• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Morgana - re: The end of the circle

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I did not post this in the thread because I would never want to detract from a good story line. I did want you to know I really am enjoying the plot line and can never wait until the next installment. Thanks :thumbsup:

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I did not post this in the thread because I would never want to detract from a good story line. I did want you to know I really am enjoying the plot line and can never wait until the next installment. Thanks :thumbsup:
Hi! That means a lot to me. When I first started these stories, I sort of took over for Mr. Clean, who decided he didn't have what it took to write fiction (I disagree, but that is another matter). He got me started by re-telling actual in-game events, and it really got me thinking about the old days, and just how much there really was to work with where these characters are concerned. I have taken a little artistic license with numerous player characters, and NPCs, such as Casca, over the years in writing the stories.

I hope that no one involved takes any offense, because when I mention a character that was not of my own creation, it is meant completely in homage, because I respect the depth of that character.

When I first started, I got several negative remarks, but I didn't let that bother me. I think that if someone doesn't want to read a thread, they can choose to simply not click it.

I really appreciate your kind words. While I was still in game, I would have people come up to me and tell me how much they were enjoying one of my stories. That really meant a lot, because I value the traditions and the history of UO, even I if am not a part of it.

Also, I hope you have read my other stories, which can also be found here in this forum. Just sort by number of views, and you can find the stories, they are (and should be read in this order): Atlantic and Mr Clean... , Wrath, Love, and Redemption, This One Time at Band Camp, The Fortress of Fear, A Dark Secret, and of course, The End of the Circle.

I tried bumping these threads to keep them easy to find, but that was not well received by some of the mods. Not big fans I guess :) Anyway, if you cannot find the stories, let me know via PM, I have them archived on my guild website.

Sorry it has taken so long to get this one finished. Between chronic writers block, and real life obligations, I have been seriously slack on it :)

A

Aida Quantrex

Great story indeed ! I do enjoy gamefiction like this, and I wish that I had the vocabulary to write things like this in english.

Have you considered linking to your stories in your signature ?
Fx. siglink pointing to the first story which would then contain a link to the next story and so on.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Also, I hope you have read my other stories, which can also be found here in this forum. Just sort by number of views, and you can find the stories, they are (and should be read in this order): Atlantic and Mr Clean... , Wrath, Love, and Redemption, This One Time at Band Camp, The Fortress of Fear, A Dark Secret, and of course, The End of the Circle.
Wow, think I will pay my daughter a couple of bucks this weekend to copy/paste them to Word and print them out for me. Make it more like a book should be in my old school eyes :)

I do remember reading some of Band Camp a good while back, then RL forced a UO break, glad it's still around.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Have you considered linking to your stories in your signature ?
Fx. siglink pointing to the first story which would then contain a link to the next story and so on.
That is a great idea!! Thank you so much!

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Wow, think I will pay my daughter a couple of bucks this weekend to copy/paste them to Word and print them out for me. Make it more like a book should be in my old school eyes :)
I have contemplated compiling all the stories together into a novel of sorts, but the problem I ran into when I started it once was that I wanted to completely re-write everything, and make tons of changes, and that doesn't really hold true to the originals. So I think I might just copy and paste into a Word doc, like you said.

However, before I die, I would really love to actually get all of the info together, and actually novelize the entire story...maybe even spread it out over a couple of books. But that would require me to not be so slack :)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

BTW, I promise, the story will be finished. Things in real life have been a bit hectic since the holidays, but I do promise, it will be finished, soon.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hate to hear that, but I think we all know that feeling. Hope things calm down a bit for you. And NOT just so you will finish the story :D

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Don't be sad...just because the story will be ending soon, does not mean that I will be ending it quickly :)

Etrigran

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Now that I actually joined stratics, I want to thank you and say as a site visitor I've enjoyed your tale as well. Actually makes me think boldly enough to work on one myself in this genre. :)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Wow...it has been a while for me...things around here have changed. I am working on the rest of the story...seriously. Things in real life have gotten in the way once again, but ... I should be putting it down here in the next few days. I hope everyone enjoys it.

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
For anyone interested, I managed to dig up links to the old stories here. If someone could comment on them, just to bump them, I would greatly appreciate it. I managed to lose my copies of them (long story). But here they are if you are interested...

Wrath, Love, and Redemption
http://stratics.com/threads/wrath-love-and-redemption.115141/
This One Time, at Band Camp
http://stratics.com/threads/this-one-time-at-band-camp-tales-by-abigail-lefay.121237/
The Fortress of Fear
http://stratics.com/threads/the-fortress-of-fear.129744/
A Dark Secret
http://stratics.com/threads/a-dark-secret.151592/

I am still trying to find Mr. Clean's story that started all of this...I will add it if I can find it.

Thanks!

Morgana LeFay

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome back Morgana...Glad to see you pick up the quill again. Will you join us again hopefully?

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It is doubtful. I have absolutely no idea what my old login info was...yes, I am a complete flake! And, besides that, I have done enough research to know that nothing has changed. I left for a valid reason. I really have missed a lot of you though. :( Grrrr...let's call it a solid "probably not" ... :)