• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I've discovered that mining is needed to find treasure map locations

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a two year break, and random location maps, I don't know what I'm going to do. My lock pick hand is itching to open up a high level chest to see what changes have been made, but I can't seem to find the location!

Any help?

vexyvixen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: So lost, can't figure out how to find t-map location

Some people use UO Cartographer or another map program, but I don't. I made a world map of each facet. I look at the world map to see the general area of where I need to be. Then I go to the general spot for the treasure map and make a local map. I have 100 mining so I can dig within 10 tiles of the actual spot. I just keep digging all around where the needle is until I find it. Sometimes I find it right away and sometimes it takes a while. Once I find it and dig it up then I mark a rune to it and lock the completed treasure map and rune down on the floor of my house so if I get that same treasure map again I'll be able to go directly to it. There are treasure map libraries also that you can check out.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have no mining, but I guess I can get other members with it to join me. I've been unable to find a library on Lake Austin that has the recent map locations, all of the old ones are in there.

I do like the idea of marking a rune and placing it on the map after you've completed it, I'll start doing that as I build up my stack.

Anyone else?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I had to break down and add mining, glad I have soulstones

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
even with 100 mining and UOC it takes me 5-15 minutes to find the typical map.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently I use EC. Previously I used CC with screencap method. It typically takes me 1 - 2 minutes to locate the chest using careful study of the terrain. I have 0 mining.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What can your screencap method and a careful study of the terrain tell you about this map location? ;)