• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Woodland Armor Enhancement

Z

Zannette

Hello Everyone,
I am making woodland armor for my Samy and i have a question about Enhancing benefits of Heartwood Vs. Bloodwood.

I know what the benefits are but my question is how effective is having Hit Point Regeneration as 40 points extra for Fire resistance would be really nice.

Thank you
Z

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello Everyone,
I am making woodland armor for my Samy and i have a question about Enhancing benefits of Heartwood Vs. Bloodwood.

I know what the benefits are but my question is how effective is having Hit Point Regeneration as 40 points extra for Fire resistance would be really nice.

Thank you
Z
heartwood i think gives hci 5, for one of the options this for a sampire is very desired!!!!!!!!

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It depends on what you are going to imbue on armor.

If you use Heartwood you have some chance to get hci/di.
If you use Bloodwood you have room for an additional mode.

Z

Zannette

I am planing on Imbuing and than Enhancing so each piece could potentially have 6 mods.

I am aware of HCI & DI possibility but my question is on how effective 1 health point extra per second is. Enhancing with Bloodwood all 5 pieces would give an extra 40 Fire resistance making a suit construction much easier as I could make the suite Corpse Skin proof even in the Vamp form which requires 110 Fire resistance if I'm not mistaken.

My concern is that I will burn through lots of imbuing ingredients and Forged Metal Of Artifacts to get HCI & DI on all pieces as the chances are random.

Thank you,
Z

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am planing on Imbuing and than Enhancing so each piece could potentially have 6 mods.

I am aware of HCI & DI possibility but my question is on how effective 1 health point extra per second is. Enhancing with Bloodwood all 5 pieces would give an extra 40 Fire resistance making a suit construction much easier as I could make the suite Corpse Skin proof even in the Vamp form which requires 110 Fire resistance if I'm not mistaken.

My concern is that I will burn through lots of imbuing ingredients and Forged Metal Of Artifacts to get HCI & DI on all pieces as the chances are random.

Thank you,
Z
You shouldn't worry about HPR until after other priority properties on your suit are achieved. I think you should add up all your suit properties and then prioritize them. If the HPR is at the bottom of the list then don't add it first. Personally, I wouldn't use bloodwood for the HPR on a sampire, but I do use bloodwood for the fire resist.

Some suits with woodland need different wood types to get the resists to work out right. This is something you would need to decide. Depending on how crappy the resists of the artifact pieces sometimes you will need to use one frostwood, one bloodwood, and one heartwood to get the resists to work out. Making a sampire suit many of us did burn through lots of ingredients and delt with the randomness. We are lucky now there are forged metal tools since some of us didn't have those when making our suits.

Vampiric embrace gives 20% of the damage you delt as life so if you hit for 80 to 400 points then your life leached back is 16 to 80 health back every 1.25 seconds. Comparing your estimate of 1 HP/second then 1/16 or 1/80 are pretty small numbers to matter a great deal where (HP from HPR)/(HP from Leach) is the ratio of effect. Meaning the leach is a much greater contributor to health than HPR.

-Lorax

p.s. did you mean tailor or Taylor?

Z

Zannette

p.s. did you mean tailor or Taylor?
Thank you for your answer Lorax. i will look at enhancing for maximum resistance and see what wood types i need. I will not worry about HPR as vamp form has that covered.

I did mean Taylor as in last name Smith and Taylor :)

TY
Z

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
LOL - My Tailor's name is

Andy

with the guild title "Sheriff of Mayberry"

and pack animals Floyd (beetle), Barney, and Opie....