• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So Hows Catskills ?

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I see there is another DOM around here. I was the Pally/Melee arty (censored)(rhymes with boar).
Briefly was in GoL. Had a GM crafter Armani (whom I can still see on the Japanese MyUo website). DirtyOldMan is dust in the wind...

Its been a very long time. Names I remember from GoL: Sparhawk, Goku, Seven(sevra/sevenofnine - guild diplomat she was)...

Sadly, I do not recall pertinent info, and I've given EA every email addy under the sun to no avail. Whats the state of the game these days ? I've been reading up on uoguide, and am I correct that there is no more daily skill/stat gain cap (except seige/mugen) ? I can always farm more stuff, its just frustrating to lose the time, I believe I had just hit 1 yr. But....

Spent alot of time on DirtyOldMan farming for gold/drops in Blood (blood elems and balrons if i recall correctly) and killing Para Demons and Ancient Wyrms (they were fun even with slayer lance, tweaked pally and armored lizard, the strat was 1.Poke them 2. Run like heck from fireball 3. Repeat) Tried PvP but I failed so hard, heh, used to sit at fel yew and watch groups like DB4 or COW go at it.

Armani mostly just farmed for Heartwood stuff.

Hi! Might come back anyway. Out of curiosity does anyone remember DirtyOldMan (I almost didnt get into GoL cause of the name, thankfully Sparhawk knew me in RL from the Navy:D ) or Armani ?

T

Target

Those names sound familiar. Ever hang around Delucia before the tram/fel split?

My memory is getting fuzzy these days...:coco:

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Those names sound familiar. Ever hang around Delucia before the tram/fel split?
No I did not. I started after the split, if by split you mean the creation of Trammel-NoPvP area. No luck on getting old account back with the year on it so far, but as a small consolation the EA fellow I spoke with said he would be able to grant me additional 30 days on the trial. Thats pretty sweet, methinks.

Right now I am trying to decide on what to start off with again, looks like Sampire + a crafter/imbuer

I've seen the Hammer Tools (guaranteed imbue ? wow) as well as advanced char templates, however I am thinking since starting from zero (no house, monies, etc) it would be better to quest/kill from square 1, taking time to relearn system...

After I make up my mind on Atl/Chessy/Cats - Step 1- Read more stuffs, get a feel for the best thing to do on a fresh nub - Samp seems ok, split monies made between leveling and crafter alt (maybe after account website comes back up I can get Armani back, but doubtful) - Thank goodness I got a trial started before they took acct site down.... a whole week to migrate ? meh

Wish they sold 6mth age tokens so I could get the stat boost right away :eek:

-DOM

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
By "Dom" I thought you were talking about me! ;)
My bad.
LOL
Welcome back.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Nope. Lols. Certain people were uncomfortable saying Dirty, or the full name... so they shortened it to DOM. Thx for the welcome.

As I undertand what I read now... assuming you had enough time and energy and including downtimes... you could start with an advanced template (or not) and keep using/training skills/stats all the way to cap in 1 session ?

Used to be capped per day.

Now that I think about it, I used to imbibe quite alot back then, and I may well have traded away Dirty and or Armani toons. I remember who it would have been I'll have to get ahold of them on ye olde facebook and ask.. so if you see an Armani running around craftin please dont hassle em. And on a side-side-side note...

Still trying to catch up from AoS time, and I did play abit during Samurai Empire, since I recall some SE items.. thorough perusal of UO guides, and whatever nub guides I can find here do the trick ?

-DOM (not the whiplady one):D

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Cross some fingers for meh ?

Things with the account are going alot farther than I had anticipated.. sort of..

I did get ahold of the guy I may have traded with in the past, he doesnt play anymore, cant recall info etc. Same with my old navy buddy. They both looted a wife and children in RL some time ago. :D

I remembered an additional old email, a hotmail addy I havent used in AGES, and cant login to anymore. So I responded to the 1st email they sent me with additional info and the ancient email addy.... heres where it gets weird.

The email they sent initial and follow up response to, is not tied to any EA account(that i can remember or login to), but I used it to respond with the ancient email addy, and as much character info and my address info and crossed my fingers....

They wrote me back at 11am -ish EST thid morning saying they were elevating it, says:
----------
Hello David,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing difficulties, and apologize for any inconvenience.

Please be informed that I have escalated your issue to your higher level of support for further assistance and you will be hearing from them as soon as possible. We need your patience till our higher support level gets back to you.

Thank you for your patience and co-operation.

Sincerely,
Allan
EA Online Support
-------------

They also included hyperlink text : We are continuing to work on your issue. If you have more information, update your question here:

Unfortunately, when I clicky, It takes me to.... ea support site login screen ... and when I login with the account name that is currently,sort of, maybe tied to UO.. I get the following :

Permission Denied
You do not have permission to access this document.

So I am now on hold with text chat support, since 7 days a week phone support isnt 7.

Thanks for reading this book! What do you guys and gals think ? Is there any reasonable chance I would be able to retrieve the old account(s) ? I figured they would politley tell me to pack sand, and am surprised that "Hey heres my old toon names, templates, and one more old email addy I didnt give on the phone " caused them to escalate to lvl 2...

