• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Placing after IDOC

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi Folks, I have been away for 2 yrs and wonder what the changes are/were to placing a house once another has collapsed after being IDOC.

Is there a 'timer' after a house has collapsed before you can place another in it's place, if so what is it? Or if it is random can it be from instant to ?? of hours after?

Also how often can you test 'click' the placement tool when 'trying' to get one down? I seem to remember there was some kind of modification to the tool that required a cool down? or am I mistaken.

The other question I have is if you place and put an existing house into decay, and then don't want the spot and demolish it can you still opt to try another 'spot' or will it give you a seven day timer? If so if you demolish the house that is in decay so you have 0 houses will that 'free' up the timer so you may place?

Hope you understand all that, any information would be appreciated.

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi MissEcho welcome back, I think there is still an hour delay in placing after a collapse, that is what is was when I took a break at the beginning of last year. It may have been changed I am not sure, only came back myself at Xmas.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I may be able to point you in the right direction in some areas. I do know there is a timer on the ability to place a plot. Once the house falls a random timer starts. I have heard it could be from a couple of minutes to an hour.

On the housing tool, after you have tried 4 or 5 times to place you will not be able to place until it cools down, this is only a short time frame tho, 5 minutes or so.

On the last one.... When you place a house and commit to it nothing you do avoids the 7 day timer sadly. I learned that the hard way when I first started doing IDOC's years ago, and have not heard mention of it changing.

Good luck with all the upcoming falls tho :)

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a home falls due to a decay a random timer for the house spot begins before you can place which is anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours.

You can test click the tool about 20 times within 5 minutes before you get penalized and have a cooling off period for 5 minutes before you can use it again.

Last question if you have an existing home and you demolish it you can place another home instantly. If you mean you place a 2nd home your old goes into decay which you can demolish and yes a 7 day timer starts on placing the 2nd home. The only way to get rid of this timer is to demolish the new home as well. It will allow you to instantly place again.

Hi Folks, I have been away for 2 yrs and wonder what the changes are/were to placing a house once another has collapsed after being IDOC.

Is there a 'timer' after a house has collapsed before you can place another in it's place, if so what is it? Or if it is random can it be from instant to ?? of hours after?

Also how often can you test 'click' the placement tool when 'trying' to get one down? I seem to remember there was some kind of modification to the tool that required a cool down? or am I mistaken.

The other question I have is if you place and put an existing house into decay, and then don't want the spot and demolish it can you still opt to try another 'spot' or will it give you a seven day timer? If so if you demolish the house that is in decay so you have 0 houses will that 'free' up the timer so you may place?

Hope you understand all that, any information would be appreciated.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks people. I want to place on Atlantic as my home shard is totally dead. But I do need an 18 x 18 for what I want to do, which is basically player run events. Right now (before the fall) there is zero chance of it with the ridiculous prices on that shard. I have millions on my home shard, but don't believe in xsharding or transferring so that is gonna stay there lol. So in the past 3 weeks I have been building a new char there from scratch. I am still not sure If i will remain to play, i guess it depends on the house placement. I have a small house on there that someone gave me as they were leaving, which I will 'give' to someone else if I am successful in placing an event house. If I can't then perhaps I will need try another shard where I can get the size i need.

Anyways thanks for all the responses. :)

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once the house falls a random timer starts. I have heard it could be from a couple of minutes to an hour.

When did this change get implemented? I haven't done an IDOC in over 5 years. Back then as soon as a house fell, another plot would instantly be placed by someone else. I know I have always insta-placed new plots as soon as the old one fell. Funny watching all the IDOC looters suddenly pop under the house sign and scramble through a big jumble of house possessions.

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couple years now when new house placing rules came into effect like water barrels and stuff not blocking anymore either.. this rule was made specifically so homes could not be script placed..

Once the house falls a random timer starts. I have heard it could be from a couple of minutes to an hour.

When did this change get implemented? I haven't done an IDOC in over 5 years. Back then as soon as a house fell, another plot would instantly be placed by someone else. I know I have always insta-placed new plots as soon as the old one fell. Funny watching all the IDOC looters suddenly pop under the house sign and scramble through a big jumble of house possessions.

V

vorius

I have some related questions too, hope you dont mind if I append them here...

a) If I have an existing home and I manage to place a new one that has collapsed then my existing home goes into decay, but can I then xfer the newly placed home to a friend to save my old home as it was?

b) do other players or items on the ground prevent a house from being places? if not, what happens to any items or players on the ground in the house's footprint?

c) good luck everyone on this monumental event!

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(A) NO..YOU HAVE TO XFER THE OLDER HOME TO SOMEONE

(B) NO..ALL FALL TO GROUND UNTIL A NEW HOME IS PLACED AFTER IDOC..RANDOM TIMER ON SPOT FROM 5 MIN TO 2 HOURS TO PLACE.. SOMETIMES AN ODD ITEM MAY BLOCK BUT RARELY NOW.

I have some related questions too, hope you dont mind if I append them here...

a) If I have an existing home and I manage to place a new one that has collapsed then my existing home goes into decay, but can I then xfer the newly placed home to a friend to save my old home as it was?

b) do other players or items on the ground prevent a house from being places? if not, what happens to any items or players on the ground in the house's footprint?

c) good luck everyone on this monumental event!