• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How is Luck working with the new system?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the creature is killed, its Difficulty Rating and the killers’ Luck factor into loot generation.

Does that mean you have to make the killing blow and then your Luck is counted or is your Luck generally counted or how it works?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe only the Luck of the top attacker matters when determining loot like that. I used to do Lady Melisande on my Archer along with a Tamer friend, and i'd do the most damage. Right before Melisande would die, i'd switch into a suit with 1,740 Luck, along with Achieved Perfection granting me +1,000 Luck and the Luck Bonus from the 10th Anniversary Sculpture, for about 3,400+ Luck, and she'd drop godly loot every time. Got my Blaze Hairdye and Glacial Hairdye by doing that.

My Tamer/Mage has a suit right now with 1,890 Luck/100% LRC/34% LMC/5 MR/4 FC/6 FCR/20% DCI/4 HPR/Mage Wep -0 and the Resists are 70/70/68/70/75. Anxious to see what kind of loot he can get in Shame.

MatlocK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am very interested in this also. Someone please o please do tests and posts results!

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe only the Luck of the top attacker matters when determining loot like that. I used to do Lady Melisande on my Archer along with a Tamer friend, and i'd do the most damage. Right before Melisande would die, i'd switch into a suit with 1,740 Luck, along with Achieved Perfection granting me +1,000 Luck and the Luck Bonus from the 10th Anniversary Sculpture, for about 3,400+ Luck, and she'd drop godly loot every time. Got my Blaze Hairdye and Glacial Hairdye by doing that.

My Tamer/Mage has a suit right now with 1,890 Luck/100% LRC/34% LMC/5 MR/4 FC/6 FCR/20% DCI/4 HPR/Mage Wep -0 and the Resists are 70/70/68/70/75. Anxious to see what kind of loot he can get in Shame.
Thats the old system i mean the new system in Shame.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i thought if your partied then it averages everyones luck.
if you are singles then each char gets an insta corpse from his own luck.

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For purposes of the new loot generator, for each piece of loot generated, the system will use the luck of one random player from the creature's top attackers list.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For purposes of the new loot generator, for each piece of loot generated, the system will use the luck of one random player from the creature's top attackers list.
Does this mean - luck from player A can be used to generate loot item for loot instance for player B? Both players not in same party.

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this mean - luck from player A can be used to generate loot item for loot instance for player B? Both players not in same party.
Yes. The generation of an item may be done using one character's luck and the item may then subsequently end up in another character's instanced loot container. Generating the loot and divvying it up are separate processes.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, what about number of generated items? Which luck used to calculate amount of items?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. The generation of an item may be done using one character's luck and the item may then subsequently end up in another character's instanced loot container. Generating the loot and divvying it up are separate processes.
It would be generated when the creature dies or? Then the system generates the loot of the top attackers luck?

But how you define top attackers list? Lets say 3 people hitting the same monster.

1. Player = 500 dmg
2. Player = 455 dmg
3. Player = 50 dmg

Only a bad example but also player 3 get the right loot, is it possible that also this player generates an item of his / her luck?

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, what about number of generated items? Which luck used to calculate amount of items?
No. The number of items is purely a function of creature toughness.

Luck only affects the quality of the items. Particularly, it increases the average base budget for item properties.

The base budget in turn increases the frequency and number of item disadvantages and the chance of name modifiers. And, each disadvantage added to an item adds to the final budget of the item.

So, more luck -> more powerful items -> more named items and more item disadvantages.

K

Kayne

Wow you had to go through that much luck to get blaze hair dye. I think my mage had about 200 luck when I got my blaze hair dye.... and I must have been out damaged by the tamers present

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Disappointed to read that after all the effort I went to do get a good luck suit, some guy with no luck who happens to attack the same monster as me can get the better items in his/her corpse instance. Guess I should stick to my regular suit and make sure to fight someone elses monster who has the luck suit on.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sounds like luck is working as it always has...

Top attacker (the person that does the most damage) will have the loot generated for everyone based on his luck... whether they are partied or not.

It doesn't sound like anything has changed.

This is what all the guides have said since I remember:

Normal loot that spawns on creature corpses, other than gold and a few other special items, is generated upon the death of the creature, not before. Upon the death of the creature, a roll is made against the Luck of the character who did the most damage, I.e. "the top attacker"

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disappointed to read that after all the effort I went to do get a good luck suit, some guy with no luck who happens to attack the same monster as me can get the better items in his/her corpse instance. Guess I should stick to my regular suit and make sure to fight someone elses monster who has the luck suit on.
What's wrong with that? You're still getting good items. It all works out in the end as long as your doing the most damage.

Same can be said in the opposite way. Someone else does most damage with even better luck than you. You're going to benefit from it as well.

It all works out for everyone. Unless of course they are down there with no luck and just steam rolling everything. In that case you just move on to a different monster and cut your loses.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's wrong with that? You're still getting good items. It all works out in the end as long as your doing the most damage.

