• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Well that was fun/frustrating. How did you make out?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I can't complain too much - after all it was free :)

Highlights:
Pair of blood tiles
Full book case (yeah I know these can be bought/crafted but I like them)
a fur (from one of the last IDOCs I went to, was a crappy 7x7 in Felucca but well worth the trip it turned out).

Odd finds:
Over 200 filled commodity deeds for arrows and bolts (that works out to over 200 000 arrow and bolts)
A chest filled to capacity with rewards from the museum turn-ins along with a few stormgrips, etc.

Disappointments:
Didn't get to place a keep cause it just wouldn't stick. Went back 15 minutes later to try again and someone else had succeeded.
Couldn't get a dread spider statue and large web cause it was up too high to reach.

Still have to finish going through everything. One thing for certain, going to have a lot more clean-up points when it's all done. ;)

A

Anxiety

The only major thing I got was about 40 120 scrolls in a bag. Everything else was roses, furs, 100+ lvl 6 T Maps, etc. No home runs.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I’m sure no staffer... but I have a problem with this post.

I find it to be in extremely poor taste to brag about the misfortunes of others... and these idcos are not part of the House and Castles area. This event will cost the entire community a lot of members, also another point not to brag about.

Sorry babe.

Y

yorky

I was suprised at how quickly everything got snapped up, seems everywhere i went all the good stuff had already been taken (I had rune books marked and ready). I did get lucky at one house tho, the keep infront of it fell and I got some nice collections. Other than that it was mostly junk.

Cant complain tho, I placed a castle a few days ago and finally last night after 4 hours of patience, got my New Magincia house :)

A

Aryn86

Well..got two pieces of common rubble...and a ****ton of crap..

Because of the bugs with the placement-tool I lost 2 chances for my first castle ever and after that I had to wait almost 2 hours to place a new small house to empty my pack horse... (at 3 am, after being awake since 5.30 am..).

So..very frustrating day..

MatlocK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
13 ss frags
27 boomsticks!(all in one chest)
38 1 mill checks
1 transfer token
Numerous runic hammers
Many tokens of all kinds
Rubble palm tree
All sorts of other stuff
O
And over 2 mill clean up points
Nice icing for my cake!
EPW can have a piece if you likey :)

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it to be in extremely poor taste to brag about the misfortunes of others... and these idcos are not part of the House and Castles area. This event will cost the entire community a lot of members, also another point not to brag about.
Sorry babe.
Well I apologize if this forum is not the place, but then I would have to argue that the stickied topic on IDOCs which includes best ways to loot should also be removed from this forum.

Or are IDOCs like Las Vegas? We all know about the looting that goes on, but what happens at an IDOC should stay at the IDOC?

As to "the event costing the community" Guess I see it differently. For one thing, it wasn't an event, it was a "bug fix" to address the issue with house decay not working the way it was intended. And not sure how we're losing members? For the most part, these are members who stopped paying their $10 fee, and left the game a long time ago and just couldn't be bothered getting rid of their stuff when they left. It's not like some evil bank is foreclosing on 200 active members and selling off their stuff at a sale and we're gloating over all the cool stuff we got. So the "event" didn't cause the loss of members, it was just a cleanup of the stuff they left behind. And as one IDOC'er I met put it "if it weren't for IDOCers, a lot of good items would be lost forever.." and some of these items will find their way as decorations put back into homes. And some people have much bigger nicers homes now, decorated with items that were previously locked away collecting virtual dust.

I guess it is a bit depressing for some to see just how empty their shards are, but I think most of us realized that a long time ago based on how few people we see in game. I recently attended an EM event. I was one of three people who attended.. For me, having a bunch of unused houses sitting around didn't fool me into feeling better about the the population on my shard. Truth be told I saw more people last night than I have seen in a long time. If nothing else it's encouraging to meet new people. Sometimes tragedies bring us together to form a more close-knit community. When I meet a stranger in game now, we actually stop and talk because we feel like we're part of something. The few the proud, the survivors.

On a personal note,

There was a time when my guild owned most of the housing around the Sacrifice Shrine. I spent a lot of money and time acquiring those homes and giving them away to new members. When new games came out, the members, left. I took over their accounts to try and keep the guild village alive, but at one point I was topping out at $120 a month to maintain homes of people who left to play other games. I finally let them all drop, kept my 16x16 as the sole guild house and am now in the process of redecorating it - getting rid of the meeting room with all the empty unused chairs, and turning it into a shrine to remember all my old guild mates.

but guess what it comes down to is that it's a matter of personal opinion.

- some people would find an Irish Wake distasteful.

and I will agree to one thing, this comment is probably inappropriate to this forum. But I felt the need to defend the post, though I do apologize if you were offended and won't be the least bit hurt if the board admins move it to a different forum or delete it. I just thought this was the place for all things IDOC. Didn't mean to offend and we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Now let's get back to decorating!

PS, just checked and found a post like mine on UO Hall or whatever it's called. So guess I should have posted there. My apologies.