• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing question

L

lancelot99

I have a very small house, and recently found an area where i can have a larger house....

how do i go about building the 2nd home?

I read i have to get rid of my old home, but what about all the items i have in my old home?
maybe not enough room in my bank....

Njjj

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can place a second home. The first one will then go into an irreversible decay mode. You will then have a period of time to transfer your stuff before the first house collapses. Once your stuff is out, you can get refund on the value of the house by demolishing it through the house sign.

K

Kayne

Blue beetles are your friends when it comes to a house transfer

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have up to 5 days to move before your original house falls. Though tbh, I've never taken more than 24 hours over it. :D

L

lancelot99

Well, as stated in previous posts, just new back, so first thing i did was place a small tower douth of Luna until i get sorted...

now found a nice place so time to move....

Still, a nightmare trying to find an Imbuer on the Europa shard...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm, I have one, but I don't usually do it for people cos I'm crap at working out the math.

L

lancelot99

:)

Well, i have just spent the last 2 weeks back scraping together all my unused items to afforthe virtuoso suit... (clean up brit)

and it needs imbuing (post on it in the Europa shard forum)

K

Kayne

If you're lucky Serafi might appear and see your post and be able to help you Lancelot. Give it time

L

lancelot99

Thankfully, i have loads still to do...

Tame a decent Greater drag
Get to 120 Discord (117.5 and climbing)
Transfer my goods to new house

So, many weeks of stuff to do there hehe

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One piece of solid advice I offer anyone moving homes… if you have any sizable stash of resources (ingots, leather, woods, ect.): Make sure you get a “Commodity Deed Box”. It's a first year vet reward that can save you DAYS in packing up an old house. Countless packies worth of goods reduced to a bag full of deeds. Priceless.

Last time I moved my main house, max storage to max storage, it took 3 days solid just to move the bulk goodies and I was quite worn out, let me tell you. Then… it couldn’t have been any more then 2 or 3 weeks after I was done moving, they came out with the “Commodity Deed Box”. Oh… I was banging my head on the wall. :) hehe

Also… even though the risk is low these days, I’m sure… you are better off not using packies if you can (horse and llama). The blue beetle, you sit on, will not easily get away from you. Just thought I’d throw that in.

N

nynyve

One piece of solid advice I offer anyone moving homes… if you have any sizable stash of resources (ingots, leather, woods, ect.): Make sure you get a “Commodity Deed Box”. It's a first year vet reward that can save you DAYS in packing up an old house. Countless packies worth of goods reduced to a bag full of deeds. Priceless.

Last time I moved my main house, max storage to max storage, it took 3 days solid just to move the bulk goodies and I was quite worn out, let me tell you. Then… it couldn’t have been any more then 2 or 3 weeks after I was done moving, they came out with the “Commodity Deed Box”. Oh… I was banging my head on the wall. :) hehe

Whatever you do, DO NOT lock the commodity deed box next to an outside wall. We appear to have lost many millions of gold in filled commodity deeds due to theft EA has yet to respond in this issue.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever you do, DO NOT lock the commodity deed box next to an outside wall. We appear to have lost many millions of gold in filled commodity deeds due to theft EA has yet to respond in this issue.
Are you sure it wasn’t set to anyone? This is a new issue to me. Mine is placed inside, away from the wall… never issue one with that one or the 3 others I have. 1 I actually use as a carry around, when needed… so it's secured, used, removed… when the call comes. Wish they had them around years ago… but in all honesty, what irks me the most… when they were first presented to us, they were a green metal box. This green wooden box is easy to loose.

N

nynyve

Are you sure it wasn’t set to anyone? This is a new issue to me. Mine is placed inside, away from the wall… never issue one with that one or the 3 others I have. 1 I actually use as a carry around, when needed… so it's secured, used, removed… when the call comes. Wish they had them around years ago… but in all honesty, what irks me the most… when they were first presented to us, they were a green metal box. This green wooden box is easy to loose.
Yes. The house was private. It has always been private, and is used by only my husband's characters & mine. The box was not moved, unlocked, etc. It has remained in the same place since it was originally put in place over 2 years ago. There would be no good reason to move the box, since it was perfectly placed for our crafting needs. There were between 8-16 commodity deeds of each mage reg, multiple iron deeds etc. and more in this box.

The deeds were either lost in the great account migration or looted, because the box was on an outside wall. Other people have lost items as well.

Either way, no explanation has been forthcoming from EA, which I consider unacceptable. All queries have been ignored.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nynyve... babe, that's very disturbing. Yikes. My CDBs are tucked away in locked rooms. Public houses, but locked doors. Anything to keep sneaks away from work areas. You know. Sure makes you rethink the safety of them when, after all these years, this is the first I’ve herd any issue.

But… you know how it is. If staffers paychecks depended on effecting results, we would have an amazing and bug-free game. :)