• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dressing up the ugly old Loony bank for Christmas.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something fun to see…

I’m sure we will never see such things done in our Atlantic shard, for some unknown reason… but if you like festive décor and to see what can be done without dye tub limitations on some of the holiday gifts… you should check out Origin shard’s Loony bank.

I just happened to be passing by yesterday and was both surprised and pleased to see the EMs took some time and effort to dress the place up for the season. I wont post pictures! You’ll have to go yourself and explore around.

I think my most favorite thing I see done with the old décor… is when they dye the snowflakes. They actually change colors. It's very chill. They really should have made them dyeable for us… and they would have seen a much bigger popularity.

Remember… that’s the Origin shard.

Well… I’m off to work on the old Mini Mall today. Don’t forget gang… you don’t have to rip your house down to make it pretty for Christmas. ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That is nice deco on Origin. I may be wrong because seasons lapse together the older one gets lol. But, didn't Atlantic's bank get the same treatment last year?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could be wrong... but it may have been dressed up for all of a day or two before it was all removed.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could be wrong... but it may have been dressed up for all of a day or two before it was all removed.
Yep, last year I spent about 1 hour dressing it up. Mesanna came and spent about 30 min, and then we both got flooded with complaints about color, decor and other such nonsense, so we took it down.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That really sucks!

Just amazing... but I guess our shard lead the game in the most whiners. I say just let it ride. It was amazing what the Asian shards did years ago. Wish we saw that too.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yep, last year I spent about 1 hour dressing it up. Mesanna came and spent about 30 min, and then we both got flooded with complaints about color, decor and other such nonsense, so we took it down.
*shakes head*

Gotta love Atlantic at times. :wall:

If y'all decide to try and tackle it this year, maybe just do black and white, then the color police will just think they have went color blind. Luna bank devoid of all color could be a good thing ;)

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's the lag from all the items that pisses most people off, not the color.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's the lag from all the items that pisses most people off, not the color.
Don't blame the masses of unattended bank sitters…

Dont't look at the insane amount of vendors in a small area…

It's not a few plants or Christmas décor items. People just love to complain about anything fun and fanciful that's for everyone.

There are over 30 other banks to choose from that you wont be burdened by Loona bank. It's just the one place that most people collect… otherwise I’d love to see old West Brit Bank tricked out. Oh wait. People are still luring turkey spawn out of the woods and bringing it to murder people at that bank.

N

Numtinae

Decorate New Haven instead. It's a much nicer place anyway.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you give power to those that cry over Christmas decorations and ignore real issues in this game it only gives those who complain power over you in their minds if no where else. I lag as much as anyone else, yet I DO NOT see what the problem is since Luna bank is nothing more then a parking station for afk count burning or afk macroing. If you ask me it's those afk scripts that create the lag :) I personally miss the lack of Christmas Spirit in Luna but I suppose those of us who want Luna all Christmassy do not count. I am sure there is more then just me.

Should I complain and cry? *realizes shes doing that atm* I am sure one tree here and there a flower here or there could not possibly cause more lag then there is. Even those plants along wall by stable simply colored to a red and green would be something but to completely Erase Christmas in Luna is taking away from my game play. Why must I go elsewhere to see the decorations? Why must I be punished? If they DO NOT like it, They can go bank sit elsewhere! I say ignore the cry babies and do what we all know is the right thing to do.! Happy Holidays!!

ps. You EMs are not to blame, You are doing an awesome job Keep up the great work!! But seriously if they (the complaining players) want to transfer off ATL because of Christmas Deco so be it !!