• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TRICK OR TREAT IS ON

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The animation for the killer pumpkins are insanely awesome :)

After last year I had so many named pumpkins I ran out of storage. This was after a few town gatherings to trade with other players! So for me it's a nice change to go after collecting the named masks.

Queen Zen, the pumpkins are not that hard to kill unless a pure crafter. If you don't have necro you can still use the goat. Just put the pumpkins in a bag first before feeding him so he doesn't shy away.

Thanks Grimm for the fun this year!
Halloween is my favorite time of year, Air (as you well know). Glad I could put in some extra time to put in some coolness for this holiday, and I'm especially glad you are enjoying it!!

-Grimm

T

Trebr Drab

WHOOOO HOOOO! I got ya Mask Grim!!! :)
Sweeet!!! That's great!

-Grimm
I got one too, Grimm.

Hey, on a side note can we, by any chance, get tomatoes to throw at things? With a nice splatttt?

Seriously, this was a very good effort all the way around on this pumpkin part. Including the little puzzle of how to quickly dispose of the pumpkins.

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got one too, Grimm.

Hey, on a side note can we, by any chance, get tomatoes to throw at things? With a nice splatttt?

Seriously, this was a very good effort all the way around on this pumpkin part. Including the little puzzle of how to quickly dispose of the pumpkins.
Glad to hear it - on both counts! Tomatoes with a splat? Hmm, not sure about that one.

Cheers!

Grimm

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Got a Supreem mask earlier... No Grimm mask yet, but I'll keep trying. Being able to be zoomed out a ways with a gameplay window that fills a 23in widescreen monitor makes it MUCH easier to watch those larger fields in Britain... just sayin' :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The graphics are unprecedented. Thanks for putting in the time Grimm. Glad we still have someone who :heart:s UO as much as we do.

T

tiggertessa2007

hey Grimm great job on those killer pumpkins "from outer space?" =) was wonderin if we could just randomly have zombies popping up annoying people, or bats or boggles... they wouldnt even really have to have anything special on them, but if that did it would be a nice plus =)

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
always wondered why they didnt add normal pumpkins you could use a blade on and make your own jackolantern.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice to see they put a lot of extra thought into one of the most popular holiday besides the sales pitch Christmas.

*Copy*
*Paste*
*Add lame mask*
/end

zzzzzzz....

Korik Bloodguard

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may say I'm a whiner for complaining about the Trick or Treating...

But since it's inception Trick or Treating has been something I quite fondly look forward to... So Having it "spoiled" by taking away from last years fun as well as having it have the "same ole same ole" rewards pretty much takes the fun right out of it... So now after waiting a whole year to have some fun on my beggar... I'm sad to find that they took away the cool cloth gathering... and left me with the same rewards. That may excite you if you hadn't been there done that last year..... but as for me I'm not excited... I'm disappointed, yet again.

And you think I should be "happy" about it?

I'm hoping there is more to Halloween this season... And I'm hoping to hear about Vet rewards... but lately getting tired of the disappointment.

Tired of bugs... tired of waiting... tired of the lack of communication... and tired of dealing with them messing up all my account stuff.

I have given praise where it is due... Truly the killer pumpkins are awesome... killer even... I'm hoping next year they make them available somehow as a container that when turned "on" has that cool head pop up when you walk by... wouldn't that be sweet... but perhaps that's asking too much.

One can always dream and hope...

But if you don't tell them what is "wrong" or displeasing about an event or something how will they know to improve things??? Folk complain about being given the same ole same ole stuff... and all the "rehueing"...... of things renaming of rehued items.... and you wonder why they can't come up with new stuff.... well if you tell them it's awesome all the time why would they bother??? If you say "Hey! I'm kinda tired of the same ole same ole show here!" Maybe they might change it...

