• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Any tricks to do quests faster?

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there any tricks to do the fish monger quests faster? Obviously the boat traveling is very time consuming.

I am new to this fish quest thing but I've read the guides from time to time, and I've completed just a few times. I understand you can park the boat within the a server line to get multiple quests. But the real problem is that the delivery is often at other servers. So, where is your usual sail routine? @_@

Also, when you complete a quest and gets asked a new quest , how do you tell from the quest info where the next quest is? (the quest window doesn't say, does it?) I had to accept and recall to the boat to see it.

With so many limitations, I cannot understand how people do it lol

T

Tazar

Are there any tricks to do the fish monger quests faster? Obviously the boat traveling is very time consuming.

I am new to this fish quest thing but I've read the guides from time to time, and I've completed just a few times. I understand you can park the boat within the a server line to get multiple quests. But the real problem is that the delivery is often at other servers. So, where is your usual sail routine? @_@

Also, when you complete a quest and gets asked a new quest , how do you tell from the quest info where the next quest is? (the quest window doesn't say, does it?) I had to accept and recall to the boat to see it.

With so many limitations, I cannot understand how people do it lol
Park your boat just off of the NW corner of Buc's Den. In that space, you can reach Brit. Sailing a few moments to the south crosses a server line and from there - you can recall to Skara-Brae, Trinsic, and Jhelom. From the starting point off of NW Buc's Den, you can also sail a few moments to the east and then recall to Vesper. It takes a little more sailing to the east across another line to be able to reach Moonglow and the Fish-Market. If a Friend has a boat parked at the market - you can recall to their boat and take a rowboat onto the dock to complete the quest. Lastly, the starting point off of Buc's Den is not too far from the Serpent Pillar needed to get to Paupau.

I believe that the Buc's Den area is the best to do the quests from.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If a Friend has a boat parked at the market - you can recall to their boat and take a rowboat onto the dock to complete the quest. .
Sorry I dont quite understand this part. My boat is now at SK area, and a chest is filled with delivery to the market. I recall to a friend's boat at the market, and use a rowboat. I talked to the market fish monger. But he wasn't able to find my ship. Did I do something wrong? Thanks :D

T

Tazar

Sorry I dont quite understand this part. My boat is now at SK area, and a chest is filled with delivery to the market. I recall to a friend's boat at the market, and use a rowboat. I talked to the market fish monger. But he wasn't able to find my ship. Did I do something wrong? Thanks :D
Your boat must be on the same "subserver" as the fish monger for him to be able to find your ship-hold to complete the quest... You'll have to sail close - just not all the way saving you time.

Check this stratics page for a map of the server lines in Trammel and Felucca and maybe it will help to actually see the areas. (Map with server lines is the last one so scroll down a ways).