• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

greater mongbat paragon chest

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I killed paragon greater mongbat.
He have Level1 map,but no chest.
Now he don't have chest?!

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chests aren't guaranteed on every paragon. Go kill some more.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is possible for a Tmap dropping paragon to have just a map. The RNG decides if that map chance is bumped to a chest. Also should notice that the map in the chest has a random land location it is in, minus fel. The chest map will be a level higher. Just to bad there isn't a low level pargon chest dropper along the lines of Miasma. Having a supply of low level chest to train picking and maps for decoding. Top it off, put in the lizardman village in Ilsh a Lizardman Bolter. Why not build up those Bolts and spine leather supplies at the same time.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the past,paragon greater mongbat had paragon chest.
This chest had lv1 map.
Only greater mongbat is special.
They dont have map,but they droped paragon chest.
But a few days,I saw a map ,not chest in paragon greater mongbat corpse.
Now they dont drop chest?

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is possible for a Tmap dropping paragon to have just a map. The RNG decides if that map chance is bumped to a chest. Also should notice that the map in the chest has a random land location it is in, minus fel. The chest map will be a level higher. Just to bad there isn't a low level pargon chest dropper along the lines of Miasma. Having a supply of low level chest to train picking and maps for decoding. Top it off, put in the lizardman village in Ilsh a Lizardman Bolter. Why not build up those Bolts and spine leather supplies at the same time.
Warpig, paragon chest can contain Felucca maps. I'm not sure where you got the info from that they don't. I have collected many paragon chests from the dark wisps in Ilshenar and have received plenty of Felucca lvl 5 maps from them, but there's always the 4 out of 5 chance that it will be for Trammel, Malas, Ilshenar or Ter Mur...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
With the changes to T-maps, Miasma chests can have ANY of the facets' maps. I know I've taken less than 10 Miasma chests to get all 6 facets represented before.

Now, getting a map IN THE CORPSE (not in a chest) on a Greater Mongbat, is odd. They are programmed to generate a chance for a level 1 paragon chest, with a "dummy" chance for a non-spawning level 0 being the basis for it. There shouldn't be stand-alone maps on Greater Mongbats AT ALL.

IF there have been, then it's possible that something in the T-map changes is causing what should be the phantom "level 0" map to increase to level 1 (As if the 0 was an error), and actually spawn. This might be a side-effect of changes meant to compensate for the existence of a few "Youthful" T-maps left over from before ML, as if those were done by a "Young" character, the resulting chest would contain a replacement Youthful map every time.