Imma be back anyway, since I found alot of info in the "nub" section! Think i'll follow Harlequins post about powerlvln a scriber, trim some sheeps, then maybe start a sampire when all this mess gets sorted out:scholar:

Does the dying still sound vaguely like puking ?:D

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Re: Cross some fingers for meh ?

Why are you trying to get an account back that you gave away?
Just make a new account.

If you check uo.com mainpage you will see that they are doing account migration until the 11th and no one can access their account information anyway.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I started this process before the account migration began. Only last night after talking about it with someone in RL did I recall I may have done the trade. I was actually clicking on the additional info link they sent me, to add that info and let them know that fact.

Then it occurred to me, that they had sent both emails to one of my alternate addresses, which itself is not tied to EA account.

Yes mistress, I am aware of the migration:D

I was pleasantly surprised they were willing to look into it at all, since all teh account stuff is our responsibility as players. So I may or may not have traded it. I was one hell of a lush back in the day, my memory is a bit foggy.

I expected to have to start a new account, and am caught off guard they are even looking at it.

T

Target

If you want a good guide to all the new stuff, I would suggest UOGuide.

I do not know what Stratics currently offers as far as updated skill guides go, but the profession forums may provide what you seek...at least, to the extent of instruction.

However, I've found nothing compares to actually learning from seasoned players who actually use the templates you're looking to put into action.

On this note, there are multiple guilds to fit whatever playstyle suits you- and plenty of good people around.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Target. I've been reading alot on uoguide. Very helpful. If I can upgrade or start a brand new acct, during this migration period, I will do so.

I think I will be able to live w/o use of a bag of sending for oooo 5 secs.

What does one go for on a player vendor (or NPC?). I remember them, roughly 40-50k-ish. i think.... for now id just make do w a bit o recallin.

I will likely get everything except for high seas to start. First step for a meleer will be a barded swampy... hmms as I recall it took 5k ingots + a friendly blacksmith, and the only difference in which ingots was how the swampy looked. I got really attached to mah swampy.

Are doom arties still good to aim for ? DirtyOldMan had amassed a beastly suit, the template I am aiming for is the sampire Pvm one. I would try a gargoyle, except then I can't ride an armored swampy. I never count on being able to stay ranged, even from a mob, when solo.

No matter how much we prepare, somedays the dragon wins eh ?

-DOM (not the whiplady one)

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was before Runic Hammers.. and it was for a collection.
I still have a substantial collection of armour from the old days.

Several sets from Sweet Adeline who was one of the first GM Blacksmiths on Catskills.
Not sure who actually was first.. the first three or four were within minutes of each other.

I bought it simply cause every man should have at least one italian suit and Armani is a well known brand.. (I had gold to throw around them days)

The Gold Plate cost me half a mill! "gasp"

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That suit you made me was called a "dexxer" suit back them DOM... chain and plate combined.

Actually don't remember why I wanted verite but it must have been something I was hunting at the time.

Here's the Adeline plate that set me back 500k:

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/7769/adeline2.gif

Funny how one returning player can bring up whole eras of Ultima I'd forgotten about.

Glad your back!

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks man. I don't think I was around that early... I know The Rock was, that was Sparhawks smith. Still have recall rune to his house.... so weird to see the empty space there next to the GoL dueling tower.

Not sure if I will stay on Cats. Economy doesnt seem to be the best for starting out fresh. Actually needing regs makes me sad panda. DID still find out Dirty still has 2 bonded swampys, 1 armored in stables. Pretty sweet that didnt get poofed.

LOLwhut happend to the bank. I got lol'd at for trying to sell something at Luna. Not a counter offer, not "hey thats crap", just lol why you trying to sell is how I took it hee hee. I suppose I will take my time, level up some nubs.

I am only singing the same old song I am sure everyone does who ever let there account lapse "where o where is all my stuffs". Sadly I must have not put stuff in bank, or it woudl still be there. Likewise anything in the home gone. But does stuff decay off your body ?:D Hee hee yeah you did have some golds to toss around, iirc, you wanted it for looks/display.

Well lessee have DOM the pally/melee, Armani with 120 BS &Tailoring, 100Tinker & Bowyer Fletcher, and Carpentry stuck at 97point something. Way back when, I ran thru everything I had couldnt get 1 more pt in carpentry, it still nutz ? Must have SS'd off Arms Lore *scratches head* Of course Imbuing is new to me, I was like wtf huh ? And of course made a visit to the official uogamecodes.

Got DOM, Armani, and Gromph scribe nub necro/mage/not sure guy.
Maybe tamer next, and a toon to cover imbuing(likely Armani just SS off one) and someone for utility (lockpicker, chef, potion, etc)

While typing out my list to get inputs on my $$ making strategy, I remembered perhaps the funniest random thing I ever saw (technically heard about).....
I had just left farming Para Ancient Wyrms, they will follow you a loooooooooooong way. Almost back to the moongate apparently (Ilsh .... Sacrifice if I remember it right.. id kill daemons till I got bored then go to the ancient wyrm cave.. ).... I think it was Sparhawk ? But someone in ICQ informed me that there was a large crowd gathered at the moongate... apparently a Paragon Ancient Wyrm had decided to spawn or otherwise arrive on a ledge or something, directly above the moongate. LOL. As soon as people came out of gate.... BAM! dragon magic to the face. I wish I could have had a video........

*waves

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got all the regs you need bro.. just ICQ me later I'll hook you up with a few things to get you rolling..