• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Sherry The Mouse Makes An Appearance

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

More than a few Atlantic citizens had already noticed the appearance of Crux Ansata Guards standing watch throughout the land. Rumors and speculation ran rampant as to why they had been called into action. More than a few of those included keeping our banks safe from a certain infamous thief. Those rumors according to Sherry would turn out to hold a certain amount of truth to them. In her travels she had ran across a man proclaiming to be the King of Thieves. The man went on to boast about having guards in his pocket. When Sherry reported this back to Lady Danica Amandine, Field Marshall for The Knights of the Crux Ansata, she immediately dispatched troops that could indeed be trusted.

Sherry, being a mouse of the people, wanted to stroll about town and check on everyone’s wellbeing. Our travels with her eventually led us to Trinsic where she discovered the town had been abandoned by its Army. The barracks were empty, the mess halls deserted. This caused enough concern for Sherry she felt she needed to report the activities to Lady Amandine immediately.

When word reached her ears, let’s just say she seemed less than pleased. Her troops were already spread thin, but you could tell by the intensity of her face she knew not to leave Trinsic unguarded. She had already left Magincia and Yew in the capable hands of their own militia but still she seemed to need more bodies to guard our land. During her thinking she indicated in the near future it may come down to US, the people of Atlantic to each pick ONE town to help defend.

Like things were not tense enough, and the forces already spread too thin, word of the destruction of Lord Blackthorn’s Castle began to swirl. Wanting to see the ruins with her own eyes, the fair Lady mounted up and everyone else quickly followed suit. Just a short walk from the Ilshenar Honor moongate, and a quick climb over the rockslide blocking the path everyone witnessed first hand the annihilation of what was once a towering, sprawling fortress. Bodies littered the ground, the stench of burnt plants and rotting flesh filled the air. Searching as best we could, no visible signs could be found to indicate who perpetrated such carnage.

Falling back across the rockslide to safety and away from the savages who seemed to be unscathed, Lady Amandine was visibly shaken and for the first time since I have know her, speechless. As the stark reality gripped her she laid out what is surely the best laid plan at this time. While she seeks the counsel of Simeon and Adamu, we are to remain vigilant and on guard. She urged all in attendance to concentrate on the cities as not a one of them should be allowed to fall.

Through all the events that unfolded, she seemed the most apprehensive when talk turned to her letting Sherry the Mouse know about the destruction of the Castle. Most everyone agreed Sherry would be rather disturbed by the news. One thing is certain, once word hits Sherry’s ears she will be scurrying about the land trying to get any piece of information she can, along with warning anyone in earshot. Be on the look out for our little friend as you go about your travels. In addition keep a watch out on http://www.uoherald.com/ , http://atlantic.uoem.net/ and http://vboards.stratics.com/atlantic-em-forum/

Safe Travels, and may the Virtues Guide us all through this time….

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That’s not a mouse... that’s a giant rat!

Time to burn the castle down! It's infested. :blushing:

Maybe it was back in Ultima 7 or whatever, where Sherry the Mouse appeared... but she was a cute little mouse with a red ribbon around her neck. Maybe that’s just how I remember it. Sure wasn’t a rat.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Maybe it was back in Ultima 7 or whatever, where Sherry the Mouse appeared... but she was a cute little mouse with a red ribbon around her neck. Maybe that’s just how I remember it. Sure wasn’t a rat.

Considering all the years that have spanned since Ultima 7 I think we all may have gotten a little larger around the mid section tho, Lord knows I have. Sherry should be no different :lick:. With all that has plagued our lands since that time maybe she started her own little work out routine to get a little more buffed up in order to survive some of the battles she ran into during her travels. I too remember her wearing a ribbon, maybe she took it off so she would not lose it on her recent wagon trip with Victor. Or maybe that Evil Smurfy stole it from her during their recent encounter, we all know how sticky his fingers are :mf_prop:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you honestly think we would have a Disneyland if Mickey was a giant Rat?!!

It would have been more realistic if the Sherry of old was transformed into a glittering princess... not a rat. Or a Pixie queen. Or even a pink wisp. Not a giant rat.

Maybe she’s been drinking out of the same water dish as you have... and something crazy’s in the water! lol :coco:

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would have been more realistic if the Sherry of old was transformed into a glittering princess... not a rat. Or a Pixie queen. Or even a pink wisp. Not a giant rat.
I honestly fail to see how ANY of that could be realistic.

Perhaps she was made larger so she would be easier to see and to follow if necessary? Get enough people, a little bitty mouse would just disappear in the crowds...

And frankly, despite their bad rap in all forms of media, I find most rats to be just as cute as mice.

And Bennu, that last pic is adorable!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Do you honestly think we would have a Disneyland if Mickey was a giant Rat?!!

Ummmm.... ain't that about what a 7 foot tall mouse is :p
:lol:

Perhaps she was made larger so she would be easier to see and to follow if necessary? Get enough people, a little bitty mouse would just disappear in the crowds...
Agreed. After all full grown chars disappear all the time at events from the mob. Lil ole mouse would not stand a chance.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

OMG! Is that the real graphics from back in Ultima 7? That was only like a lifetime ago.

Sorry... I’m sure the countless victims of the Black Plague would disagree with rats being cute. Plus, I have a mouse killing cat in the house... 2 mice entered in the last years... 2 mice didn’t escape. Muhahahahaaaa

Mice are still cuter then rats. No need to bring wolves into a house to deal with rat infestation problems.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor