• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Co-ownership question

Z

zorrah

Hello all,

I have a question regarding co-ownership--I've been finding some conflicting information online. I think the best way to ask the question is through a scenario:

Account A owns house1, and Account B owns house2. Can I have my characters from Account A be co-owners at house2 (and vice versa), or will this condemn the respective houses?

Thanks!

Z

zorrah

Oh geez, thank you! Makes my life 100 times easier.

Second question, does co-ownership allow placement of vendors via a contract of employment or must you use the pink rental deeds (whatever they are called)?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh geez, thank you! Makes my life 100 times easier.

Second question, does co-ownership allow placement of vendors via a contract of employment or must you use the pink rental deeds (whatever they are called)?
The olden days, pre-AoS... co-owners could place new vendors. Some of us who have several houses under our control that HAVE vendors think the rules should be put back to the way we had them. Otherwise, you have to change accounts to the owner account, place the vendor, go back on your way. Takes time... BUT who co-owns even friends they dont know who would do such a thing without your knowing? It doesn't ad up.

You can also be co-owner to several houses at the same time now... but there is a limit to how many co-owners can be at the same house. Doesn't help secure your town or empire. Rules change. Maybe they'll fix it.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But it seems that rental spots can be set to free?
Back in the day, before AoS... all vendor spots where free, unless some kind of deal was struck beforehand. The newer pink deeds can be set to free... or any price, per week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, a month.

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. You can co own up to 10 homes on each character :)

Hello all,

I have a question regarding co-ownership--I've been finding some conflicting information online. I think the best way to ask the question is through a scenario:

Account A owns house1, and Account B owns house2. Can I have my characters from Account A be co-owners at house2 (and vice versa), or will this condemn the respective houses?

Thanks!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes but each house is for some silly reason only able to have 10 co-owners... so if you have more than 2 accounts all your characters have to be stuck as "friends" of your own house(s).

Folk like me with multiple accounts loved KR for one thing... the ability to move folk from friend to co-owner and vice-versa.. Sadly they ruined that when they took out KR .... and now we are back to being stuck as friends in our own homes...

Lucky for you that you only have 2 homes.

I will continue to fight the fight to get the number of co-owners increased to 70... at least but despite all my begging I've not seen it fixed yet.

But I'll not stop begging and pleading for the change.

:devil:

The sad thing about the vendors is that you have to take down your vendors when they are on contract like that to redesign your home. I wish something could be done to allow for designing your home regardless of vendors and who owns them.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering I have 6 houses in my town... only 1 can actually be set for friends, in theory. However, in that theory with this 10 co-owner limit... it's totally impossible. Considering 1 of those house accounts is barely used, the smallest house and most full with plants... the Church (the house in question) is used by all the other accounts as a weigh point. Dropping off-picking up.

Yeah, if you only had 2 accounts connected... it would be worth it. I still think they should rethink this whole system because if 1 guy is co-owned, it's just as good as the whole account... JUST like if you banned 1 stranger from your house, the whole account is also banned.

Thank goodness we have the mailboxes, though! Good place for friends to drop stuff off and you always know who did. :D