• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shame Crystals

S

Spyderis

Can anyone tell me what they are used for exactly? Something about summoning a renowned? I see there is a marker in you're loyalty page..Im not sure who to use the crystals with because im not really sure what there are for..

And yes i did read the pub notes...Has anyone used em, or summoned the ...?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It summons different things depending on the level. The boss is supposed to be a taste of the next level. They haven't been too impressive loot wise but I am slowly working on them just to see what they are like. (New monster content makes me a happy adventurer.)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you click on them like you are going to eat them it takes 10 for level one 20 for 2 etc when you have the proper amount you go to the alter on the level thats appropriate and click on the shrine and a boss will be created somewhere on the level and then you must find it and kill it!
the amount you have built up is in the loyalty menu

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and only you can do damage to it..

that part sucks if you need help..

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont like how the monster spawns somewhere and you have an hour to go find it and kill it.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it takes 1 min to go from end to end in that dungeon (at least in each level)
unless it can spawn any level?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The one time I popped a boss character it appeared right around the corner from the altar. I believe they spawn on the level they are summoned, so unless they pop in the middle of a huge batch of creatures, it's not that difficult.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

The one time I popped a boss character it appeared right around the corner from the altar. I believe they spawn on the level they are summoned, so unless they pop in the middle of a huge batch of creatures, it's not that difficult.
thay do pop same level and it is random

K

Kralock

the lv3 wind boss, why so chump loot and what is the point?

I get much better stuff from normal mobs on lv5. If that's all the crystals are for, why drop them in stacks of 5 from lv5 mobs if all you can do is use them to summon some chumps?

Any speculative other uses for the crystals?

Henzy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I know this is an old thread, but nonetheless I'd like to shine a light onto it.
So the only purpose of the crystals is to spawn the bosses. In Felucca these bosses have guaranteed loot:
The boss of level 1 is a quartz elemental. To summon him you need 10 dungeon points, so 10 dungeon shame crystals. His loot is a quartz grit.
The boss of level 2 is a flame elemental. To summon him you need 20 dungeon points, so 20 dungeon shame crystals. His loot is corrosive ash.
The boss of level 3 is a wind elemental. To summon him you need 30 dungeon points, so 30 dungeon shame crystals. His loot is cursed oil.
Now the quartz grit, corrosive ash and cursed oil can be combined and they give a Whetstone of Enervation. (Those sell on ATL for 4m each)
This Whetstone can be used on exceptional crafted weapns to remove the DI those weapons automatically have, and thus opening another slot to imbue another mod.
Up The Irons
Henzy
Lord of The Ruskin Arms on Drachenfels

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know this is an old thread, but nonetheless I'd like to shine a light onto it.
So the only purpose of the crystals is to spawn the bosses. In Felucca these bosses have guaranteed loot:
The boss of level 1 is a quartz elemental. To summon him you need 10 dungeon points, so 10 dungeon shame crystals. His loot is a quartz grit.
The boss of level 2 is a flame elemental. To summon him you need 20 dungeon points, so 20 dungeon shame crystals. His loot is corrosive ash.
The boss of level 3 is a wind elemental. To summon him you need 30 dungeon points, so 30 dungeon shame crystals. His loot is cursed oil.
Now the quartz grit, corrosive ash and cursed oil can be combined and they give a Whetstone of Enervation. (Those sell on ATL for 4m each)
This Whetstone can be used on exceptional crafted weapns to remove the DI those weapons automatically have, and thus opening another slot to imbue another mod.
Up The Irons
Henzy
Lord of The Ruskin Arms on Drachenfels
Yep, it surprises me how many people don't know about this. The bosses it summons in Fel have a 100% drop chance for the required components to make a Whetstone of Enervation. I used a Whetstone of Enervation to make an Ultimate Training Wep. A crafted 100% Poison Kryss with -29 Mage Wep/UBWS/30% SSI/15% HCI/30% HLD, and 255 max Dur.