• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about the new housing decay

S

Shroomo

Hello all hope you're days are well ^.^

I recently received an email that housing decay is back on. I was last signed into my account on maybe like 1/4/2012 so I'm not out the old 90 days yet. However with the wording of the email it's kind of confusing to me.

My question is does housing decay still take 90 days before it will collapse or have they shortened the time (as low as 5 days)?

I haven't paid for my account this month and was thinking of skipping the next as well(financial concerns), then reup before the 3rd month.

I just want to make sure my house is not going to fall quickly and that I still have 90 days. I put a lot of work into it and have a museum of gear and rare items that I've collected over the years. It would suck to see it go down in an IDOC.

Thank you in advance for your time.

atlanticScorpion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be honest I am not sure anymore. There are way too many IDOCs out there. I have seen atleast 100 and I have not checked everywhere. You should find someone to watch it for you and let you know if it goes condemmed.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the wording was 90 days after your account goes inactive... in otherwords, when you are locked out of your account for lack of payment. Then 5 days from that until the house falls. So if you have a friend in game or another account and you see your house start to IDOC, then 5 days from that starting it will fall.

*Unless there are rented out vendors on the house. Then I think it's a matter of contract time, plus the claim time for the owner to get his or her goods.

In you want my honest option, it's best never to let your account go inactive. Better safe then sorry... plus with the staff and bugs we have, you wont end up hitting any potholes. I didn’t even see an email in several accounts I have going... so I can imagine countless players will never get the warning. On Atlantic alone, yeah... well over 200 houses will fall if the owners know or not. Frightening.

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your account can be inactive for 90 days before any homes on it will decay which will take another 7 days for them to fall.

Therefore if you stopped your account January 4, 2012 you would have until April 4, 2012 or so give or take a day before your home decayed. You renew your account for a month and it expires May 4, 2012 then you can go inactive again for 90 days. It's what I do on my castle holding accounts so you only pay 3 times a year.

Hello all hope you're days are well ^.^

I recently received an email that housing decay is back on. I was last signed into my account on maybe like 1/4/2012 so I'm not out the old 90 days yet. However with the wording of the email it's kind of confusing to me.

My question is does housing decay still take 90 days before it will collapse or have they shortened the time (as low as 5 days)?

I haven't paid for my account this month and was thinking of skipping the next as well(financial concerns), then reup before the 3rd month.

I just want to make sure my house is not going to fall quickly and that I still have 90 days. I put a lot of work into it and have a museum of gear and rare items that I've collected over the years. It would suck to see it go down in an IDOC.

Thank you in advance for your time.