Same can be said in the opposite way. Someone else does most damage with even better luck than you. You're going to benefit from it as well.

It all works out for everyone. Unless of course they are down there with no luck and just steam rolling everything. In that case you just move on to a different monster and cut your loses.
Personally I would be happy with getting the items in my corpse instance according to my luck, and anyone who gets looting rights to get items according to their luck... even if they happen to have more luck than me.

I realize that might be a bit more complicated to program... create base items for loot, divide items, then apply bonuses... but that would see to provide those who work for the higher luck the benefit while those who choose to forego the luck suit getting the standard items.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sounds like luck is working as it always has...

Top attacker (the person that does the most damage) will have the loot generated for everyone based on his luck... whether they are partied or not.

It doesn't sound like anything has changed.

This is what all the guides have said since I remember:

Normal loot that spawns on creature corpses, other than gold and a few other special items, is generated upon the death of the creature, not before. Upon the death of the creature, a roll is made against the Luck of the character who did the most damage, I.e. "the top attacker"
he said it is not "the top attacker" but a random attacker in the list of top attackers (top 10?)
luck from the random person on each individual item.

thx for clairifing
lorddog

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No. The number of items is purely a function of creature toughness.

Luck only affects the quality of the items. Particularly, it increases the average base budget for item properties.

The base budget in turn increases the frequency and number of item disadvantages and the chance of name modifiers. And, each disadvantage added to an item adds to the final budget of the item.

So, more luck -> more powerful items -> more named items and more item disadvantages.
Wait... the more luck you have the more item disadvantages it has? well that about makes me want to rip luck off my suit...

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well having made a few adjustments to my luck suit, I now have a total of 3450 luck. (This includes 1000 perfection and 750 from statue). Farming eternal gazers I am now pulling 4-8 artifacts (ranging from lesser to legendary). Matter of fact a majority of the items I'm pulling are artifacts. I removed all my luck and then I was only receiving about 20-30% of the drop to be artifacts, and the intensities and proper grouping of mods seems to be less. This is on the tram facet btw.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is random check so even the lesser luck player could be the loot generator. I like the players that want to team up and stick around. Half the loot killing twice as fast. The math comes out the same. And unless both have the same luck then ...... here is your stick. Go play farmville.

I have no issue with those that skip about trying to get in on the action. Untill you play a disco tamer with 5 frenzy you have no clue why most spawn is no issue. And the new spawn is butter to a hot knife for a pack. Hunting the weaker spawn with a pack in a luck suit is my style. Items with nothing but one mod- 110 luck on a shield- 3mana regn ring- 25LRC mage armor studded sleeves (where's those chaga shrooms?). List is longer for items with couple high mods and -100 luck only.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it would be better if the loot generated, came from the player with the highest luck that participated in the kill.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
methinks they never addressed the luck problem..ive noticed little or no difference between 2000 and zero luck

hon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HEY I dont think luck has changed at all it just dropping better stuff in shame. I went with a fighter with 1000 plus luck and got alot of good stuff with a group of people, yesterday went with another guy without any luck at all and was still getting great stuff. So what I'm saying is that all you need now all days is somebody with a full luck suite to do word of death at the end and the out come of the drop will be great. Now while doing monsters by myself the guy without any luck got very low stuff. So to answer your question is luck working with the new system? No its still the same just better loot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W

Wojoe

Hi...

Can you explain how the "top attackers" scaling works...between say 10 player's and 4?

Thanks

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is as long as the damage you deal is more then the the games set percentage of the creatures total HP you get looting rights. If percentage is like 10% and critter has 500HP. Then everyone that did 50 damage will get their fair share of the gold. And looting rights.

Now the loot. Using EC and the grid container view I have seen that the better stuff floats to the top. And unique items will be right after the gold. Gold is first. With that the higher damage dealers get the "cream of the crop" for loot. But the unique items can be earned by johnny come lately that did just 50HP damage. Saw this happen more then once with paragon chest, a unique end drop. This loot order of generation with EC grid is really seen with T map chest loot. SOSs chest unique loot always after the gold.

Unique generated loot can also be an after thought. Bard instruments always last with the regs and scrolls. After 63 turkeys, The plucked bird is last in the grid. So if the top killers get the first generated from the top down. Some unique items high damagers generated before the item loot (weapons/armor/jewels) and others at the end. End items earned by the eeni mini miny moe method of distrobution. Why the guy that dies to Miasma after hitting it two times can earn the chest when they spent most the time rezzing up.

Back pack drop, don't want to go there. How many times has a group doing a paragon all get the same marty as a reward? Some unque items as loot are also a check for each with rights. Why when the Defiler event drop as loot could be earned by both killers of one creature.

I take it outside of Shame luck controls the ammount of loot with better chance for uber loot. In Shame luck controls ammount on mods, and the luck used is randomly used from one of the looters.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
true, this is the kind of stuff that make spellweavers run around and WoD your kill to get their own loot... very annoying, but when all the dungeons get revamped there will be more places to hunt, thus making it less likely to run into these leeches.