• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What a Failure!

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No way will this game be ready in 17 days.

Proto Foe

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
How so?

Care to expand on what features will not be ready?

I have just done my second weekend, and from how it has grown inbetween those two time periods is astonishing.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not ready? I just got done doing the weekend stress test. The game was extremely stable and thoroughly addictive. It felt like it had already been released.

So, please do elaborate.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Ludes,

Curious why you think so.

I've been in the beta and stress test too, and believe SWTOR is the best MMO I've seen in beta (and I've been in a LOT of betas). I've had no lag at all, only lost conn once (during char creation, not in-game) and saw two cut scenes where the audio was out of sync. That's it. Given the enormity of SWTOR, I'm impressed.

Need details my friend... details.

pumpkin_escobar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I tested this past weekend and had many issues, mostly lagg, which made the game unplayable when I entered any buildings. Outdoor fighting was good though.

P

Penti

Definately think the OP needs to elaborate........ I have had very few problems. A few graphical glitches, a bit of lag and the very occasional CTD. This is over several weeks of testing??

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am also lost on this. Have many friends that are planning on playing this and some have been doing the beta. Not a major complaint I have heard. Was told it runs pretty smooth and the best EA has done with a game in a long time :)

So not sure what Ludes was reffering to...............

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tested this past weekend and had many issues, mostly lagg, which made the game unplayable when I entered any buildings. Outdoor fighting was good though.
I had this same issue. Game would run smooth outdoors at reasonably high settings but as soon as I entered buildings it would slowdown.

But for me, anyway, it wasn't lag. It was a framerate (having the indicator up is useful hehe). I found it was a Shadow slider issue. By default it had been set at the middle. I lowered it just about 10% - 15% and got a huge increase of FPS inside buildings.

Didn't touch any of the other options really. Worked for me at the time during the stress test beta. And the last beta they did.