• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What will eject mannequins from a house?

Korik Bloodguard

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya,

I had an odd thing happen tonight - my mannequins were bumped out of my castle and placed under the sign. I wasn't in the house at the time.

Any thoughts?

:)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very odd. I placed 5 in one of my houses, as filler, and nothing has happened to them... yet. Could be a bug, considering they are brand new and there is a problem between lack of testing and items being given to us. The vet player statues have been broken for almost as many years as we've had them. lol. Otherwise, the best I can think of is that it could have been going into construction mode. Even then... if you didnt, werent even around... report the bug. MAYBE that will help.

Disenchanted

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I read somewhere that if the house is private they will be placed under the sign. They seem to act like vendors.

Fermi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had this happen before. I place them when the house is public then I change to private and the manniquins pop out under the house sign.

S

soulstoner

After/When they pop out under the sign - were/are you able to retrieve:
  • a) what they were wearing; as well as
  • b) the mannequin itself???

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After/When they pop out under the sign - were/are you able to retrieve:
  • a) what they were wearing; as well as
  • b) the mannequin itself???
I had this happen and I was able to get my mannequin and the items without any trouble.

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, I have had this happen as well, it is caused by making your home private when they were placed while it was public, they will indeed pop under your house sign, have no fear everything is retrievable it just takes time pulling the items off each one and redeeding the mannequin.

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the mannequins can be placed in private homes as well as public, when placing them there is no difference, There is still the possible problem when switching from private to public or vice versa. And also the problem with co-owned or even friends of the home with the mannequins in it being able to access the items. I havent found this to be true on my accounts but it looks like it could very well be an issue, I would like to assume that anyone I friend or co-own wouldnt do such a thing but you just never know.

S

soulstoner

Just did a test. A character friend-ed to my house was able to swap cloths with my mannequin and all other mannequin ops...

BE CAREFUL WHOM YOU FRIEND TO YOUR HOME IF YOU SET UP A MANNEQUIN ....
I WAS ABLE TO SWAP OUTFITS WITH MY FRIENDS MANNEQUIN FROM OUTSIDE THEIR KEEP WHERE THEY HAD THE NEW FISHER, BARD & BEAST SUITS ON DISPLAY.
Damn that's so wrong.... will post to bugs

S

soulstoner

Well looks like they've been working on the mannequin security (amongst other bugs) - releasing to Origin this evening ....

UO Herald

EDIT: Tested with Friend of house and mannequin appears fixed & secure after the Nov 30 Patch... Friend is no longer able to manipulate the mannequin - only open its paper-doll.