But no go ahead pat them on the back for spoiling the fun and giving us the same ole thing as last year... just go right ahead... and next year when it's the same ole thing x3... then tell me how exciting you think it is.
I agree. Circlejerk communities get no progress because they just sit around congratulating each other on a job poorly done. Some people dig old content, but there's nothing wrong with wanting content which appeals to them.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Halloween is my favorite time of year, Air (as you well know). Glad I could put in some extra time to put in some coolness for this holiday, and I'm especially glad you are enjoying it!!

-Grimm

The new evil pumpkins are very cool and fun, good job !!

Just to know, do you mind telling us whether, for the trick or treat, you put in any new reward, albeit a hard drop, or not ?

It is very OK if there is nothing new, so, this is by no means at all any sort of complaint.

It is only that a lot of players would only like to know whether there is a chance at anything new with Trick or Treat before spending countless hours of their time only to end up getting the same stuff which they already got last year. Your hint could be a great time saver to many players, thanks.

Can you also please confirm that this year the colored clothing cannot be cut up and last year it was only possible due to a bug which it has been fixed now ? Thanks again.

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Grimm, seeing as how you are around I was wondering if you can give us a heads up. Some folks are considering the possibility of there being player named masks in this thread http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-rares-collector/252343-halloween-mask-thread.html ... Any way you can give us an up or down on it :D
Actually, that and the zombie ideas wouldn't be my call, so I can't really give you any sort of answer on that!

-Grimm

*EDIT : Added WOULDN'T to my comment above*

Hell's Ironworks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The killer pumpkins with the masks are cool indeed. Are there any rarer variants? One that talks or one that is hued in a different color?

And if thats all the content for this year, would it be hard to turn back on the invasions with the generals? Me likes invasions.. :)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should have made em equippable costumes that transform you into the appropriate killer pumpkin type for the mask in addition to being deco with the names. Would have only needed a paperdoll sprite for each mask like the haloween costume a few years ago since you'd never be able to hold one normally.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would James Woods say when he opens a killer pumkin corpse?

T

Trebr Drab

You may say I'm a whiner for complaining about the Trick or Treating...

But since it's inception Trick or Treating has been something I quite fondly look forward to... So Having it "spoiled" by taking away from last years fun as well as having it have the "same ole same ole" rewards pretty much takes the fun right out of it... So now after waiting a whole year to have some fun on my beggar... I'm sad to find that they took away the cool cloth gathering... and left me with the same rewards. That may excite you if you hadn't been there done that last year..... but as for me I'm not excited... I'm disappointed, yet again.

And you think I should be "happy" about it?

I'm hoping there is more to Halloween this season... And I'm hoping to hear about Vet rewards... but lately getting tired of the disappointment.

Tired of bugs... tired of waiting... tired of the lack of communication... and tired of dealing with them messing up all my account stuff.

I have given praise where it is due... Truly the killer pumpkins are awesome... killer even... I'm hoping next year they make them available somehow as a container that when turned "on" has that cool head pop up when you walk by... wouldn't that be sweet... but perhaps that's asking too much.

One can always dream and hope...

But if you don't tell them what is "wrong" or displeasing about an event or something how will they know to improve things??? Folk complain about being given the same ole same ole stuff... and all the "rehueing"...... of things renaming of rehued items.... and you wonder why they can't come up with new stuff.... well if you tell them it's awesome all the time why would they bother??? If you say "Hey! I'm kinda tired of the same ole same ole show here!" Maybe they might change it...

But no go ahead pat them on the back for spoiling the fun and giving us the same ole thing as last year... just go right ahead... and next year when it's the same ole thing x3... then tell me how exciting you think it is.
I agree. Circlejerk communities get no progress because they just sit around congratulating each other on a job poorly done. Some people dig old content, but there's nothing wrong with wanting content which appeals to them.
I keep thinking about this and wondering, are you folks knocking on the wrong doors? I mean, it seems unlike the staff to not do something special here when they went out of their way to do so well in the Pumpkin patch.

Are there any NPCs around those patches that might be possibilities? Who are you hitting up and who could you be?

