• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Brightening up large tower floors

N

nynyve

I am looking for some ways of brightening up the floors of my large tower, preferably using carpet tiles or other methods.

The dark gray is getting me down, but the flooring can't be too busy, because I do not want it to clash with the existing & new deco.

I tried using natural stain, but wasn't happy with the results.

A

Analayla

There's always gozas, but to me that doesnt look very nice at all unless it's undyed or dyed black (which defeats the purpose of your request). I would suggest using the carpet floors and covering the entire floor of a room with the "middle" piece of carpeting. That makes it look like the floor is just carpeted and you don't have to deal with the clutter of the outside pieces. For more variety, pick different colors for every room. This allows you to customize to the decoration theme of each room if you so choose. I suggest the gold color carpet, as gold can go with a lot of colors if you don't dye it and it dyes fairly nicely.

C

Conrad99

I like the use of carpets to fill the void in rooms. This is the ground floor of my castle. I have a lot of chest for storage reasons.

Attachments

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May I suggest moderation? A floor full of carpeting doesn’t work very well. A big thing I hate about this “new” carpet system is that it doesn’t act like the gaza add-on deeds or the token carpets. Highlighting every space you have your pointer on is annoying. Click the wrong spot… with an accidental double click, you loose the square. Lame. I have some… don’t like them, stay away from them when I can. When you think about it, they could have just made the carpet parts in deeds that LOOK like carpet parts.

I also think houses full of gaza mats are tacky… forget the mass amount of lag and load up time. In the olden days, this would crash the client on your computer.

Frankly, if you want advice on this topic… I would stick with deeded floor décor. Heritage token carpets, bear skin rugs, there are 3 different craftable pentagrams… forget the new vet carpets and that codex one, that’s far beyond way too big. There are also virtue tiles… and right now, with spring cleaning… you can collect them all. :)

Also… if you can find them, and afford them… there are glowing runes from the primeval lich spawn. Whatever I do, my style… I try to keep in mind realistic rules when building and decorating houses. Not the rules of what the game allows us to do. Long before vacuum cleaners, carpets were limited to what you could carry out to the back yard and beat until all the dust came out. Imagine hauling a carpet as big as your house outside.

C

Conrad99

Evil Pixie,

I also like to decorate like it was real. I just figure that since I own a castle I would have enough gold to have workers to roll the carpets up and drag them outside to clean them. It's their problem as how to hang them and bang them. I am sure they would figure it out if thier life depended on it. If workers can build a pyramid (well before the middle ages era) they can drag some carpets outside. Hell that is what the workers are for. I would never do it myself, I am a Lord!!!! at least in game. Real life I am a worker

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when I was little there was a rug cleaning business down the road from us.. most people back then didn't have wall to wall carpeting (yes, I'm that old) and vacuuming or even taking them out and beating them only worked for just so long, eventually they needed professional cleaning

one side of the building had big doors on the second floor with huge timbers running out from the building... on the timbers big pulleys and very thick ropes and the rugs would hang there for days on end drying out

like I said, I was little, and those beams maybe weren't as massive as my child's memory sees them... was fun to go by there and see the different patterns of carpets... but I never did see how they lifted them up there, must have been those pyramid workers ;)

N

nynyve

when I was little there was a rug cleaning business down the road from us.. most people back then didn't have wall to wall carpeting (yes, I'm that old) and vacuuming or even taking them out and beating them only worked for just so long, eventually they needed professional cleaning

one side of the building had big doors on the second floor with huge timbers running out from the building... on the timbers big pulleys and very thick ropes and the rugs would hang there for days on end drying out

like I said, I was little, and those beams maybe weren't as massive as my child's memory sees them... was fun to go by there and see the different patterns of carpets... but I never did see how they lifted them up there, must have been those pyramid workers ;)
When I was young, people in Germany still beat their rugs with wicker beaters. Little girls even got miniature rug beaters...The invention of the vacuum sure made life easier.

Anyway the floors that need brightening up are a living room and bedroom.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well… things in the old country can still function like they did way back in the day. No, I’m not that old… and I love wall to wall carpeting. hehe. But if you can believe it, the first vacuum “systems” were much like the vans that come around to clean your carpets these days. A massive truck-pulled vacuum with long hoses that would get all the dirt out without taking up anything. I don’t quite remember if that was a coal/steam or fuel powered system… maybe ‘Devilsown’ remembers. ;) I’m sure that system ‘sucked’, but was cutting edge technology at the time. But like all things… once upon a time, computers took up entire floors of a building to do simple math.

By the way Conrad99, I wasn’t directing that comment to you. Yours are well within realistic sizes. I’m just thinking back to the countless decorating mistakes I’ve seen over the years.

C

Conrad99

By the way Conrad99, I wasn’t directing that comment to you. Yours are well within realistic sizes. I’m just thinking back to the countless decorating mistakes I’ve seen over the years.[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

I understand Pixie I did not take it that way. I liked your response I was just having fun with it a little and role paying like the Lords made thier workers do things and if they did not then they were "elimintaed" regardless of how hard the task was.