• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which server is better for housing for me?

M

Morpheus2

Hi, I'm new and have not made a character yet because of the account thingy going on and I can't create an account yet. But I downloaded and installed the client. I prefer an East US server between NY and Chicago if possible for best connection I guess from what I have read on-line. So, out of those, which would I have the best chance to find an open house plot on?

Thanks

T

Tazar

You can find an open house plot on any shard - even Atlantic. For Atlantic, it will probably be a smaller plot - but they are out there. Atlantic has the biggest population overall.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lots of spots on Legends :) and most likely a good connection for ya

lower population, but what we lack in numbers we make up for in heart!

N

Numtinae

Go for Atlantic, it has the best population and you'll have no problem finding a location for housing.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i'd recommend creating chars on a few of the east coast shards and running around for a while, seeing what you can find for housing spots. i have seen spots on atlantic too, but you'd be limited to a pretty small house (like 9x12). if you're looking for a bigger house i'd recommend great lakes or lake superior. both have decent populations and would have more housing options. good luck!

M

Morpheus2

Thanks for advice all. :)

Ok, thanks for the advice everyone. :) I just quit WoW to come play UO because of the housing. I would love to have my own house. I have a WoW friend that used to play UO a long time ago and he said when he used to play, there were very little places to place a house any more. So, I guess that's changed. Also, what facet should I look on. I know I don't want feluca because I'm not much of a Pvper.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ilshenar has no housing

Tokuno is limited and generally full excepting small plots

Ter Mur is pretty much full

Malas allows no keeps or castles and if you want maximum size plot (18x18) this is likely where you'll find space for that on any shard... and the only blue water in Malas is in Gravewater Lake (but you can't put a boat in there)

Trammel is open for all type housing, with the exception of Magencia ... I don't think any plot there will accomodate a keep or castle

P

PuddyMae

Dont forget to give Siege a chance. You will have to have the skill points or renounce your young player status to see it on the list. There are plenty of house spots around and plenty of nice friendly people. There are reds lurking around but most of the time I hardly see them. Its a great shard for crafting also and you will meet players to sell goods to. Read about the Poll for Siege on UHall. The NEW guild is a great spot to start. Give it a try, you may like it.

Sara Dale

C

Capn Kranky

I'm upstate NY and play LA with no issues. Plenty housing ... altho small population.

B

Baciver of CCC

I'll throw my two cents in. Origin is a low population shard, that is the bad part. Housing is wide open. I placed a castle less than 2 weeks ago and know of several spots for large towers. Haven't really tried placing any Keeps, preferring Large Towers(design) or Castles for the tons of lockdowns.

B

Barry Manilow

Go for Atlantic, it has the best population and you'll have no problem finding a location for housing.
I don't know why people want new players to go to Altantic, espeically if they are looking for house plot. For one it's overcrowded, the spam just from PvPers is annoying. Popular hunting spots are camped, the prices for anything is extremely overpriced. Which is a very bad thing for a new player.

I say if you want a happy medium of population and somewhat playable shard, go for a medium population shard like catskills, great lakes, etc. If you want to build a nice fortune with a possible castle/keep plot then go to Legends, or other east coast low popuation shard.

I perfer to be on a lower pop shard with a castle, over a 7x7 plot on altantic. Fighting over spawns and paying outrageous prices for stuff you can get on other shards for a fraction of the price.

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
havent played Baja for a while,but housing would be easy there and the people there are more than willing to hook a new guy up.Big time role playing community and some really nice people as well.