• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

QUESTION About Placing Houses

D

Dekadun

So I stumbled upon a Keep that collapsed today. I was running around, looking for a spot to place a Keep and got lucky. There were tons of items on the ground. I was pumped.

So I placed a Keep in the spot of the old one, and all of the items disappeared! I just returned to UO after a break. Back in the old days, if you placed a house over items from a house that had just collapsed, the items would move directly under the house sign and you would be free to take them anywhere.

My question: Is this deletion normal now? Do items just disappear if you place over them now? I paged GM's twice but didn't get a response. Most of the items were really nice deco/add-ons and I was going to use them. It's a shame that they just get deleted instead of getting some use.

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not aware of this happening however IDOCs are turned off and have been for a month due to account mitigation issues and only ones falling are ones placed or acquired by players which causes their old ones to decay.

I've never seen the items disappear and you are correct they should have appeared under the sign so seems something is bugged there.

So I stumbled upon a Keep that collapsed today. I was running around, looking for a spot to place a Keep and got lucky. There were tons of items on the ground. I was pumped.

So I placed a Keep in the spot of the old one, and all of the items disappeared! I just returned to UO after a break. Back in the old days, if you placed a house over items from a house that had just collapsed, the items would move directly under the house sign and you would be free to take them anywhere.

My question: Is this deletion normal now? Do items just disappear if you place over them now? I paged GM's twice but didn't get a response. Most of the items were really nice deco/add-ons and I was going to use them. It's a shame that they just get deleted instead of getting some use.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easiest way to testing this is to do it on the Test Shard and see if items vanish.

Where they actual items or where they deco items (like old pictures, banners etc that you need deeds for?)

D

Dekadun

Interesting..
There were lots of bags and chests full of add-on deeds.
I snagged a few bags before placing a new one, so it wasn't a total loss.
There were some miscellaneous armor pieces and jewelry that were garbage, but that's it, really.
This is where the Keep was, and where I placed the new one.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm the picture seems broken :-s It seems strange that this happened although not unheard off. In the past sometimes hosues placed over items, the items would remain where they were 'under' the house and you would have to call a GM to retreive them. In these days however you'll be lucky to get a GM to respond before the items decay. :/