• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does Felucca mirror Trammel for house placement

S

scifibob67

I've been looking to place a castle and I thought I got lucky. I found an open clearing in Felucca Yew. I checked the same spot in Trammel and there was a castle there. Every spot I tried to drop the castle it said invalid location. I could place a keep there but expected to be able to place a castle. Are there any castle spots left anywhere????

C

Crack Head Bob

For the most part yes, Trammel and Felucca mirror each other. There are some bugged spots in Fel on older shards though. Odd spots that will block placement. Try around the area with a smaller home till you find the bugged spot. It has caused me a few problems over the years. If you would like a hand, feel free to send a PM. I enjoy the challange.

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been looking to place a castle and I thought I got lucky. I found an open clearing in Felucca Yew. I checked the same spot in Trammel and there was a castle there. Every spot I tried to drop the castle it said invalid location. I could place a keep there but expected to be able to place a castle. Are there any castle spots left anywhere????
You can message me as well if you need a hand.

atlanticScorpion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the past you could place a castle with a tree in the court yard or on a keep place so that the tree was in the empty spot in the wall. But I think they changed that and made those spots blocked. I had a rune that I could recall to the inside the walls spot on a keep. But now when I recall it say you have been redirected to a safe spot and end up under the sign. There might be castle spots left on baja shard but who cares. Good luck

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the past you could place a castle with a tree in the court yard or on a keep place so that the tree was in the empty spot in the wall. But I think they changed that and made those spots blocked. I had a rune that I could recall to the inside the walls spot on a keep. But now when I recall it say you have been redirected to a safe spot and end up under the sign. There might be castle spots left on baja shard but who cares. Good luck
On great lakes in fel by the swamp above brit I placed a castle couple weeks ago, the court yard as a tree in it. yup you can still do it. For keeps i think its the type of tree that will fit in those empty spots.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well… this is a wonderful question and I hope I don’t get in trouble for this, but I have been watching Tram for 10 years. I was still new back before AoS, when the house decay freeze drove prices into orbit. Even a small marble house was extremely hard to get on Atlantic shard.

I’ve noticed “suspicious” house placement in a few different spots. Square cut-outs of trees so a house will fit… houses in spots I could never place when housing was hard to find. Now, those small houses are long gone… but you have to wonder how much was player cheating and how much was staffer cheating. I’ve noticed on test shards… and sometimes in traveling, where a single tree is missing that would make a difference between many smaller houses and a keep placement. Who’s to say what modifications made the transition from the old staff when Fel was copied to Tram, depending on shards. All I know is that 10 years ago… there was no big space for a full tower next to the Tram brigand camp… and now there is a full tower. hehe. Near my house/town is a very clear square cut out for a house. I’ve never seen very sloppy work in the original design of our land, so I have to wonder. Sloppy, being lack of attention to detail. They did good work back in the day.

Oh, and those few small houses that I was wondering about, bad then… I checked many other shards and none had those houses in those spots. Never thought of wasting time and energy in checking Atlantic Fel.

I’ve also seen tricky castle placement with trees inside… something I could never even stomach the idea to attempt, even if I had the opportunity. I also passed on a suspicious keep once… that had a tree sitting in the north 2nd level floor. That couldn’t have been a legal placement.

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as the trees fit inside the walls and have one tile free around them on all 9 sides the house will place. For castles this is the front and back courtyards only and for keeps it is the 3 inner walls.

Lots are placed this way legally. When you have placed over a thousand like myself over the years and played 6 shards doing it you just get to know the spots and how they place. :)

Well… this is a wonderful question and I hope I don’t get in trouble for this, but I have been watching Tram for 10 years. I was still new back before AoS, when the house decay freeze drove prices into orbit. Even a small marble house was extremely hard to get on Atlantic shard.

I’ve noticed “suspicious” house placement in a few different spots. Square cut-outs of trees so a house will fit… houses in spots I could never place when housing was hard to find. Now, those small houses are long gone… but you have to wonder how much was player cheating and how much was staffer cheating. I’ve noticed on test shards… and sometimes in traveling, where a single tree is missing that would make a difference between many smaller houses and a keep placement. Who’s to say what modifications made the transition from the old staff when Fel was copied to Tram, depending on shards. All I know is that 10 years ago… there was no big space for a full tower next to the Tram brigand camp… and now there is a full tower. hehe. Near my house/town is a very clear square cut out for a house. I’ve never seen very sloppy work in the original design of our land, so I have to wonder. Sloppy, being lack of attention to detail. They did good work back in the day.

Oh, and those few small houses that I was wondering about, bad then… I checked many other shards and none had those houses in those spots. Never thought of wasting time and energy in checking Atlantic Fel.

I’ve also seen tricky castle placement with trees inside… something I could never even stomach the idea to attempt, even if I had the opportunity. I also passed on a suspicious keep once… that had a tree sitting in the north 2nd level floor. That couldn’t have been a legal placement.

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
trees inside courtyards of castles are possible along with the 3 open spots in keeps, I am a very active IDOCer and have placed my share of homes, including castles and keeps where you have too hop trees. Trick is counting tiles, and figure out the best possible spot you can plot too hop a tree or even a rock. I am not an expert but I do know it is possible to plot over trees, most people dont waste the time too count tiles and It very well could be your ticket too a castle. Just keep that in mind.