D

DarkScripture

Ok two requests ... We need something evil related to equip.. Also need something strong to spawn in the grave yards.. The grave yards are the most fun on the Halloween events..

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It'd be nice if the spawn of killer pumpkins were bumped up a bit, even tending to the patches "properly" it takes quite a while of waiting for one to show up. I'd take a lowered drop rate on the masks in exchange for a higher spawn rate of killer pumpkins.

D

DarkScripture

It'd be nice if the spawn of killer pumpkins were bumped up a bit, even tending to the patches "properly" it takes quite a while of waiting for one to show up. I'd take a lowered drop rate on the masks in exchange for a higher spawn rate of killer pumpkins.
You and I usually agree but this time I would have to say the spawn is fine.. I spent a couple hours this morn in the patches and walked away with 12 masks, from 22 kills. Even seen you run by me a couple of times.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

You and I usually agree but this time I would have to say the spawn is fine.. I spent a couple hours this morn in the patches and walked away with 12 masks, from 22 kills. Even seen you run by me a couple of times.
I came to ask them to turn it down.
People are already throwing them on the ground.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

One thing I noticed about the pumpkins/masks, two of the masks have complimentary themes.

The Evil Clown mask seems to have the Blue Oni theme which also occurs if the Pumpkin has this mask as its creature model as the fire portion of the spirit that infests the pumpkin is blue.

The Daemon Mask seems to have the Red Oni theme which also occurs if the Pumpkin has this mask as its creature model as the fire portion of the spirit that infests the pumpkin is red.

Haven't really pegged what the Plague mask is all about yet though.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have to comment on just how cool these killer pumpkins look and how they are causing me no lag at all. My computer is an old hunk of junk so that’s really really impressive. They did an amazing job making them look so nice.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The graphics are unprecedented. Thanks for putting in the time Grimm. Glad we still have someone who :heart:s UO as much as we do.
Agreed! I'm afraid of clowns in real life and the clown mask actually scares me lol. There's no way I'm going to hang it in my house. :)

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should have made em equippable costumes that transform you into the appropriate killer pumpkin type for the mask in addition to being deco with the names. Would have only needed a paperdoll sprite for each mask like the haloween costume a few years ago since you'd never be able to hold one normally.
^Yes.

But I have to admit, I too thought the graphic animation of the swirly black-whatever-mask-trail was awesome, and must give in to praise!

Speaking of costumes, or future costumes, while I like how the old costumes were designed as if we were to participate in a masquerade, I would have liked the costumes to be more like the bloody sash or better yet, a belt, perhaps, since no one uses the belt slot, really, except ninjas. Because holding a mask in your hand means you can't do anything but RP...would be cool to do a dungeon crawl as zombies, etc....

I came to ask them to turn it down.
People are already throwing them on the ground.
Those fools! Don't they know they could be turn-ins in 2014! ;P

T

Trebr Drab

Agreed! I'm afraid of clowns in real life and the clown mask actually scares me lol. There's no way I'm going to hang it in my house. :)
I hung mine in my horse stall.

The next morning my horses were gone!!

:mf_prop:

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being a non-active player, I mostly play around the holidays when we get treats! So, my wish for simpler pumpkin collecting; a quest (extremely easy) with a reward of bottle of pumpkin elixir with timer which allows when drunk, consumer to consume unlimited number of pumpkins! Now we could farm for the elixirs and the masks! :popcorn:

Thanks Dev for the Treats! Masks are very nice.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being a non-active player, I mostly play around the holidays when we get treats! So, my wish for simpler pumpkin collecting; a quest (extremely easy) with a reward of bottle of pumpkin elixir with timer which allows when drunk, consumer to consume unlimited number of pumpkins! Now we could farm for the elixirs and the masks! :popcorn:

Thanks Dev for the Treats! Masks are very nice.
Or a 1000 use pumpkin smasher for 1000 turn in points!