last year but Basara pointed out a good point. Since they changed map coding to random location it would be hard to code a T-map book as every time you take them map out of the book it would reset the map. This could potentially be used as an exploit to constantly reset maps until they are all in the same area which would in my opinion take a trill out of going around treasure hunting.

I would still like to see the books that could store un decoded maps but I don't see it happening any time soon; Maybe for 17th anniversary. :wall:

Z

Well, there is an easy solution to that.......

Make the Treasure Maps Book "but" allow it to only take "Tattered", undecoded Maps......

This would solve the problem mentioned of the random locations.....

Decoded Maps would not be storable in a Treasure Maps Book......

Problem solved and storage helped out.........

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well, there is an easy solution to that.......

Make the Treasure Maps Book "but" allow it to only take "Tattered", undecoded Maps......

This would solve the problem mentioned of the random locations.....

Decoded Maps would not be storable in a Treasure Maps Book......

Problem solved and storage helped out.........
I likes!! :thumbup:

Belshazzar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love a thunter book to store them in, came back to game about month ago friend was nice gave me 20 variety maps, needless to say between fishing and doing tmaps only my collection has grown to over 180 maps in a short time. Best i had was pulled 4 level 5 maps and one level 6 out of one level 5. Between the chest and monster spawn.