• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Where do I get Diabolically Drawn Maps

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've pulled a very few off of level 6 hunts. I can't remember specifically if they were felluca or trammel maps that yielded the level 7.

Is there any other place that I can get them. Is the drop totally random, or can luck bring me a better pull on them?

S

Spyderis

Both tram and fel have lvl 7's however, its a rare chanve the 7 will be in the 6 chest...The Misama's (Scorpion) gives lvl 6 maps inside a chest just like a paragon. figure 10 miasma's per one chest. sampire works best there, They are in the LAB where the minitors are

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are three sources of Level 7 Maps:

1) Within a Level 6 Treasure Chest
2) From the High Seas Bosses, Scalis or Corgul
3) Loot from Pirate Encounters

Option #1 is probably your best bet at getting them.

Stayin Alive,

BG

E

elspeth

Do you need the high seas expansion to get them and/or use them?

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have killed alot of pirates and have never gotten any type of map off of them. Numbers 1 and 2 I have gotten maps from but not the pirates, Maybe just a run of bad luck but that would be a long run of bad luck.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I did a level 7 in Ilshenar a couple nights ago. So, they probably exist for all facets.

The most difficult part of that Ilshenar level 7 is that it was in the northern reaches of the Valor Champ spawn, and it was running arachnid at the time, when the people doing it with me got jumped by a paragon greater dragon as they tried to run through the spawn to my location (dragons spawned there naturally from before the champ spawn system was added to Ilshenar, so regulars and greaters can show up as interlopers at any champ - useful only if you're a bard - imagine provoing a paragon greater onto Barracoon or another champ)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a level 7 in Ilshenar a couple nights ago. So, they probably exist for all facets.

Other than scrolls of transcendence from felucca maps only, Gargoyle Surge Shields and Runed Sash of Warding in Ter Mur, is there anything else "unique" pertaining to a given facet that spawns in the level 7 chest ?

Or is the loot pretty much the same regardless of where the facet is (other than those items indicated for Felucca and Ter Mur...) ?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All known, possible, special map contents are listed here
UO Stratics *New* | Treasure Map Quests

Normal 'magic items' loot is facet-specific where applicable. ie Samurai and Ninjitsu armor and weapons in Tokuno maps, gargoyle armor and weapons in Ter Mur maps.

Any map from a monster chest, be it paragon or ML named monster, is random facet. Therefore level 6 maps are possible for all facets, which means that level 7 maps are therefore possible for all facets.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think what I'd like to know is if the guardians can spawn as paragons. Yet to have one with my Ilsh maps. Seems the maps that are in chest are randomized on what lands. Just like to know if anyone has gotten a paragon chest off a guardian. I find the odds of paragon chest from unique spawn to be a worthy rare drop collecting. Really How many players have a valorite color paragon chest from a Valorite Rare Ore Elemental. To get a paragon guardian to spawn and it have a map chance and that map a chest. Beats the hell out of standing in line at some EM event.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think what I'd like to know is if the guardians can spawn as paragons. Yet to have one with my Ilsh maps. Seems the maps that are in chest are randomized on what lands. Just like to know if anyone has gotten a paragon chest off a guardian. I find the odds of paragon chest from unique spawn to be a worthy rare drop collecting. Really How many players have a valorite color paragon chest from a Valorite Rare Ore Elemental. To get a paragon guardian to spawn and it have a map chance and that map a chest. Beats the hell out of standing in line at some EM event.
Guardians in Ilshenar do not spawn as paragons. They deliberatly turned that off. I would go and find you a quote, but I have no idea where to look or which dev it was that stated this...