• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fisherman's suit

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After fishing for the rare fish with bait, I have to assume that the chances of catching one is at least 500 to 1. I suspect that it is much greater than this.

The fishing suit increases bait strength 50%, if I remember right. Using the 500 to 1 example, the suit should give you a huge increase to 500 to 1.5. How can this be worth the price for the suit and the imbuing necessary to make it workable?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After fishing for the rare fish with bait, I have to assume that the chances of catching one is at least 500 to 1. I suspect that it is much greater than this.

The fishing suit increases bait strength 50%, if I remember right. Using the 500 to 1 example, the suit should give you a huge increase to 500 to 1.5. How can this be worth the price for the suit and the imbuing necessary to make it workable?
it's made for charybdis... so you can avoid to waste all your bait for failing to catch him...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not sure how well that 50% bump is, have not tested it yet.

BUT

EPIC fail on the dang Dev's imho.... How in the heck is the Hat not dyed to match the rest of the suit?? :loser:

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's say that charybdis is a 1 in 10 chance to pull up (I don't know the exact odds), then a 50% suit which doubles the strength of the bait should give you a 1.5 in 10 chance of pulling him up. Correct me if I am wrong, but a 100% increase in strength would only be a 2 in 10 chance. Seems to me that the suit is still almost useless.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's made for charybdis... so you can avoid to waste all your bait for failing to catch him...

Where does it say that? Are you saying it only works for charybdis bait?? I want to avoid wasting my regular bait! *shakes her head*